Pathos vs Chieftain

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Pathos vs Chieftain

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:25 pm

oh boi two lifter bricks fighting, i can already hear the yaws from the audience from over here in baguette land

i have slighty more speed and control than him, which should be helpful to keep on him and make sure the boi has no room to breathe

Gonna start with the lifter forks in it's normal position and basically use them to channel my inner End Game and basically outreach him so that if he tries to go head on i just slide under the dude and he isn't gonna do much except get picked up and introduced to the wall at high speeds.

If for whatever reason this either doesn't work or the forks get bent at some point, don't be a stubborn dummy, retract them all the way, try to aim for the sides or at the very least angling in, and use the lifter forks as a front hinge to see if i can high-center him against the wall in any way, considering he's got mostly enclosed wheels it should at least be possible enough to be worth going for it.

Also, another very interesting thing is that he looks like he's either not invertible or barely at all with the lifter on top getting in the way, so if get him flipped over at all i can probably bully his ass for a short moment before he gets back on his wheels proper and is ready to fight again, so another thing to consider while fighting him.

Usual common sense like not falling for hazard-baiting and backing off his wedge ASAP if that happens applies.

GL HF

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: Pathos vs Chieftain

Post by GF93 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:58 pm

Default Config, all teeth ON.

Alright, Pathos first. Massive six-wheel drivetrain like myself, but he's got that two-way lifter, so I'll have to be careful. That said, he's got a few disadvantages; his weapon is much slower/weaker than mine, and unlike Chieftain, he doesn't really have any way to keep me on any of his wedges if he gets under. Even if he does, I can escape/counter much more easily with my protruding rear wheel setup, and if he lifts from the front, he'll most likely just tip forward and lift his own wheels off the floor. He's slightly faster and has more torque, but his longer, thinner chassis and worse traction ratio will work against him in terms of agility. His biggest problem, though, is in his defence; his armour's not the greatest (so he'll take significant damage with sustained fire from the Pulverisers) and if I have him off the ground even slightly, then he loses all traction thanks to his ground clearance. His sides are very flat and exposed, the hinge wedges are vulnerable to flanking, and if I flip him, said wedges become much weaker. And if he tries to self-right? That's even better for me.

Keeping this in mind, I'll want to take an aggressive and strategic approach. Always taking the fight to him, but simultaneously taking advantage of his vulnerability to flanking, getting under from different weakpoints (under forks, the sides/corners, etc.) each time, occasionally feinting to bait him into drawing his attack, then taking advantage. If he gets under me, always be ready to juke away (mixing up either reversing, j-hooking or driving over and off the sides, as appropriate; don't, for example, reverse when my back's to a wall or hazard) and counterattack. If I'm flipped, use my invertibility to escape, self-right a safe distance away (preferably off to his sides, where it's harder for him to turn), then get back to fighting.

In any case, I want to flip him over ASAP, then from there, keep him upside-down and show no mercy. Keep him forced near and slam him into the walls/hazards, squash him up against the walls to wear down the clock (preferably in the Pulverisers to damage his body/forks and ruin his lifter), copy his movements if he tries driving off, and actively stop him from self-righting. Don't go too near the hazards unless I'm taking him to them.

Hopefully, this should be enough. Good luck, Mystic!