Ruination: The Upheaval - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ruination: The Upheaval - Discussion

Post by GF93 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:12 pm

#AnyoneButLaValette
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Re: Ruination: The Upheaval - Discussion

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:11 pm

:v: :V
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Okay so because I never really directly made an announcement about the deadline (thanks Gabe), I'm giving the remaining RPers an extra day to RP (that includes me :V). Sorry guys.

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:16 am

Any chance we can just get the finals written?
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:38 pm

Heavyweight Final is now posted. Rest to be added later.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Holy hell. LW and MW finals added. I'm kind of ashamed how shittily written they are, but I honestly just want them out of the way. Regardless, I did comb the bots pictures and stats (had to use Jack's page a lot for that) the RPs, and the R4 guidelines extensively, so w/e.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:24 pm

I, for one, am pretty happy with them. Thanks for seeing this through!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:29 pm

And there we finally are; after months upon months of retardation, in-fighting, bitching about aspects of the tournament, and various phases of disinterest, Ruination: The Upheaval is finally over with the posting of the SHW Final.

I feel like I owe you guys an apology, so let me ham it up by making it long and winded.

First off, robot combat has really not become fun anymore for me, and I'm sure you've heard me say this ad infinitum in the past, but it must be said here because it's relevant. I've been doing the same thing for 10+ years on ARC, and watched different aspects of the forum change. Some were good, some were bad. Fact is, a lot of shit got in my way these past few years and made it difficult to continue integrating myself into the community. But damn it, I tried. This tournament is evidence of that, because I started it with my interest already on the brink, and that's why it turned out so bad.

And that's why I owe you an apology. This tournament should never have come to be in the first place, because I was already in a hard place. But I wanted to beat the odds and prove I could do it. Well, because of my half-assed ambition, it turned out sub-par. Maybe some aspects weren't my fault directly, but the separate ruleset, the whole spat with Gabe... ugh.

However, there are some things I would like to address. Most notably results. I feel like outlining such a thing is futile at this point in the forum's life, but seriously, if you have a problem with a result, don't fucking vilify the writer. Act like a respectable human being, forum PM (or Discord DM) the writer on Discord and go over it with them. Don't turn into a passive-aggressive pile of shit. Because that seriously pissed me, and a few of the writers, off. You people show know by now that insults are more than generally frowned upon.

Also, the ruleset. Now obviously having it a separate thing was a mistake on my behalf, and again I apologize, but you guys really need to see where I'm coming from with that. I had been growing more and more tired of the current rules, and I wanted something that my series of tournaments could call its own. Me, I'm not good with coming up with rules on my own, just maintaining a forum. :P That's why V900 stepped up. That doesn't mean I didn't check the rules he came up with, or the triangle rule that me and Nick F came up with, and believe me, we tried to fit everything together with help from the current ruleset. Seeing such negative backlash in the R4 Discord before the tournament actually began made me want to stop it right there.

That doesn't mean I don't acknowledge my own shit that happened, but everything in general (and I haven't mentioned IRL yet, but it also got in the way majorly... however it's outside of ARC's scope, so I won't go on about it) pretty much led to the play-off delay. I just didn't want to do it anymore, or ARC anymore. It's turned into something I don't like.

As for everything else, just copy/paste my long winded rant from the Decompression Chamber. No need to repeat that crap again.

So...

Uh...

Ruination 5?

Haha, good joke.

In all seriousness, I can't promise anything. I may do it. I may not. What I can promise, however, is if it does happen, it's going to be significantly smaller. If you guys have any ideas as to how I can pull off an R5 without this shit happening ever again, I'm all ears. I'm 30 now and nowhere near as energetic as I used to be. :V

Oh wait, I won SHW, didn't I?

w00t

*pats Tax Cutter*

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:46 pm

GG! Not how I wanted the match to go of course, but it was a fair fight. Congrats on pushing this to the finish!

I hope you'll stick around and maybe enter some things in a casual way at least!