ROBOT4 Prediction Thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

ROBOT4 Prediction Thread

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun May 31, 2020 2:41 am

FRIST
The rankings in are split into a few tiers, the order of the bots listed in any given tier doesn't matter.
Also this is made without taking into account the bracket because i can't be bothered to.

Featherweight
Lots of bricks and low power horizontals.
Top Tier - Likely to win the entire thing
OBEY - Good as a brick and will beat pretty much any spinner here and is also very good against the other bricks. Gabe is pretty good at driving this kind of bot too.
Black Salvo - Solid brick, outdrives the rest of the bricks.
Killjoy - Gets rekt by 3-4 high power spinners cuz 5 chasis armor lol. Everything else is kinda doomed tho.
Machina Non Grata - Pretty good flipper that can win lots of control matches, also has a 14 armor fuck off plow.
Good Stuff - Solid matches and probably make it to the double elimination rounds
Cyan Printer Ink - Kind of a stretch putting me up here, i can probably cheese several of the fights i would lose normally with these stats.
Cobra King - Fast clamp with good armor.
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto - Brick.
Bone Hurting Juice - Mandatory good deathspinner plus a good driver.
Average - Will get a few wins before running into a hard counter or something
Double Rainbow - Repeated hits won't be even near enough for this thing, annihilates every spinner by just being the last one standing.
Darwinian Predator Gen II - Beats most spinners but everything else is questionable.
Deposit This In Your Bank Of Choice - Will destroy everything until it runs into anything with armor.
Dystopian Avenger - 6 Torque is interesting, but can't do much with it. Good armor tho.
The Green Hornet - This is the bot that will benefit from repeated hits.
Not sure about it chief - Has at least a big flaw or is just bad for the field
fork the wind - Actually not that bad and surprisingly good for the field considering that it's one of the first bot signed up, vaporizes the instant it fights a spinner.
MADE IN HEAVEN - Read above.
Powershaft - Too slow to do anything useful, the armor is strong but several spinners will bend those forks at some point and snatch a 8-7 decision
Firewave - Kinda underpowered and the driver is sure he will FF
no
Flameout - You might think for a moment that the front armor is enough to tank most spinners but then you realize this isn't any faster than those spinners. All the weapon does is look cool.
BEDLAM YARD! - You sure this isn't your sportsman, and even then... lol

Featherweight Sportsman
Mandatory wacky shit weightclass, surprised that no one made a deathhammer to one shot everyone.
2A - I gonna just drop this thing here.
Duck Stab! - Pretty much everyone has an awkward fight against this thing.
CRAZY DIAMOND - Dark horse, this is going for a cheesy strat. Was posted with a lot of anticipation but no one decided to prepare for this fight.
Ori - This thing made it to the end of CBC4 for a reason, also good matches.
Good Stuff - Solid matches and probably make it to the double elimination rounds
Multiply and Surrender - Image
Stealth Cobra - Probably the best flipper here.
Lil' Yeetums - Powerful flipper, out controls control bots.
!!BITEME!! - Dumb enough to work, pretty sure it has the most points invested into weapon here.
SILCROW - The fast annoying bot that was bound to happen.
crouton.net - Interesting bot, relies a bit too much in a drive advantage it doesn't really have.
Lift Device - Fast and stuff, but doesn't really stand out in this division.
XO - Solid flipper.
ACME Chomper Bot - Read Lift Device.
Storm Worm - Your sure that those stats are for a sportsman? also -2 traction here with the new rules is pretty bad.
Heaven Jaws - Decent but also has -2 traction and the driver will probably FF according to him.
King Dedede - Oh hey someone actually made a proper hammer.
> Weapon: 8
Nevermind
no
Fuck, I Seem to Have Entered the Wrong Division - 7/6/2 is not a strong divetrain here. Also you do realize that with omniwheels your horizontal spinner will throw you away far more than your opponent, right?
Split Personality - Even with repeated hits 5 weapon won't do any damage. You could kill the ones that decided to not try to have armor if you had a way to hold them in place while you hit.

