Venice Queen vs Failure Duplicator

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Venice Queen vs Failure Duplicator

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:44 pm

Venice Queen || Speed: 10 // Traction: 8 // Torque: 2 // Weapon: 1 // Armor: 9 (+2 front)

Failure Duplicator || Speed: 4 // Traction: 2 // Torque: 1 // Weapon: 15 (16-1) // Armour: 7

11 armor to 15 weapon. I can take probably 3 full-speed weapon hits. but she is going to really, really struggle to ever get up to speed. she has mediocre control over her drive and has to deal with spinup torque from two weapons at once. having 2 weapons looped to one motor has to negatively affect spinup time, too. she is going to have a very hard time avoiding a rush if she still wants to get her weapon up to speed.

in general the gyro forces are gonna be a bitch on that thing. if she turns too hard, the eggbeater torque is going to make her lift up in the air... and then immediately impact the floor with a horizontal and go flying. she also has the HS issues with turning - slow to one side, fast and hard to control to the other.

I think of her 2 weapons, the horizontal will be the harder to avoid. because of that I'll put on the ABR wedge. If her weapon is at speed, I want to go after her sides whenever possible. those wheelpods are really chunky and give me a lot of surface area to get under & flip. Even if I get a mediocre flip, any amount of tilting is going to send that bot on a gyrodance extravaganza across the arena. I have the speed to catch up quickly and punish before she can recover control.

box rush to start, and keep the pressure on as often as possible. the longer I can keep her from getting up to speed, the better. I really don't care what weapon is facing me if the weapons aren't up to speed yet, I just want to get in the way of her getting up to speed as quickly as possible. Always be incredibly aggressive if she isn't up to speed. if she is up to speed, target the wheelpods, and get to her side whenever possible. there's a lot of surface area on that bot that has no weapon, and it cannot turn well.

if she's facing me with the eggbeater and going bitch mode in a corner or whatever, she has her HS facing towards a wall. ram into her while doing my best to angle into the forks. if I get under, ram her into a wall to reduce her weapon speed and show control and damage. if she gets under, she's still going to hit the wall from the impact, and she's still going to lose control. if this doesnt work well, focus more on getting under in the future.

if she turtles with the HS just ram her 4head

if she's spinning at full speed and plays ring around the rosy with the killsaws, don't chase her. instead just park myself on the side of the killsaw that's closest to the center of the arena. hopefully she'll come to me. if not, wait for the killsaws to go up, then the moment they start coming down, gun it across them. I'd like to bet that I'm fast enough to pass over them before they can reemerge.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Venice Queen vs Failure Duplicator

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:38 pm

Venice Queen: 10/8/2/1/9(+2 front)
Failure Duplicator: 4/2/1/16(-1 each)/7

ill take out the little forks on the vert side, they will be no use :V

At full speed i deal 4 damage to the front + 4 shock damage while the rest of the bot if i somehow reach it takes 8 damage lol. Good enough damage to wear it out overtime. The flipper should be particularly susceptible to the shock damage

Honestly just do my best to keep spinner momentum and do hits at full power. I have multiple spinners and multiple ways to use them that i can try and stick to whatever is less prone to getting stuffed and keeps the spinner momentum high for the most time.
Using the hs seems to be the most likely the make good contact
the vert spinning downwards has a non zero chance of hitting the chasis right above the wedge for an instant win and more realistically the hits throwing me upwards might let me get extra momentum in the air instead of just getting shoved right after the hit (and non zero chance of landing on top of VQ, she might keep driving forwards while ramming at the spinner idk)
She can flank if she wants and i cant stop that, i'm not really mad at that, in fact bait a flanking opportunity if i can while doing the keep spinner pointed at opponent thing. With that poor control and underwhelming acceleration she might just ride up my side wedges and drive into one of my weapons and potentially get hit somewhere that isn't the wedge lol.

tldr keep spinners going brrrrrrrrr
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53