RCT2 problem- "unable to initialize graphics system&quo

Talk about the lastest in Nintendo, X-box and, if you can afford it, Playstation. Don't forget about PCs and handhelds, but if you go old-ass Atari on us, we'll cut you off at the knees.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:38 am

So lately, I've tried to reinstall Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 onto my computer. Had a big problem with it as of late- I can install it fine, but I can't actually play it. The message "unable to initialize graphics system" or some shit like that flashes up as it begins to load, and then it just turns off. If I could receive some help with solving this issue, that'd be greatly appreciated.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:21 am

Possibly the problem is you aren't playing RTC3 instead. :P

Actually I'm not really sure. If I were to make a guess based on my experiences trying to play some older computer games, it may be it simply can't recognize a much more advanced graphics system. Sometimes you have to run it in an older Windows version compatibility mode. Not sure if that'll help you or is relevant to your issue since I'm far from an expert in such things, but I figure it's worth a shot if you hadn't tried that already.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:32 pm

I have that as well, doesn't work either. :/

Both work fine on my Laptop though, for whatever reason. I've tried Compatability Mode, downloading the required patches, and it still doesn't do a thing.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."