Mystery of the Apkallian System - Sign-ups, comments and que

Here's the space for any RPGs that aren't Robot Combat related. Find sign-ups and related information in here!

Moderators: Alexjh, The Monsterworks

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:03 pm

Here we go!

What I Need

Any amount of people can enter, as long as they are active. If they are inactive for as long a time as I see fit during that time without a valid excuse, they will be killed off. :P

People who enter need to fill out two stat sheets. The first is below. About powers, do not make your character too powerful, as I will be adding handicaps and weaknesses to characters that enter, perhaps even to characters that are already given those, and I will come down hard on uber characters.<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Username/Alter-ego:
Real name: (this can be the same as the above, if you so wish)
Race/Species: (self-explanatory)
Description: (give me a short summary of the character and/or a attached picture, if you please)
History: (optional)
Power(s): (not too many please)
[/quote]The second is below. THESE CAN ONLY ADD UP TO A TOTAL OF 40, AND THERE IS A MAXIMUM OF 20 FOR EACH STAT.<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Strength: (physical prowess)
Will: (willpower, mental prowess if applicable)
Stamina: (physical defense, endurance)
Speed: (actual speed, agility, stealth)
Intelligence: (quick-thinking, good reflexes, and ingenuity)
Perception: (ability to easier detect truth/lies, and precognition to a degree)
[/quote]I think that's all for now. Ask questions&#33; Some I can answer, and some I can't (or won't, depending on the question :P).

I reserve the right to reject any character I see fit, if I need to, and I will explain my reasoning for doing so. You may not agree with said reasoning, but it is possible we may come to a compromise. :v: Also, big note here. Josh aka NWOWWE is going to be helping run this. He already knows all the characters, settings, and the plot, and I give him permission to punch you if you try getting said info from him. If he even needs it. :P

All will be revealed later. In the meantime, have the smallest of sneak peeks...

"Welcome, my friends... you are our last hope."
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:01 pm

lol, I remember we had some ambiguity about something last time when you used the exact same stat system xD

I'm totally gonna announce that if the stat system is the same as during The Pulse of Awakening, the Speed stat DOES include actual Speed, and not merely the agility and stealth that are mentioned between the brackets xD

just to be sure, I vividly remember there being confusion about that :P

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:06 pm

:P

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:19 pm

Last edited by TotallyNotSatan on Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:23 pm

Username/Alter-ego: Drew
Real name: (this can be the same as the above, if you so wish) Drew
Race/Species: (self-explanatory) Cyborg.
Description: (give me a short summary of the character and/or a attached picture, if you please) Think moderately handsome man, mid-20s, tall, brown hair and eyes. Irritable and hotheaded.
History: (optional) Lived in a wealthy family. Got burned in a bad accident, so got rebuilt(Six-Million-Dollar-Man-esque.) Does a bit of trade as a private merchant.
Power(s): (not too many please) Enhanced strength and agility(to the point of a strongman's and Olympic runner. Not superhuman.) Has gloves made of nanobots that can form and stretch(to make keys, small blades, etc.) Carries a holstered laser gun(think 1950's era laser pistol.)

Strength: (physical prowess) 8
Will: (willpower, mental prowess if applicable) 4
Stamina: (physical defense, endurance) 7
Speed: (actual speed, agility, stealth) 7
Intelligence: (quick-thinking, good reflexes, and ingenuity) 7
Perception: (ability to easier detect truth/lies, and precognition to a degree) 7

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:27 am

I might maybe soon throw a character into this that maybe might possibly cause some shenanigans to occur. In the meantime, I'm waiting to see some more characters to make sure what I have planned isn't too OP by comparison.
poopity scoop

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:15 am

Username/Alter-ego: ponyman
Real name: (this can be the same as the above, if you so wish) pat
Race/Species: (self-explanatory) pegasus
Description: (give me a short summary of the character and/or a attached picture, if you please)

https://yt3.ggpht.com/-FOwOgNZm0BM/AAAA ... /photo.jpg

History: (optional) a normal random pony with wings was bit by a radioactive human and became ponyman

