Server Hosting

Important news and update announcements regarding Advanced Robot Combat.
attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Server Hosting

Post by attackfrog » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Sup.

A lot of people have been having issues with the website lately, especially with that MySQL error that keeps popping up. I sent an email to tech support about it, and as I feared, it's because the hosting plan I bought is super cheap. The number of database connections that the site can have going at one time is limited, and the limit is apparently low enough that we're running into it pretty frequently.

I've asked them how much it will cost to upgrade the site to the next tier of hosting. I don't want to pay for it all myself, but I'm willing to chip in if other people are too. (Thank you Josh and Danielle for helping out last time!) Let me know what you guys think.

attackfrog

Re: Server Hosting

Post by attackfrog » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:20 pm

I also just got this from customer support:
Dear Client,

The limit for the max_database_connections is the same, but we will migrate your account to some of he newest servers and the performance should be better.

So we can see how that goes.

attackfrog

Re: Server Hosting

Post by attackfrog » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Dear Client,

Based on your request:

Domain Name: advancedrobotcombat.com
Your Current Plan: SoHo
Current Payment Cycle: 3 years
Current Operating System: linux

Upgrade to Which Plan: Business
New Payment Cycle: 3 years

Current plan = $53.19
Upgrade = $125.10 (50% LifeTime Discount) - $53.19 = $71.91

Please, advise me if you agree with the calculation above so I could generate an invoice in your account.
Looks like it will be a little more than I thought to upgrade. Let me know if you want to chip in so we can do this!

Alternatively we could switch to a two year or one year cycle, but the price wouldn't be locked in for the future.