Ruination Week 3 Heavyweights: Xtreme pneumatiX vs Taisabachi

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Ruination Week 3 Heavyweights: Xtreme pneumatiX vs Taisabachi

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:40 pm

Xtreme pneumatiX: Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 3 Armour: 12
Taisabachi: Speed: 6 Traction: 4 Torque: 2 Weapon: 8 [7 spinner / 1 clutch transfer flipper (4 effective power)] Armour: 10

I'll be using the long forks for this

Start off the match by approaching them quickly and aggressively as I always do. I'm not sure if they'll be approaching me spinner first or flipper first but in case it's the spinner, I will attack it head on and get the big bot up on my wedge so I can shove it backwards and flip it into the wall to show some control and aggression. If they choose to approach me flipper first then I will use my speed advantage to angle in on them, avoiding those wedgelets in the center and instead getting under those normal wedges either side of them, flipping it over once I am underneath and pushing it around after that.

I will keep my flips a little more reserved this time around, tossing them towards corners and hazards but then using my large wedge shape to trap them and push them around, hopefully pinning the big boxy robot into the corner so the hammers can whale down on it from above. No matter which way Taisabachi approaches me, I will remain aggressive at all times, facing them flipper first and always ready to toss them away or to ram them some more. If I do get flipped, I'll simply use my invertibility to gain some space and then self-right immediately after, hopefully facing Taisabachi when I am back up onto my wheels, eager to get some flips in of my own in return.

I'll avoid getting myself involved with the hazards as best as I can whilst hopefully still being able to feed them right into the pulverizers and the killsaws, hopefully ending up with less damage due to my higher armour. If Taisabachi does get under me, I will try my best to reverse away from it with my slightly faster speed, hopefully avoiding a flip, leaving it vulnerable for me to get under and flip it myself!.

Best of luck once more Maxi
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Ruination Week 3 Heavyweights: Xtreme pneumatiX vs Taisabachi

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:44 am

Xtreme pneumatiX: Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 3 Armour: 12
Taisabachi: Speed: 6 Traction: 4 Torque: 2 Weapon: 8 [7 spinner / 1 clutch transfer flipper (4 effective power)] Armour: 10
Yes i copy pasted the stats from my opponents rp, i can do that without reading the rest of it :V

Basically he is faster but not by a lot and my flipper is better but not by a lot.
If he gets under my flipper my spinner will almost immediately hit the floor and pull me out, not exactly great for me but he can't really control me much then, his only alternative is to fire the flipper as soon as he gets under which means he is more prone to firing early and that his flipper will be inefficient (tip of the flipper lifting tip of my bot), adding that to the bit of gyro from my spinner probably means he wont be able to get me upside down.
Meanwhile i can get him upside down from flips rather often, when upside down he will be vulnerable as he has no wedges. He can self right with the flipper but that does take a bit of time and he can run away to do it safely but that's how you lose aggression points.
I want to flip him soon after getting under instead of pushing first, denies him the possibility of backing off. This does make it likely that my flipper instead of launching Xtreme pneumatiX in the air it gets flinged on its back like if it was a door attached to the floor like if this was a cartoon or something, that's still good as its basically guaranteed to get XP upside down.
Just be aggressive and chain flips as much as i can, if we are both driving at each other's front take things carefully so i don't get out angled.
If he flips me or otherwise i end up in the air just engage with whatever side faces XP until i find an opening to switch to the flipper if applicable. He does not have a config without forks so my HS will have at least some forks to catch on and fling him away and deny attacks and do control horizontal stuff, ya know
If i end up upside down self right ASAP
mandatory dont be an idiot and avoid hazards
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53