Power(s): (not too many please) can fly (duh), can breath underwater for 10 days, can survive in space

Strength: (physical prowess) 2
Will: (willpower, mental prowess if applicable) 4
Stamina: (physical defense, endurance) 9
Speed: (actual speed, agility, stealth) 9
Intelligence: (quick-thinking, good reflexes, and ingenuity) 7
Perception: (ability to easier detect truth/lies, and precognition to a degree) 7

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:28 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>Mar 17 2016, 01:27 AM</dd></dl><div>I might maybe soon throw a character into this that maybe might possibly cause some shenanigans to occur. In the meantime, I'm waiting to see some more characters to make sure what I have planned isn't too OP by comparison.[/quote]I'm thinking something similar, lol, although I am not that afraid of making something a bit OP because that's what Kody's handicaps and weaknesses are for.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:51 am

I will do an enter&#33;

Less joke-ey entry here&#33; (hopefully he's at least somewhat balanced :v: )

Last edited by Venice Queen on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Okay, yeah, about that...

I wasn't really clear. This is (supposed to be) a borderline serious RPG. When I say borderline, I do mean that. There will be some funny shit in the game, and I won't turn down some comedic elements in your character, but I don't want full-blown joke characters and farces because I can't work with those. :P And everything I've seen so far, except TNS' entry, has been that, or completely horrible. :P So, um, please don't. I'm asking you nicely.

Oh, and at the same time... even though I've said I want the RPG to be borderline serious, don't be all like "NO COMEDY" either. *cough*MADBULL*cough* Because I swear to god I'll cut you if you do. :v:

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:00 pm

Username/Alter-ego: Benzine
Race/Species: Human
Description: A shade under 6' 0", and fairly well built. Decked out in a leather trench coat, leather boots and a leather hat, all black, concealing very heavily scarred skin and medium-length but patchy auburn hair. Also wears what looks like a half-mask respirator with a set of exhaust pipes on either side, muffling his voice a bit.
History: A former organic compound engineer for a chemical research factory, he ended up in a life support unit after the equipment he was using malfunctioned and exploded, resulting in severe burns to his face, arms, chest and lungs. After some time, and considerable pain, he was provided with the mask to allow him to breathe more easily, and not have to be hooked up to a machine constantly. His former employer, however, fired him almost immediately upon hearing what the insurance costs would be, and he was unable to find another source of income. Currently he wanders from population center to population center looking for either work, quick money, or potential wrongdoing he may right. Although possessing a slightly warped moral compass, one could question his definition of "wrongdoing". There's probably some people out to get him somewhere.

--Powers--
> As the chemicals are still very much present in his system, he can conjure and throw fire with a snap of his calloused fingers.
> The scarring restricts his ability to feel temperature and surface pain, although anything much deeper than the skin, and the pain becomes amplified.
> The mask allows him to breathe in otherwise toxic environments, so air pollution causes him no problems. Theoretically, he could breathe in an environment with no oxygen at all. He has to remove the mask in order to eat and drink, though, and breathing becomes more painful without it.

Strength: 4
Will: 8
Stamina: 4
Speed: 5
Intelligence: 11
Perception: 8
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:45 pm

All these characters that want to do the right thing... ew. Let's introduce some party tension :dawg:

Username/Alter-ego: Smoke

Description:

-Physical: Average height, lean athletic build. Long black hair, normally kept in a ponytail. If you were to walk past her on the street, you might not think twice about her, or you may be inclined to strike up a friendly conversation... unless, of course, she's wearing her glasses (they don't look much like glasses, think similar to Geordi in Star Trek TNG; she uses the term "visor"), in which case it's in your best interest not to talk to her (explanation in powers section). Carries a bag just big enough to store her equipment and some spare batteries.

