R5 Week 3 SHWs: Boreas vs. Pathos

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

R5 Week 3 SHWs: Boreas vs. Pathos

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:45 pm

Boreas: Speed 5 | Traction 4 | Torque 1 | Weapon 12 | Armor 8

Pathos: Speed 7 | Traction 6 | Torque 5 | Weapon 1 | Armor 11 (+2 back plow)

Configs: Normal Config please.

Strategy:
Spin up, drive out of my square along the wall and be ready to either spin to face him, dodge away, or reverse to meet/avoid a box rush since he’s probably coming out of his square fast. After that, drive aggressively, making small reversing turns if he goes for my corners to avoid gyro-ing too much, and try to slam into him at high closing speed.

If he leads with the back wedge: I can’t damage it but it doesn’t say it’s hinged. I have a moderate to severe wedge advantage, and can launch him in the air.

If he leads with the wedgelets, lifter down: That arm looks really low, I think my drum might just scrape it? Either way it’ll make contact, and it’s spindly enough that it’ll probably still be bent or twisted a bit. If he gets it directly under my wedgelet, his pushing force will spin me around, so just roll with that and reverse off, and try to catch him with the lifter raised if he tries to lift me. Wedge wars against his wedgelets are about even at the start of the match, but see if I can go for his corners so that I make contact with them with the drum even without getting under. 3 flat surface damage might still bend stuff, and 3 corner damage definitely will. If I get under once or twice it’ll start happening more often as his wedgelets get damaged.

If he has the lifter “front-hinged:” Same applies about wedgelets, but also if I flip him he has to self-right with his slow-ass lifter. When this happens punt his ass. Hit the lifter if possible to bend it and make it unusable as a wedge so he’s forced to go front-hinged.

If I’m flipped: My standoffs are wide which will minimize gyroing. Drive right into him to flip myself back over, stay far from the killsaw slots. If I’m still having trouble controlling the bot while inverted, reduce weapon throttle a bit.

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: R5 Week 3 SHWs: Boreas vs. Pathos

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:09 pm

Boreas: Speed 5 | Traction 4 | Torque 1 | Weapon 12 | Armor 8

Pathos: Speed 7 | Traction 6 | Torque 5 | Weapon 1 | Armor 11 (+2 back plow)

Hey it's genericus 4WD vert but it's drum because y e s

right don't bother trying to use the lifter forks in their normal stance, they're just gonna get their shit kicked in, start with them retracted, front-hinge mode, hopefully the thicker ones shouldn't get chewed up as badly.

he doesn't have forks in any capacity so i should have slightly superior ground game, i also have the speed advantage and can likely take advantage of his gyro to flank him, so we're gonna go for that, flank the boi and when we wedge him, slam as hard as you can this boi into the lexan.

Prioritize flanking over head on engagements, the forks will likely not last long if they get hit, and we have the speed advantage + his gyro to facilitate it.

Go for pins if you can after a slam, especially if we get the boi under the pulveriser, if we're just against the lexan feel free to try lifting him against the wall and see if we can stack him, if it works and we can just KO it, i'll take it for sure.

As usual, avoid hasard baiting, reverse if wedge, you know the drill...

GL HF