Lightweight
The most normal field here, a lot of vertical spinners tho.
ViberateR - Has two big weapons and the alt config is unbeatable for any damaging bot.
Hallucinogen - Has a good answer for everything.
Black Lagoon II - I think this is one of the better verts, i think because this is pretty wacky.
Apeirogon II - Not sure about having this here but i think i deal well with the other verts....
Shock Therapy - Good vertical spinner
Do Not Touch! - Actually this thing outguns everything but ViberateR. Would put in top Tier if there where a few less bricks.
TRILOBITE 2! - Really good brick, would be higher if there weren't that many verts. Also where the fuck are your drive motors.
MORE PUZZLES - Scary weapon and has the armor to survive the few hits it will take before actually hitting something with the surprisingly decent drivetrain.
Rooster Teeth - Will lose to the bricks but beats the verticals so idk.
This Side Down - Would be higher if there were less vertical spinners.
Avanti! - Read above
!#%$? - Same as Rooster Teeth but a bit less optimal stats.
Invertical - Decent vert i guess.
Cross Check - Same as TSD and Avanti!
Skully - Excusemewhat?
SPECTRALS - If this draws anything with a weapon it will be hard to survive 3 minutes without getting hit. Even if you have two, if you lose one you probably will lose the JD cuz 5-0 damage.
Dardanera - Weird vertical spinner, could work i guess.
splattual - A 5-powered control spinner but it isn't fast enough to actually use it.
no
Actually, nevermind.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

patrickrowberry

Re: ROBOT4 Prediction Thread

Post by patrickrowberry » Sun May 31, 2020 1:08 pm

Featherweight
1.Cobra King
2.Machina Non Grata
3.Dystopian Avenger
4.OBEY
5.I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto
6.Black Salvo
7.Flameout
8.Bone Hurting Juice
9.The Green Hornet
10.Firewave
11.fork the wind
12.Killjoy
13.Deposit This In Your Bank Of Choice
14.Double Rainbow
15.Powershaft
16.Cyan Printer Ink
17.Darwinian Predator Gen II
18.BEDLAM YARD!
19.MADE IN HEAVEN

Sportsman
1.Duck Stab!
2.Storm Worm
3.CRAZY DIAMOND
4.!!BITEME!!
5.Lil' Yeetums
6.Stealth Cobra
7.King Dedede
8.Split Personality
9.Ori
10.XO
11.2A
12.ACME Chomper Bot
13.Heaven Jaws
14.Lift Device
15.Multiply and Surrender
16.SILCROW
17.crouton.net
18.Fuck, I Seem to Have Entered the Wrong Division

Lightweight
1.MORE PUZZLES
2.This Side Down
3.TRILOBITE 2!
4.Black Lagoon II
5.Hallucinogen
6.Shock Therapy
7.Avanti!
8.ViberateR
9.Apeirogon II
10.Cross Check
11.Do Not Touch!
12.Skully
13.Invertical
14.Dardanera
15.splattual
16.Rooster Teeth
17.!#%$?
18.SPECTRALS

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:43 pm

"What the fuck kinda name is Robot 4 anyway" edition :dirk:

(bring back the :dirk: emote plz)

== YOOOOOOO ==
Bots that will easily make semis and have a good chance of winning the entire thing.

FW
* Black Salvo - This got robbed in CBC4.
* Cobra King - OBEY but with a better wedge.
* MADE IN HEAVEN - damn son you really like these all-speed no-armor wedges huh?
* Dystopian Avenger - haha wedge go poosh
* Bone Hurting Juice - Should've entered this in LW where all the skeletonbots are.
* The Green Hornet - If it's able to beat a 13 armor plow, then it deserves to be here. If not, then bump it down a tier.

LW
* Skully - I'm really glad I changed the stats right before the deadline.
* splattual - Unironically has great matchups against all the bricks and -2 tra:spd verts here. Go get em, boy.
* MORE PUZZLES - If people buy the gyro drive, then it can kill opponents in something like 4-8 hits. But if not, this goes alllllll the way down to bottom tier.
* TRILOBITE 2! - Severely outpaces both spinners and other wedges alike. Not too sure if that armor bonus'd "front wedge and pointy bits" fit below 33%.