-Personality: Cold. She refuses to make small talk and prefers when people get straight to the point. Better at making allies (read: scaring people into cooperating with her) than making friends. In general, trusting her is a mistake, as she always has her own intentions at heart. If she decides to work with you on your terms, be leery of her.

There was a quote here but I don't think it was necessary.

History: Nothing ever went right for Casey growing up. Orphaned at the age of 14, she was left to raise her 8-year-old sister on next to no money, doing odd jobs to scrape by day to day and living out of what was essentially a large box. She found a slip of paper taped to her residence one day: a help wanted flyer, advertising a supposed "lab assistant" job with a proper living wage. Wanting only to provide for her now-teenage sister, she ignored the sketchiness of the deal and went to the address on the flyer. The interviewer, a genius doctor/mad scientist type, hired her on the spot. Casey quickly learned that by "lab assistant," the good doctor meant observer for his new line of genetically-manipulated super soldiers, as he was too scared (or smart) to watch them himself. It went about as well as one would expect: the soldiers had severe mental issues and frequently turned on each other and Casey. Eventually the soldiers cooperated enough to break out of the lab and attack the city. Casey fled, taking with her anything she could fit in her bag that looked valuable enough to sell.

The military was able to contain the escaped soldiers fairly quickly, but damage had been done. After the chaos died down a bit, Casey returned home to bring the good news of her newfound valuables to her sister. Instead, she found a bloody mess under the remains of their home; the soldiers had destroyed everything. She fled once more, this time never to return. She lived somewhat nomadically for a while, grieving, wishing she never stepped outside that day and made her world collapse. Once she finally came to her senses, she took a good look at the pilfered devices from the lab for the first time and realized they were a prototype weapon set for the next line of super soldiers. At this point, remembering the fateful day vividly, she decided that if humans were so hell-bent on destroying each other, she would be happy to help. She donned the stolen gear, and thus began her life as Smoke, the criminal mercenary. As Smoke, she began offering her services in virtually any sort of illegal activity, not excluding murder, so long as the price was right. Her end goal: feed the corruption of humanity until it all collapses on itself.

Power(s): Casey is physically fit, limber, and naturally very fast. Despite having no formal combat training, she's not someone the average person would win a fight against, even without her gear, and she isn't afraid to go for cheap shots. All of Casey's super-human powers come from her gear*, which operates in three main parts: visor, armbands, and boots. When her gear is not in use, she stores the visor and armbands in her bag. The boots look normal enough that she can get away with wearing them in public without being too conspicuous.

Visor: Essentially smart glasses on steroids. The on-board computer monitors Casey's vitals, automatically identifies potential threats based on posture and facial analysis, shows the battery levels of her equipment, and even displays the time for her. The inside of the visor tracks her eye movement, allowing her to make use of very simple, often only slightly useful, programs pre-loaded on the system, such as a calculator, simply by moving her eyes about in certain ways. This eye gesturing is also used to activate the rest of her gear.

Armbands: Metal bands that fit around Casey's forearms, with clasps on the bottoms for convenient removal. When activated with the visor, they each project a blade of energy out past her hands, becoming dual energy swords. The exact limits of their applications aren't known to Casey, but she has learned that they are perfect for stabbing through an unprotected target, and that slicing with them is inefficient. They also seem to be effective at blocking incoming melee attacks, although doing so puts strain on the batteries.

Boots: They look like tight-fitting, but otherwise normal boots. When activated with the visor, they become rudimentary hover skates. Casey can't control her direction of travel very well with the boots active, but they allow her to use momentum from running to effortlessly slide fair distances. She often uses this feature to mitigate her poor endurance.

* All parts of the gear require batteries to function. These batteries aren't too hard to find and they seem to last a while, but defective batteries have put Casey in awkward positions in the past, eg. arm blades disappearing mid-fight.

