Whipscorpion vs Venice Queen

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Whipscorpion vs Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:58 pm

hey babe im on desktop u get stats 💕

Venice Queen: Speed: 10 // Traction: 8 // Torque: 2 // Weapon: 1 // Armor: 9 (+2 front)

Whipscorpion: Weapon: 3 (2 translation(?)) // Traction 2 // Torque: 1 // Speed: 15 // Armor: 9 (+2 "hammer" at the end of the tail)

ABR wedge (3rd image)

wp's translational speed is 2 IIRC it's either that or 1. either way he's not doing any clever driving while it's spinning. it's completely uncontrollable when not translating.

this bot is a clever design. it has multiple ways to get away from a wedge - he can either dash in a random direction at 15 speed, OR he can wiggle free with the puncher arm. If my bot were slower, trying to keep up with his mad dashes would be hard. but at 10 speed with better torque, I'll get to him before he can spin up, no matter where he goes. the wiggle bar makes him hard to push. I'll want to keep the fight near walls, so I dont have to travel very far when trying to ram him into walls.

He also has poor defenses against being flipped. as long as I can keep him never having 2 wheels on the ground, he's going to struggle. this also means I should focus on hitting him into walls.

rush to the middle of the arena at the start. if he tries to meet me he won't get up to speed. if he goes somewhere else, pursue him to there. try to disrupt him before he gets up to full speed.

if he is up to full speed, focus on lining up a good angle. I want to be hitting him so that the ricochet damage sends him either over killsaws or into the walls (or both!!).

when I'm in control, focus on staying in control. I want to always hit him just before he gains control of the robot again. and then, I want to retreat to let him get into control again. I dont want to be pushing him around, unless the puncher bar breaks somehow.

I want to either slam him into walls while flipping, or I can just flip him where he stands. either way: I do my thing, then I back up, let him almost recover, then I hit him again. try to get him into corners, if I can. it's easier to keep him trapped in a corner than just against walls.

if he actually manages to get away and start spinning again, make sure he doesn't get to the center of the arena.

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: Whipscorpion vs Venice Queen

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:02 pm

Venice Queen: Speed: 10 // Traction: 8 // Torque: 2 // Weapon: 1 // Armor: 9 (+2 front)

Whipscorpion: Weapon: 3 (2 translation(?)) // Traction 2 // Torque: 1 // Speed: 15 // Armor: 9 (+2 "hammer" at the end of the tail)

Right lemme see what is this one again... *checks files* ...oh shit a control brick with a ABR wedge, trouble...

i could probably abuse the absurd amount of bite depth i got on this thing to try and catch the back edge of that ABR wedge assuming i don't drive like an idiot, can always use and abuse the ramming/punching bar to get out if he pins me or stacks me, and the chassis armor is 7 so if i ever get one hit on this it's lights out for the queen.

So yeah that's about the game plan, try to stay close to the center, go for the edges of the ABR wedge, abuse punching bar to escape pins and we should be good...

GL HF