FWS
* 2A - Dies instantly if an opponent touches it. Can make the opponent die well before that happens.
* Split Personality - Has enough drive and attack speed to proc repeated hits. This thing's matches are basically gonna be 2 minutes of damageless scratching and then whoops you died.
* Duck Stab! - Up against this R1, I hate it here.
* XO - This guy really snuck a regular wedged flipper into sportsman.
* Ori - See above. And since this is HFL you know he'll be packing some heat with the RPs.
* ACME Chomper Bot - Loses to M&S, but should be able to make short work of the flippers and low-power spinners here.
* SILCROW - 10 speed lets GET IT

== it's alright ==
Bots that will likely make quarters but won't get past semis.

FW
* OBEY - A gabewedge with armor? That's unusual. Narrow wedge and repeated hits makes be a bit unsure, though.
* Cyan Printer Ink - I thought this was a hammersaw type of thing and was like "oh yeah that's a cool idea" only to find out that it only tilts around the center. Probably won't have a lot of utility outside of cheesy Monstertruck tactics.
* Double Rainbow - This entirely depends on how big "the same area" is considered to be for repeated hits, but I'm pretty sure it's at least like 1/6th-1/3rd of your usual plow.
* Shock Therapy - Like Apeirogon, it's still not following up on it's hits. This one also doesn't need to, though. Main problem here is gonna be it's subpar HS matchup.
* I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto - look mom he entered it again
* Killjoy - Oh man I do not like that "7 (+2 front)" armor stat. This curbstomps weaponless bricks and loses to the first spinner it sees.
* Machina Non Grata - 2 torque will end up hurting in the long run, but you can play around it.

LW
* Black Lagoon II - Arms are probably too narrow + drive too slow to do the Mudcrab thing, and not armored enough to fend off spinners.
* Apeirogon II - 12 power disc pops opponents the same distance as a 6 power flipper, and I don't think this has the speed/torque to really follow up.
* ViberateR - That high armor config might not last the entire match thanks to 7 chassis armor, but the other config should be able to pick up the slack.
* Dardanera - No idea why you decided to offset the teeth like that, but I guess it'll do fine enough with perfect traction.
* This Side Down - Take the SMEE pill.
* Avanti! - Average brick, nothing out of the ordinary. Performance will reflect that.
* Invertical - Not being able to attach a wedge in the default config seems really limiting.
* Hallucinogen - mmmm I'm not so sure on this one. Unidirectional horizontals never really vibe with me.
* Do Not Touch! - Slightly less optimized version of Bone Hurting Juice, but that doesn't mean much given how high I ranked BHJ.
* Cross Check - This is basically the same as MNG.

FWS
* Multiply and Surrender - nice 3 power """hammer""". Should have a good matchup against most of the field, but the tracks will 100% fall off at some point.
* Lift Device - Having that many wedges is probably against sportsman but w/e sportsman wedge rules are pretty arbitrary anyway.
* Lil' Yeetums - Tongue of the Sportsman. I'm still not really convinced that it doesn't overbalance. nclude that in your RP.
* !!BITEME!! - Pretty much instantly ends the match if it gets a hold of the opponent. 5 speed and perfect traction might(?) be able to do the trick.
* CRAZY DIAMOND - 11 power / 6 * 1.5 = one hit per 2.75 seconds. Meaning it doesn't actually rapidly hit the opponent like it's namesake punch ghost does. I've been lied to.
* Heaven Jaws - Width should help counteract bad traction a little, but don't get your hopes up.

== NOOOOOOO ==
These are probably getting shuttered round 1. Single elimation btw very cool

FW
* Darwinian Predator Gen II - Clamp loses pushing matches against anything with ground clearence/2WD, anti-HS plow is too small to actually protect anything.
* Deposit This In Your Bank Of Choice - 3/1/1/16/9 is old news. Next.
* Flameout - Should've gone yolomode and given this 1-3 armor.
* fork the wind - 2 tra:spd disparity right when the rule nerfing that exact thing comes into effect.
* Powershaft - 12 armor everywhere is redundant when your entire bot is full of corners.
* BEDLAM YARD! - Good ol Black Dog-esque statline. Loses the DPS race against other spinners immediately though, and I feel like the angled spinner won't do it much favors against wedges (even with the perfect traction).
* Firewave - Why would you put a 1 power srimech on?

