Chimera vs greenwar

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Chimera vs greenwar

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:04 pm

On mobile, sorry cutie no stats

Forks

I have reach, i have maneuverability, i have 3 more speed.

I’d really rather not let him get a body shot. If im engaging from the front, always make sure my forks are dead center, and never be near full speed. I dont want to drive over the spinner- The forks can take the damage, let them at least slow the weapon to safe speeds.

let’s be cautious in neutral. Try to get angles on the outside of his wedge, or even get behind him. Make him come to me when i gain the center of the arena. My forks are narrow, and should be able to slip right into that spot in the middle of his wedge where he’s lacking wedgelets.

Slowly corner him into spaces: use non-committal attacks to try and get at his sides to force him to back into screws or hammers. I really, really want to drive home that he’s at a -2 differential with a high up spinner, making his control awful. Be slow, be steady, be a bully.

If he’s spinning i only want to flip if he starts to get away. It leaves me vulnerable and he’ll bounce uncontrollably. Mostly push him to hazards, unless i can get a really good shot into the screws, or into the faces of the commentators, judges, or his team.

If I’m inverted, run and self right, unless i really think i can get to his side and bully him. If he’s under and i have time, jturn in random directions. He’ll struggle to follow with gyro forces and -2 control.

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: Chimera vs greenwar

Post by Mystic2000 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:34 pm

Chimera:
Speed: 7 // Traction: 7 // Torque: 2 // Weapon: 5 // Armor 9 (+2 weapon)

Greenwar:

Speed: 4
Traction: 2
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armor: 9 (+2 front wedge)

Right, this is gonna be a tricky one, he has more speed and better control, so we'll have to mostly stay on the defensive for this one, as we simply do not have the drivetrain and control compared to this boi to go aggro, i'm noticing 2 helpful things with that fork config of his tho:

-His forks do not have angled sides in any capacity and are fairly long, meaning that if i can position myself so that he comes at an angle instead of dead-on, i may be able to push against the side of his forks and wedge him that way and maybe get a hit on them.

-He also doesn't have additional front support with that fork config, what this means is that if he tries to flip me and i'm not all the way on the forks, he'll likely tip forward a bunch on the flip and the flip won't be nearly as effective

With this in mind, game plan is as follows, rather than going aggressive, try to ward off any flanking shenanigans he tries to pull, back off the forks as much as possible if he gets under, and make sure that he always comes in at an angle rather than straight on so we can try to exploit the flat sides of his forks like mentioned before.

The general idea is to wait for him to get himself in a disadvantageous position and then exploit it, whether with that method, trying to get him near hasards, or waiting for him to mess up a flip either because i'm not far enough up the forks or because he outright misses, by capitalising on mistakes on his end, we should be able to land hits and demonstrate control enough to offset our lack of outright kill power or the fact we aren't in the position to play aggressive.

GL HF