Taisabachi vs Powerdrive ‘22

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Taisabachi vs Powerdrive ‘22

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:10 pm

Powerdrive ‘22: Speed: 6 Traction: 4 Torque: 1 Weapon: 12 (1 Schrimech) Armor: 7

Taisabachi: Speed: 6 Traction: 4 Torque: 2 Weapon: 8 [7 spinner / 1 clutch transfer flipper (4 effective power)] Armour: 10

Taisabachi’s weapon is not strong enough to damage my armour but his flipper is clutch transfer powered so I need to be careful right from the start. Fire up my weapon and get out of the corner starting square.

I'll go after the flat sides on Taisabachi from the sides or the framing on the back which holds the spinning weapon. Those will be my target to focus, Stay close to my opponent squarely and keep up the pressure in hope for my opponent to make driving errors

I’m confident that my armour and weapon is able to tank Taisabachi’s spinning weapon so I’ll need to face frontally at him when that situation happens. Attack and hope to knock something off when making the hits in hope to disable his chain belt powered the spinning bar in order to stop his kinetic powered flipper.

If things are not working well then switch it up and be very careful not to expose my wheels in fear of the opponent’s weapon power strong enough to rip one of them off. Stick to plan in facing my weapon frontally as it’ll be my strongest part to protect the wheels.

Good luck and may the best bot win :)

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Taisabachi vs Powerdrive ‘22

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:07 pm

Taisabachi: 6/4/2/8 (7 spinner / 1 clutch flipper(4 effective))/10
Powerdrive: 6/4/1/12 (11weapon / 1srimech)/7
(It has been so long since last time i did this)
We both have nearly the same drivetrain, i have the slight edge with one more torque but that's not a big deal, pushing matches are going to be won by whoever gets under its just that i win by more. Not like there should be many of those.
Fancy driving tricks are probably not going to work very well for either of us, so i imagine this will be pretty straight forward.
Neither of us can do more damage than just chipping off the a bit of wedge edge at most, this will be a control fight.

The main plan is to try to engage head on flipper side, i should be able to slot my flipper between his forks, If so i should be able to flip him by firing the flipper into his spinner regardless of who got their side wedge/fork things under.
If his spinner is narrow enough that this doesn't work or he angles in well enough the chance of who flips who should be about even.
If i fire the flipper just keep driving forwards and try to flip him back, his srimech can leave him vulnerable for a moment if he doesn't land upright.
Try to chain flips to get him to a wall, the srimech should be less effective there. Waste time and pin him to the wall jada jada.

Mix up ocasionally by engaging with the spinner. I should be able to just hit his forks and both of us should bounce off a bit and his spinner doesn't touch me. The only way he could prevent this is to approach at a large angle, i should be able to see it coming and back off and potentially even hit him on his side after.

If i get flipped self right with the flipper and engage with whatever side ends up facing him.
If one of the two approaches seems to be working better then prefer it (duh)

mandatory dont be an idiot, don't get hazard baited, adapt blah blah blah
gl hf
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53