Apeirogon vs. TD

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Toxic

Apeirogon vs. TD

Post by Toxic » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:02 pm

Aperiogon:
Speed: 3
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon 22
Armour: 1

TD:
Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 13
Armour: 7

Difference:
Speed: TD +2
Traction: TD +1
Torque: Even
Weapon to Armor difference: Aperiogon +15; TD +12

Strategy:

Spin up, get out to the middle of the arena. Try to avoid head on contact with this bot as I will die....pretty sure they will die also but I digress. Anyway, just pull a Minotaur, try to dance around AP best I can until I get get a hit in on the side or on one of the corners. Repeat as necessary. If my drum goes out just drive into them until I die.

Good luck.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Apeirogon vs. TD

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:31 pm

Apeirogon: 3/3/1/22(15 cannon/15 ammo (32 shots))/1 - Assault rifle config
TD:5/4/1/13/7
He is faster but not by that much (7u vs 5u), my superior handling should let me aim well.
If i hit anything other that his weapon even once i win, perhaps not instant ko but it should either break his weapon mount or compromise his drivetrain enough so i can just keep my distance forever.

Start by approaching the him at full speed until we are about 35% of the arena away from each other, then start circle strafing around it in the direction that gets me farthest away from the killsaws, if he is still approaching me (very likely) do the circle strafing while backing up a bit, as he gets closer reduce the strafing to go back faster.
About a second into the strafing fire the first shot aiming at the corner of TD closest to me so it hits the weapon mount, continue strafing and firing rather aimed shots for as long as i can keep the medium distance. If he manages to take the shots with his weapon its still 4 damage so not bad at all.

If this doesn't give me the juicy shot after 5 or so shots or he does go closer before transition into just firing into his weapon at a faster rate. As he gets closer go into full auto. It shouldn't take that many 4 damage shots to break the weapon and the knockback should slow him down a bit. At very close range i get a +1 damage so the 5 damage hits plus all of the 4 damage shots should at least break his weapon right before he touches me.

don't drive into the hazards for the love of god

tldr try to snipe a side or corner, if that fails go jam on the weapon until it breaks
gl hf
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53