Blender tutorial that nobody asked for

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon May 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Ooooooh boy.

So, it's come to my attention that I'm the only regular Blender user here, despite it being one of just three (legally) free rendering programs that are useful for ARC bots. It'd be cool to see some more people use it, but it's kind of hard to get started on. And so, an idea came to me: I can make a little tutorial for anyone who wants to learn it.

I've spent the past... I lost track on how long, actually... constructing this tutorial, in which I cover the basics of Blender and walk through a simple wedgebot render. The whole thing's compiled in an imgur album. If there's enough interest, I can make this into an ongoing series in which I cover more and more complex bots and design techniques.

For now, anyone who wants to, enjoy!

If you run into any problems following this, ask me about it and I'll do my best to clarify.
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Tue May 16, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue May 16, 2017 2:33 pm

lol Zombie Killer

In all seriousness this is really well done and seems pretty helpful. I don't plan on switching to blender, tho :P
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:39 pm

It certainly makes it look a lot easier. I'm probably sticking with tinkercad, but Blender is looking like an option in the future
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:47 pm

Blender is several orders of magnitude more complicated than TinkerCAD, but thanks to this guide I'm finally making progress on learning it. Thanks Brad.