Omicron32 vs. Chimera

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Omicron32 vs. Chimera

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:35 am

hey there cutie Ive got some stats for uu ~

Omicron32 || Lifter config: 7 Speed / 7 Traction / 4 Torque / 3 Weapon / 9 Armor
Chimera || Speed: 7 // Traction: 7 // Torque: 2 // Weapon: 5 // Armor 9 (+2 weapon)

I don't remember ever having a 7/7 vs 7/7 fight. it's ALWAYS a 7/6. this is exciting.

our battle will be legendary

Forks

try to claim the center of the arena, but don't rush into him. he has better torque, I want to keep him at a distance. our drivetrains are identical so I really shouldn't try anything clever. forks beat out flat wedge more often than not. just focus on keeping them facing towards him.

if he's being very aggressive, just let him come to me. make sure to counter any attempts he makes to angle into the forks. I can punish this by just, turning to face him. the third time he tries this, I want to switch things up and try to counter-angle in. Instead of turning to face him, turn my forks away from him and try to slip one of my chassis wedges under one of his wheel pods.

if he's being more cautious, initiate fights. I don't want to just hand him free aggression points. just keep my forks pointed at his wedge.

__

flip as soon as I'm solidly under. chain flips for as long as I can, but if I'm still going after like 3-4 flips, swap tactics. see if I can wedge under one of his wheel pods. like, when my flipper is open use a chassis wedge. when the flipper closes closes it'll get in the way of him trying to escape. if I can do this he won't be able to out- torque me. see if I can get him to a killsaw.

In general try to get him to drive over killsaws. I want to see about doing some damage to his wheels. if I can even just get the tread to fall off of the sets of wheels, his traction will become worse. if this happens, I can start sometimes angling in.

__

the blockers on the end of his lifter are really tiny. if I fire my flipper, it will bounce me up enough to jump them. it's a 4-bar so I wont just tilt myself back like a britflipper would. don't try and back up to escape his wedge, unless he's lost traction.

if he flips me over and then tries to put the lifter down on top of me to like. pin me or something, fire the flipper while attempting to accelerate into him. I have enough power to flip both of us.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Omicron32 vs. Chimera

Post by attackfrog » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:19 pm

Omicron32's using the lifter config, unsurprisingly. I'm going to guess Shiv's using the forks because she hasn't said but why would any sane person use the plow in this matchup.

We've both got equally speedy bots with equally great control, but I've got some more pushing power and a more versatile weapon, and the invertability to handle being flipped quite easily. Chimera's got a flashier weapon but will have a much harder time recovering from being flipped. Chimera's also got the long forks, which probably have a bit of an advantage over my pressed-to-the-ground toothy lifter wedge if we're going straight on at each other, but which have a significant disadvantage if I'm coming at them from the side. Chimera's chassis corner and the sides of its forks are prime targets for me to get under.

I'll be driving moderately aggressively, trying to circle around and get to the sides of Chimera. If/when we end up face to face, I'll try to spin in place and get the corner of my wedge under Chimera before those forks can get under Omicron32. If I succeed, I'll push in, lifting just slightly until Chimera's in the pan and I can drive it into the wall (or a hammer) and try to push it over by raising the lifter. I'll even just hold it against the wall like that if I can. If my maneuver fails and Chimera gets under, I'll try to spin off to avoid a flip, and failing that too I'll use my invertability to quickly reset (if flipped over) and come back in on the attack. And so on and so forth.

GLHF Shiv.