Venice Queen vs Ayame

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Venice Queen vs Ayame

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:53 pm

Sorry babe im on mobile no stats for you

Forks

Venice queen has 2 more speed, should be able to use it to my advantage

2 main approaches. Vary between both, start favoring one more (75%) if it’s more successful.

I can go head on. - the forks are long, hinged, and attached to my weapon. If he flips them he’s not going to flip me - And then i can try and push him by his open flipper, maybe do some damage by ramming under there. I will still win head on engagements sometimes. I can try and bait flips by suddenly reversing, on occasion.

I can angle in. Better speed, better reach. He has better control, but is also 2wd with wheels at the back, and therefore won’t be as responsive as a 4wd bot. Should work fairly often. reach means a lot, and even if he stops the forks he might not stop the second layer of wedges.

Try to flip immediately, and as often as possible. My fliper is electric, his is pneumatic. He’ll run out of flips. i wont, so see if i can make that happen. He also might get trapped under a hammer, since he cant drive inverted.

Run away before self righting, since i can, and it works better when I’m in motion.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: Venice Queen vs Ayame

Post by GF93 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:01 am

Kunai Wedge Teeth for this fight.

A duel of veteran flippers right out of the gate! Venice Queen's even faster than I am, pretty durable up front with those hinged 11-armour wedges, and has an interesting four-bar flipper setup. However, she has a noticeably worse traction ratio than I do, her wedge effectiveness is questionable compared to mine (4WD hinged with exposed corners versus my 2WD sawtooth wedge with the weight distribution that works to stop popping wheelies, which applies to all her setups), my flipper's stronger and self-rights faster, and at only 7 armour, hazard damage will be much more of a threat on her than it will me.

So for this one, standard flipper-versus-flipper rules apply. Focus predominantly on being aggressive and using several different ways to get underneath. Attack the sides/corners directly, feint an attack towards the corners (then reverse/J-turn away and counter) or head-on (reverse right as I'm about to hit the wedge, wait for her to fire, then dive under; though always have an escape route off to the side to fall back on if she doesn't take the bait), and just generally be as slippery and opportunistic as possible. If she gets under me, don't panic; her flipper arm is narrow and the shot itself isn't that strong, so reverse J-turn away, or if she's got the straight wedge or angled scoop (NOT if she's got the third), accelerate over the top and off the side. Don't give her any chances to press an attack; self-right immediately if flipped, and focus on recovering my bearings before resuming.

In any case, once I've gotten underneath, pop her on her back, and from there, amp up the aggression. Keep underneath, copy her movements to keep her from driving off (even at only 8, I'm still fast enough to keep up thanks to the torque/acceleration), actively interfere with any and all attempts to self-right, and focus on throwing her around, squashing her into the walls/corners (preferably into the Pulverisers to ruin her armour), and aiming for her tyres and scoop tips with the Killsaws to ruin them. Don't be too reckless, however; don't go too near the hazards when I don't need to, don't waste any flips, and always have an escape route to fall back on if I need it.

Good luck!