Ruination r2: ayame vs failure duplicator

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Ruination r2: ayame vs failure duplicator

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:14 pm

Fd 4/2/1/16(-1)/7
Ayame 8/7/2/2/11

4 damage is good but not that much, if i get the vs under i get 5 so just a few could break the flipper and only one hit might be enough to ruin the wedge tip for getting under easily and giving the hs something to catch.
Tbh the main difficulty of getting under is actually engaging from vs side. Still if his wedge gets messed up he will need to either tank the hs 4 damage or try to angle in on thr vs side and risk the 5 damage.
So yeah the plan is to try to attack vs side as much as possible, if i am getting thrown around do attack with what is closer but once i catch a break go back to my plans.
Use walls and killsaws to deny possible angles of attack. Try to back out as he is about to reach my front forks to make angling a bit harder, also try to turn in the direction ofc.
If he gets under the hs has a shot of contacting the floor and getting me away without taking all my momentum.
Start undercutter, facing vs side. He shouldn't be able to flip me to overcutter
Start by just waiting in my square, turning to meet em from the front. If he goes for the big flanking and manages to get a clear path to my side or corner just go full throttle in reverse, hit the wall and bounce off far away into safety. If this doesn't go wrong try the trick again if i get pinned when he has to release me, mix the trick up if he pins me multiple times.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: Ruination r2: ayame vs failure duplicator

Post by GF93 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:45 pm

Default Setup.

Geez, this'll be tough. The biggest things to take note of are the heavy-hitting dual spinners, but he's also got a tricky design in general with the hinged fork/eggbeater setup. That said, he's got weaknesses I can take advantage of; drivetrain-wise, I'm twice as fast/powerful as him with three times the traction. My armour is decent enough to handle several blows from him (especially if I flip him), and I've got the flipper and the stronger wedge (2WD versus 4WD hinged) to control him with. His weapons become noticeably less effective when he's flipped; he loses the ability to undercut on the horizontal end (if I do that ASAP, I'll protect my wedge), and even if his spinner is hinged, it'll still spin down as opposed to up. Plus, the less durable latter setup (with his relatively low armour) provides a good weakpoint to target with the Pulverisers either way up, and I can do the same to the horizontal spinner when it's flipped. His defences also aren't the best; besides the aforementioned low armour, the skirts/forks can both be angled into, and neither of them work as well when inverted.

The key thing is going to be taking advantage of my superior drivetrain/flipper to limit the effectiveness of his spinners early on, take advantage of the kinks in his design, force him onto the defensive, and be aggressive as all hell throughout. Attack predominantly from the sides/corners to minimise spinner damage, mix in occasional feints (drive up close until I'm practically touching, then immediately reverse/counterattack when he goes for me), and aim to get right under first, then flip him over. From there, keep him upside-down and herded near walls/hazards, squash him into walls/corners for the maximum possible time to wear down the clock, do long-running throws into the sides with the flipper (then catch him each time to prevent him spinning up) and make use of the Pulverisers (the pointed ones especially) to damage his main body and break the vertical setup. If I can break both weapons, amp up the aggression even more and keep flipping him around the arena. Avoid hazards if not taking him to them myself, copy him if he tries driving off the wedge, avoid going head-on into the spinners if I can help it, and NEVER FIRE THE FLIPPER UNLESS I'M DEFINITELY UNDERNEATH.

Hopefully this should be enough. Best of luck!