ARC: Association of Rejected Cfreations

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

ARC: Association of Rejected Cfreations

Post by Madman » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:26 am

Association of Rejected Cfreations

Overview

Ever made a bot that just didn't get used? Maybe it was an iteration of something else that was quickly iterated on again, maybe it had some fatal flaw, maybe it dared too much or you were just 'meh' on it, or maybe it was a crusher or a full body spinner. Whatever. IDC about the reason. What I do care about is that special lil' fella's feelings. He was born to fight and, because of your prejudice or reticence, he hasn't had the chance to do so yet and probably get obliterated back into his component pieces faster than you can say 'Association of Rejected Cfreations'. Come to think of it, it might be kind of hard to say 'cfreations'. The 's' is not silent, so you best give it its due.

Specifics

1) Your entry must be something that has previously been rendered and is known to exist (has been shown either on here or on discord) but has never fought in a competitive match before. It doesn't have to be of your design.

2) There will be a field of only eight bots. This event will be run using Swiss format.

3) ARC is an anyweight event but will be treated as heavyweight for the purpose of scaling and stuff like that.

4) Your word limit is 300 since I don't wanna read all your shit about why the other dude's wedge sucks, okay?

5) We'll be using Noah's rules, I guess. Those are good. You can find them in the Butcher's Circus signups. I'm too lazy to repost them here. Deal with it.

6) Signups open now, and are not first come, first served. HFL and I are gonna pick the most interesting bots. 'Interesting' doesn't mean 'stupid/memey AF just to get chosen', BTW. It should have a chance of working. All I can say is try to follow the spirit of the tournament.

7) We're starting this weekend, on Sunday whenever I roll outta bed. Get your shit in fast.

The Arena

We'll be fighting in Hall of Steel and Flame, which is a bomb-ass looking arena that, fittingly, has never been used before.

Entries
Automatic Entry
  1. Hadean
  2. V-TEC
  3. Flip and Grab
  4. Exitium
  5. Miasma
Entry Playoffs
  1. Cardinal vs Dunkleosteus
  2. Blocakde vs 25 or 6 to 4
  3. Grey Squirrel vs Zwischenzug

Last edited by Madman on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: ARC: Association of Rejected Cfreations

Post by Madman » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:29 am

HADEAN

Wanted to try a pattern that was a mix of electronic and organic, and liked the name Hadean from before, so I redesigned that disappointment of a bot from the ground up. It's lower and wider and has a self-righting pole that should be vaguely reminiscent of the warp nacelles from Star Trek TOS. Hoping the shell and overhead buff in Fandomonium will make them competitive again. Otherwise it's your standard 4WD shell spinner. Backlight and glow effects rendered in Sketchfab.

3/1/1/16/9

Last edited by Madman on Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

hide
Team: Team C/D

Post by hide » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:27 am

ITS BLOCKADE’S TIME TO SHINNNNEEEEEE
HW: BLOCKADE
A SMEEEE clone with a non-straight wedge for better pinning and dominating. It's a brick, but hey it's not a box on wheels!
Is invertable, will not wheely
7 speed, 6 traction, 6 torque, 1 weapon, 10 armor
The top of the bot (not the wedge itself, the thing connecting the wheels) can pop up and self right.
And no, IT WILL NOT WHEELY
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:13 am

I am probably changing my mind later, i have made quite a few dedicated flippers but never ran any of them so here we go.
V-TEC
4-bar flipper with tank threads, they now have very different rules than the ones from a year-ish ago when i made this but still.
Has a second weapon, a pneumatic system that gives the drivetrain a short boost for stuff like pushing, box rushing or running away, can only be used to move in a straight line.
Stats:
  • Speed: 6
  • Traction: 5
  • Torque: 2
  • Weapon: 9(6 Flipper / 6 Boost)
  • Armor: 8
Armor Config:
  • Weapon: 7(5 Flipper / 5 Boost)
  • Armor: 10(+2 Plow/Forks)
Pretty much the same stats i was originally going to give it btw.
All forks, plows and wedgelets are hinged, the ones attached to the flipper are shaped to only move a few degrees so the flipper still works.
Normal.
High armor forks
Plow, also high armor.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:24 am

Two degrees of unused bot, hoooooo!

