Ruination Week 3 Lightweights: I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto vs Failure Duplicator

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Ruination Week 3 Lightweights: I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto vs Failure Duplicator

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:56 pm

I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto: Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque: 3 Weapon: 0 Armour: 12
Failure Duplicator: Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 (-1 each) Armour: 7

I'll be using the Big Friggin' Wedge with Heavy Stoppers and additional hinged wedgelets

Start off the match by rushing towards their robot like a bat out of hell, only slowing down as we close together so I don't make any silly mistakes early on. I'm going to use FD's insane gyroscopic forces and my speed (and traction) advantage by angling in pretty harshly on their robot, not full-on going for their sides but certainly trying it a little bit, using my forks to just slip under and getting them stuck on my tall wedge, meaning that I can ram them into the corners of the arena and let those pulverisers rain down on FD from above! If their weapon comes to blows with my wedge then it should be fine, I have 12 armour all around and should be able to take more than a few knocks, plus each time one weapon hits, the other slows down, due to them being powered by the same motor, making it easier to smother by pinning it against walls and in the corner.

I'll try to deposit it into all the hazards I can, showing all the aggression and control I can, as well as hopefully tipping damage in my favour, perhaps even knocking their robot out with sustained attacks from all of the hazards counting up. I'll be aggressive at all times, always approaching them and angling in to try and avoid his weapons where I can, using it's low ground-clearance to trap it up on my wedge for me to bully around. I won't ever allow FD to gain any distance between us, using my speed to always pursue and using my brute force to smother their machine, slowing down their weapons whenever I can.

Best of luck as always Maxi.
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Ruination Week 3 Lightweights: I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto vs Failure Duplicator

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:06 am

FD: 4/2/1/16(-1)/7
Not Tanto: 8/7/3/0/12

Put the side wedges upside down as i am starting overcutter.
Take out the little forks on the sides of my vert, they will get on the way at best.

I bet my ass he's going with the big wedge, the forks are too easy to hit with the horizontal and deny any sort of control from him.
(that's my rp if he happens to actually use the forks i guess)

Ok so the plan is engage with the vert spinning downwards, ride up the big wedge and nick off the wheels. Even if i barely touch then it should at least tear the tire right off and that's enough to basically win. I have plenty of time to pull this off during the fight.
He will only be able to stop me from doing this by not pushing or making me hit the wall and bounce off far far away, either case works well enough.
If he tries to flank there's a good chance of him monstertrucking me, that is very likely to end with him driving over my overcutter which again means a wheel is done for and i win.
If i get flipped just do my best to keep fighting with more or less same plan until i can hit anything (probably part of the arena) with a downwards spinning vert or he flips me again.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53