Scrapper vs 25 or 6 to 4

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Scrapper vs 25 or 6 to 4

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:09 am

Scrapper: 4/2/1/16/7

25 or 6 to 4: 6/5/1/9/9 (+1 front and weapon)

He has 4 speed? Hmm

Start out with a box rush (or just center of the arena if he's fully spun up). If he's still spinning up, hit him immediately and start smacking him into the walls and hazards. Try to aim for body shots, especially if I'm under him. Juicy corner damage. Refuse to give him any room to spin up. If he is able to get spun up, make every last shot a weapon to weapon hit (which I should win each time as I am a 14 armor disc who will outreach his weapon each time).

The name of the game while we go weapon to weapon is to knock him upwards to keep the drum away and start knocking on the body while juggling or sending it flying like a ragdoll. If you do so please, you may also angle into the forks to hit it with the spinner once the opening is there. I have better control and 2 points more of speed so it should work to an extent. Peeling back those forks just means more damage for me.

If the drum somehow makes contact with my wedges, it'll hopefully do little more than graze them, as they are quite steep for taking on drums. Sure it's 6 damage, but where will he get any bite? That said, make sure he doesn't hit them in the first place :V

Basically, stop him from spinning up and go weapon to weapon if that fails, take every shot on the weapon and use my better speed to keep things in front as well as angle in if I see an opening on his forks.

GL

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: Scrapper vs 25 or 6 to 4

Post by Trihunter » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:14 pm

Okay, first off, if we go weapon on weapon, they take 2 and we take nothing. That's good. If not weapon on weapon, we take 2 and they take 6-8. Lol. Challenge is finding that chance, but we basically only need to pull it off once.

Take it slow off the start. Odds are they're gonna go for a box rush, anticipate it and get out of the way as we spin up. Once up, our aim is to keep spinning and force as many advantageous trades as we can. Abuse gyro to feint if necessary, get them facing our spinner as much as possible to grind them down. They're a bit faster than us, but we do have the wedge at the back. Don't be afraid to go for a mix-up and scoop them up with it if they're getting around us, taking them to the wall or a hazard for a slam and pin. The nice thing is if they try to monstertruck over it, we get to mangle their underside on the way, most likely.

Bit of a short one but I've procrastinated too long on this. Whoops.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)