Hall of Steel and Flame by Floating Castle Robotics on Sketchfab
Name: Hall of Steel and Flame (ఉక్కు మరియు జ్వాల హాల్)
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Size: 60 foot diameter - 2827 square feet
Intended Use: MW -SHW Singles and Doubles
Theme: Flame, gold, and steel in an ornate Mughal-era setting
Floor Materials: steel
OOTA Zone?: NO
House Robots: This arena does not use house robots.
Hazards and Features:
- The Tandoor - At the center of a ten foot diameter circular depression lies the fire pit to end all fire pits. Depressed six inches below the rest of the arena floor, The Tandoor is named after a traditional type of circular stone oven popular on the Indian subcontinent. And an absolute oven it is. Whenever a bot comes in contact with the pressure-sensitive tungsten grate over top of it, brilliant spears of flame with a temperature in excess of 500°C (That's nearly 1000°F) will leap from its depths, dealing moderate to heavy damage over the course of ten seconds. Once the timer is up, the entire assembly will pop up, launching bots trapped on it a height equivalent to that of a 3 power flipper.
- Spears of Agony Agni - Ringing the entire arena at a height of a foot and a half are these colossal steel spikes. Ramming your enemy into them will increase ramming damage dealt by one point.
Achievement One: Phall Guy - KO your opponent using The Tandoor.
Achievement Two: Prick-ki Tikki Tavi - Win by impaling your opponent on a Spear of Agni.
- Six entrants will be selected for this match. The participating robots must all be CBC4 participants, and cannot feature extra modifications from your signup post. Bots are arbitraryweight, so you can enter any of your machines, regardless of weight class. You must declare a config choice upon sign-up, and cannot switch configs in between rounds.
- Teams will start the fight distributed with even spacing, starting from the green flames and moving clockwise in the order they appear in the fight thread.
- Fights have an extended time limit of ten minutes, but will end prematurely when one machine is KO'd. A judge's decision may also be employed in the event of a double KO.
- Repair System: Damage will carry over in between rounds in this event. After each round, a tally of the surviving machines' damaged parts will be listed, including what number of damage was dealt to them. Roboteers will be able to choose one of these listed parts to repair fully in between rounds. In future rounds, damaged parts will begin the fight as damaged as they were in the previous match.
If you're interested, sign up in this thread, and await the first round's RP thread, which will commence alongside next week's fight card. If rules are tweaked (this is a rather new event style to ARC, there may be issues found whilst these signups are live), you will be allowed to resubmit your entry, if you so wish. If there's enough interest, we may run more than one annihilator, so don't be shy if we're already at six entrants.