This is a wide-faced, invertible plow/crusher, weighted towards the front so that it can pivot effortlessly around its massive plow/mouth. The face is designed so that it is really fucking ugly works either way up (though it works better right side up). For the sake of knockback mitigation, Dunkleosteus is encircled by four large tracks, which ensure both full invertibility using the central joint as a pivot, and that this prehistoric terror's footprint on the ground is huge. Feel like going fishing?

Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armour: 12
Fresh from 2016, and recovered from the depths of Cape Spear after it, uh, sank, all it took was a little clean up to get this monster ready to roll! I apologize for the janky tracks, lol.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:23 pm

Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Zwischenzug
Speed: 6 Traction: 5 Torque: 1 Weapon: 12 Armour: 6
"Zwischenzug is a chess tactic in which a player, instead of playing the expected move first interposes another move posing an immediate threat that the opponent must answer."
2wd Drum with removable wedgelets powered by two-motors with a reversible ESCs on each, meaning it can spin upwards, even when flipped. Can use it's gyroscopic forces and large wheels to self-right when flipped over. Both of the bumps on either side of the wheelguards and the spike at the back prevent it from being stranded on those positions, insuring that it will always roll back onto it's wheels.
Shown the very original of this off on the ARC Discord in February last year and planned to enter it into CBC 4, modifying the existing CAD with some minor refinements (thicker wedgelets, bumpers and nicer looking pulleys) but it just kind of fell into obscurity and I entered Duck Stab! instead. I'm confident that with the whole repeated hits thing, it will be able to get some sort of a better performance.
Last edited by Botomatic1000 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:37 pm

revenge is a dish served grabby

flip and grab

7,7,3,7(5/5),6

a rear hinged flipper with grabby claws

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:13 pm

Exitium

Exitium is a Kan-Opener wannabe with the vicious horizontal crushing claws following curved spikes, The robot can run inverted following a 2WD drive system. The design has forks in front in order to get under the opponent and crush it.

Speed: 5 Traction: 4 Torque: 2 Weapon: 11 Armour: 8 (+2 Claws)

Last edited by British-Robotics on Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:30 pm

25 or 6 to 4

Time for a good ol' Windy City ass kicking! Leave your sour attitude at Lower Wacker Drive and bow down to the king of the Midway

Tri toothed disc/bar combo (marked 25, 6, and 4 accordingly) specifically made for punting bots into the ceiling and maybe taking a few wheels off in the process. Has big wheels in the back to prevent high centering. Is invertible and can self right easily by hitting the wall or another bot and climbing back over with the blade.

Speed: 6 Traction: 5 Torque: 1 Weapon: 9 Armor: 9(+1 front including the weapon)

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:05 pm

MIASMA

Stats:
Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 2
Weapon: 11 (all points to spinning blade, 2 weapon armor points invested in articulating arm)
Armor: 8

Anti-Spinner Config: Weapon 9 (Both weapon armor points to arm), Armor 10 (+2 front plow)

After being unfairly robbed in the Pandemic Render Challenge, Miasma is here to fight for real! This bot has a deadly hammersaw to spread plague and pestilence through its opponent's insides, and a deadly paint job to spread plague and pestilence through the souls of the opposing driver, referees, judges, commentators, and audience. The arm also has a pair of sharp rear forks which allow the weapon to be used in reverse like a normal vertical spinner.

The plow is shaped to scoop up and trap opponents. For fights against bots with actual weapons, this can be swapped out for a sturdy anti-spinner plow, with wide pontoons for a good balance of reach against vertical spinners and deflection capability against horizontal spinners. This is used with a lighter blade: it doesn't have as much KE, but it can still get tons of bite with its beak-like shape and hits hard enough to be dangerous against most spinners' top armor.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:12 am

From an age ago, a time known to some as January 2018 and to others as that period when making Black Dog clones was still cool, comes this robot. Inspired by Brad's "White Cat" here's:

Grey Squirrel

Image Image

It's got two big teeth in the middle and a set of chewers on either side. The tail is made of faux fur glued onto styrofoam (pls no touch.) Its self-righting strategy is punching the floor or the wall and letting Newton's third law do its thing.

If selected I'll make a proper Sketchfab render of this little guy.

Stats: 5 Speed / 4 Traction / 1 Torque / 13 Weapon / 7 Armor

TDG does ARC
Team: Team CSI

Post by TDG does ARC » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:30 am

Cardinal: Speed-4, Traction-2, Torque-1, Weapon-16, Armor-7

cardinal.png
cardinal.png (77.74 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
Just here to have a good time