Strength: 5
Will: 8
Stamina: 3
Speed: 10
Intelligence: 8
Perception: 6
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:47 am

Username/Alter-ego: Rustahg

History: An unscrupulous psychologist with affinity for the arcane, Rustahg fits in the long-standing Faustian tradition of those who seek power by bargaining with the devil. She taught herself everything there is to know on the matter, from demonic native tongues, to maps of demonic planes of existence, to, of course, relevant summoning spells. Some weeks ago, when the time was right, and when the place was right, and when the place was right, she performed a complex summoning ritual that was to materialize a grand and mighty demon that would fulfil her deepest desires, grant her unparalleled wealth, infinite wisdom, the most beautiful women (because yes, of course I'm gonna RP as a lesbian). Alas, Rustahg is no Faust, and when the ritual was done, before her stood a childlike, small, unimpressive demon, barely able to reach above her shoulders. He introduced himself as Babadoo, the demon of prank phone calls. Rustahg learned the hard way that summoning a specific demon is harder than she thought it was, and naturally, the self-proclaimed demon of prank phone calls laughed in her face, demons love it when humans fail. However, Rustahg pulled herself together, and reasoned that even a low level demon is still better than nothing, even if he was the most annoying wisecracking prankster she had ever seen. She played the one card she still had up her sleeve, psychology, demon psychology specifically, and before long, she knew his greatest fears, his deepest secrets, all the good things he has done (the worst thing that can happen to a demon is having his good deeds outed...)... Babadoo was under her control. Rustahg and Babadoo effectively became a supervillain and sidekick team, together still seeking out the power she initially wanted to gain with the help of a much greater demon, occasionally operating as antiheroes as so many supervillains seem to do these days. She also kept on studying the demonic, not fully having crossed a bigger demon off her wishlist just yet. As for Babadoo, despite their sometimes successful endeavours, and enjoying the smalltalk and the pranks he pulls on Rustahg, or whoever else is available, deep inside he craves for his freedom, and his master's blood.

Description: Image (Found that in a D&D book, totally going with it, which means I totally have a little mace too now)

Power(s): -Has Babadoo, a very minor demon, under her control at all times. Think human strength, mild superhuman agility, mild superhuman speed, razor sharp claws and teeth, low level stealth (higher in shadows), mildly acidic skin and minor hellfire powers.

- Supreme knowledge on psychology and demons, leading expert on the combination of the two, allowing her to effectively enslave full demons by applying the right psychology on
them.

- She has studied summoning specific demons. She carries a book about this very delicate topic with her at all times. She is just not great at it, as her one attempt has shown. The mightier the demon, the more complex and prolonged the ritual. Also, the demons she summons now will probably vanish before long, as the art of permanently summoning demons, like she has done with Babadoo, requires specific mythical locations, and Rustahg isn't quite sure if she can find those in this strange world where she is now.

Strength: (physical prowess) 4
Will: (willpower, mental prowess if applicable) 9
Stamina: (physical defense, endurance) 4
Speed: (actual speed, agility, stealth) 5
Intelligence: (quick-thinking, good reflexes, and ingenuity) 8
Perception: (ability to easier detect truth/lies, and precognition to a degree) 10
Last edited by MadBull on Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:56 am

Those latest three look great. :)

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Watch as i make a character that utterly fails

Username/Alter-ego: Electro
Description: Fairly short kid, got short black hair, has a black shirt with a big Lightning Bolt on it, has blue jeans and lime shoes
History: When he was 9, he was unlucky to be struck by lighting, but somehow, not only did he survived, but his body actually stored up the electrical energy, shocked and fascinated by this, some scientists took the child and tried to see if they could make it so it could learn to use and control that electrical energy, after some implants into his body, they managed to make him able to channel the electricity into different parts of his body, he could even shoot small arcs of electricity, then, the army came up, a country mostly made of terrorists and anarchists were on verge of creating a war, the army wanted to use the kid as a super soldier, but terrorized by the horrors of war, the kid ran away as far as he could, he's now 11, and he's roaming earth, helping whoever he comes across and is needing help, and also trying to be a normal kid again.
Power(s): Electricity control