LW
* !#%$? - This is a shame, because the paintjob looks really nice. When are shells getting +3 WAB?
* SPECTRALS - Slides under the opponent a lot. Can't push. Just copy Avanti's wedge design.
* Rooster Teeth - Those teeth are gonna be flimsy and not get a ton of bite. This is a small arena, so it has room to climb up the ladder if it can get some bouncing pinball action going, but I'm not sure.

FWS
* crouton.net - This probably either faceplants or isn't able to get under anything with it's spinner.
* Stealth Cobra - Armorstacking in sportsman 4head
* Fuck, I Seem to Have Entered the Wrong Division - "That's right, a kiwi shell in sportsman" when it's akshually an overhead
* Storm Worm - Armorstacking in sportsman 4head (also -2 traction is extra bad here with everyone running around at 8+ speed)
* King Dedede - Drivetrain isn't convincing me that 8 weapon was worth it. You guys know only spinners were limited to 8 power, right?

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Sun May 31, 2020 4:53 pm

tierlist thing let's goooooo
Very explicitly not ranking my own bots because bias

Champ Material

Feathers

OBEY: Brick but a bit faster than a normal brick
Black Salvo: Badnik robbed himself last time
Cobra King: Make it a proper crusher, you coward
I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto: Ethan you need to stop entering this in everything completely unchanged for the love of god
Bone Hurting Juice: Best spinner
Machina Non Grata: solid flipper, bricks stuff
The Green Hornet: Second best spinner

Lightweights

ViberateR: Arbitrarily put here because it's probably better than the other spinners in the division
Avanti: Never mind Ethan still knows how to make other robots
Trilobite 2: Best speedwedge in the class, imo

Sportsman

Lil Yeetums: Consistent enough, and has enough power to mess up controlbots
XO: Yeetums but in a different flavour
Ori: It's Ori. Nuff said

Could Do Well...

Feathers

Cyan Printer Ink: ...if the jank doesn't hamper its abilities to be a competent spinner too much

Lightweights

Black Lagoon II: ...if the jank doesn't hamper its abilities to be a competent spinner too much (sounds familiar)
Splattual: ...if people can take a Patbot seriously
MORE PUZZLES: ...if people decide to take gyrobots seriously
Do Not Touch: ...If it doesn't have to face off against big bricks or ViberateR early

Sportsman

Multiply And Surrender: ...but Maxi forgot repeated hits don't apply below 5 weapon. Bam Plate will prob help though.
2A: ...if people decide to take cannons seriously and decide this thing doesn't recoil itself out of existence. Also joke.
Silcrow: ...if people decide spinners are ok at low power in Sportsman. Also it needs to dodge high weapon stuff.

Meh

Feathers

Double Rainbow
Darwinian Predator Gen II
Killjoy
Made In Heaven
Dystopian Avenger

Lightweights

Apeirogon II
Skully
Shock Therapy
Dardanera
Invertical
!#%$?
Spectrals
Hallucinogen
Cross Check

Sportsman

Lift Device
Duck Stab
Bite Me
Crazy Diamond
Storm Worm
ACME Chomper Bot
Heaven Jaws

Oh God Oh Fuck This Is Single Elimination

Feathers

Flameout: lol
Fork The Wind: Pat dropped his stats in the tumble dryer again
Bedlam Yard: Too gimmicky to work, honestly.
Firewave: Spinner's too weak for that sorta design to pay off. Also useless srimech is useless.

Lightweights

Rooster Teeth: I still don't trust that tooth design to do anything helpful.

Sportsman

crouton.net: Hmm, today I will attempt to drive forwards (clueless)
Stealth Cobra: Looks cool but that's about it
Fuck, I Seem to Have Entered the Wrong Division: It's like it's perfectly optimised to suck
King Dedede: Not really a death hammer is it, mate?
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)