Hey it's Archangel. I'm using mod powers to edit this directly because I dont want to have to make a new post. Look at me. I am de captain now.
Basically, though this event is open to anybody, spots are limited to 10 and preference will be given to previous champions (champs), runners up, completely new designs, and then existing designs, in that order.
1. CC League will have an entry draw of ten bots. One weight class only: Featherweight (30 lbs). Unless I get some help like with FF League (thanks, Sio), I'm doing all of the writing myself so, no, it's not going to expand. I don't wanna manage a large event.
2. Double Elimination format
3. We'll be using the Dirty Dozen rules because I wanna see if the meta has actually chilled or not. There are opportunities in that set but also pitfalls. Let's see how well you can resist them.
4. The usual stuff about deadlines (Saturday midnights EST), RP word limits (400), and reading or referencing your opponent's strategy post (don't do it!). As for FFs and stuff, shit's due by midnight (actually 11:59 PM EST), on FRIDAY. I want extra writing time.
5. The entry deadline is... let's say 1:00 PM EST, Saturday May 19 and your entry is only considered complete once your bot and stats are in. No reserving. If we have too many entries, priority will be given in order of champs > runners-up > new designs > existing designs. Priority tiebreaks will be order of signup.
6. Fuck rotating arenas Razor's Edge always.
Usual Scoring system
- Damage: 5 points - how much damage is dealt to the opposing bot as a direct and intentional result of your actions.
- Aggression: 5 points - the extent to which you are taking an active role in the match and initiating attacks. This does not necessarily mean rabid aggression for its own sake. Effectiveness matters.
- Control: 5 points - the degree to which you dictate the flow of the match and are able to impose your gameplan on your opponent.
Additionally, this event will score matches by victor and by 'set'. The victor will receive two points in the overall standings for their victory and each bot will receive one point in the event of a tie. However, both bots (regardless of win, tie, or loss) will also score a point for each 'set' won. Basically, each 'set' represents one judging criterion (damage, aggression, control). A category won gives you one extra point. A category tied gives you 0.5 extra points. In the event of a knockout, all sets will be considered to have been won by the victor.
- Win: 2 points
- Tie: 1 point
- Loss: 0 points
- Set Win: 1 point
- Set Tie: 0.5 points
- Set Loss: 0 points
- Apierogon 2 // YSMQTHLQYH (champ)
- Diablo Victus // Wolf51-50 (champ)
- Ori // HFL (champ)
- Death Metal // Shaba (champ)
- Chemical Reaction // TBR (champ)
- Zinc Pest // Rocket (runner up)
- Split Personality // Tri (runner up)
- Long John // Turtleback (not a champ)
- Benjuro // Colon_The (not a champ)
- Deadshot // pat (not a champ)
- 2A (Illegal weapon type)
At this point, the bracket doesn't exist yet. You can find FF League's as a sample here on Challonge. One will be made for CC League once entries come in and, it'll be updated as the tournament progresses.