R5 Week 3 MWs: Skoll vs. Bite Me

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

R5 Week 3 MWs: Skoll vs. Bite Me

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:31 pm

Skoll: Speed: 4 | Traction: 2 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 16 | Armor: 7

Bite Me: Speed: 7 | Traction: 5 | Torque: 2 | Weapon: 11 | Armor: 5

Configs: Scythe config on Skoll.

Strategy:
Scythe fans rejoice: I’m using it this time!

Start upright and facing backwards, spin around with the help of spinup torque and drive out of my square at an angle to avoid a box rush. Play keepaway and get into the middle of the box. Once I’m at full speed, approach menacingly if he’s not being aggressive. If he’s trying to flank me, cheeky move time: act like I’m struggling to turn more than I am, and see if I can bait him into going for my wheels. If he tries to rush me, either spin around with my rotation, against it, or gun it in reverse and turn to bring my weapon on line, whichever seems more likely to hit with.

I’m NOT starting inverted for two reasons. First, if he does manage to get behind me the undercutter is more likely to hit the floor if I’m wedged and kick me away to safety, and second, because I have a ton of ground clearance and a weapon underneath me which makes getting high-centered on debris or on his wedge less likely.

If I’m wedged from the side, gun it forward with the other wheel and see if I can pivot the weapon into his side.

This fight kinda comes down to how he's screwed if I hit him at anywhere near full speed, and there's a very limited angle he can possibly attack from without getting hit. He has to engage eventually, and when he does, if he makes the slightest mistake or underestimates my maneuverability, he's dead.

patrickrowberry

Re: R5 Week 3 MWs: Skoll vs. Bite Me

Post by patrickrowberry » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:23 pm

yaya time to go head on and die or kill him