Not the Football League results mostly

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Not the Football League results mostly

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:24 pm

This is the threads where all the fight cards and results will be posted.

Also some general information.
You can always check the Challonge bracket here
And also have a link to the signups post because you will probably need it.
Remember to RP by midnight (eastern time) on each Saturday like always.

The arena is the Battlebox, the same from REDDIT. You all should be familiar with it.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH

Re: Not the Football League results mostly

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:31 pm

Round 1 fight cards

Banana HYPERDRIVE vs Mr John:

On one side of the field, we have flatboi. On the other side of the field, we have BANANA.

Ya know, if all your wedges can be pressed, that means they gotta be attached rigidly to the same hinge, otherwise you’d need… 6 separate motors and 6 separate points. That kinda ruins the whole point of having hinged wedges, as is seen when Banana angles in under the front wedgelets and lifts up the whole assembly. Whee wall slam. BH pushes the advantage for a bit against its opponent, which is about as long and unweidly as a 9/8/5 bot can be.

Now it’s BH’s turn to get fucked by poor assumptions! If your wedglets are static and you’re 2WD, your wedge is not gonna be ground scraping unless you have literally no ground clearance and can’t move. That means that when Mr john manages to force a head-on, it gets under cleanly. BH gets slammed and flipped into a wall, but not OOTAed because your weapon has 1 power and is a FW in a HW arena. John pushes the advantage for a bit since BH’s a bit sluggish on the upstart, but eventually Ethan forces neutral again.

As the match continues, Banana Hyperdrive gets 3 more good wedge things, Mr. John two – almost OOTAing BH the second time – he teetered on the edge for a good 10 seconds. There’s not a lot of neutral in the match, since neither bot is good at protecting against getting under. It’s mostly just a matter of whether or not Code can force the head-to-head or not.

Aggression: 8-7 mr john
Damage: 8-7 Mr john
Control 8-7 Banana Hyperdrive

Your winner, in a breakneck 23-22 decision, is Mr John!
Massive Disc vs Taskmaster V4:

Not only did Hide actually straight up steal hellhound, he also doesn’t know how to edit posts. I also honestly don’t know what rulesets do what these days so I’m assuming the 2wd wedge advantage is still a thing. Fuck if imma look. That being said lmao hinged wedges on a 2wd bot and assuming you have the advantage. MD does definitely get under a few times since Hide is content to just slam into him repeatedly and hope for the best, but getting under for MD doesn’t exactly… do anything since the shape of his wedges prevent him from actually flipping anything with the flipper disc - and it doesn’t help that hellhound Taskmaster has enough torque and speed to do… pretty much whatever he wants even when he is wedged.

As we get to the midpoint of the match, entertaining things are starting to occur. Namely, MD loses a wedge that has been getting looser and looser for a while now, while one of taskmaster’s wheels decides its planet needs it and rolls off. Turns out that ramming damage goes both ways :V . neither bot is particularly affected by this – it’s not like MD was actually doing anything notable when it got under anyway, and the 4WD wedgebot works fine without its back left wheel. Things therefore continue more or less as they had, as bot bots continue to lose bits and pieces as the match goes on. Eventually MD’s weapon chain falls off, which prevents it from recovering from the next flip it eats.

Your winner, by KO in 2:34, is Taskmaster V4!

Wallop vs Thunder Carnival:

The fight starts with the two Brits approaching carefully and planing their moves, Thunder Carnival with the claws wide open and Wallop with the spinner going. Soon enough they get into range and Wallop just rushes in, Thunder Carnival closes its claws but is nowhere near fast enough to stop the vert before it reaches its chasis and lands the first hit of the fight that flips his opponent rather spectacularly. Also he slammed his arm thing down, but it was way to slow to even hope to do something here.

TBR is quick to rush to land a hit on the now exposed, squishier, back of his opponent, landing another hit that upgrades the "no damage done" to "almost no damage done". Now TBR is back at it again and chains a few more hits on Thunder Carnival before it escapes and we start over again.

Carefully both bots approach each other, Wallop now with the arm in more of a vertical position instead of all the way back and TC with the claws slightly less open. Wallop rushes in again and right before the hit happens he swings the arm down again, this time when the hit happens TC gets stopped from flying away by the arm, letting Wallop clamp down on the crusher. This is great, TBR has his opponent in full control at a weird angle on top of his bot and can do whatever he wants with it, what a shame the it still has that fully functional crusher that now can reach past the disc and whoops, the thing connecting the spinner with it's motor is now gone.

This changes the dynamic of the fight completely as Wallop now has to rely on control tactics and now we get a more boring wedge fight yay.

This boils down to "no Tri, there is no way that i can see of those crushing arms to ever work in any way as wedge with the ability to get under anything", this causes Wallop to get under and causes the crusher to be unable to damage it's opponent chasis because the arms slide off of Wallop's angled side panels, sometimes he at least gets to tear a hole in the non-functioning spinner. Meanwhile Wallop not only has the ability to get under consistently, but he also has a clamp weapon. This doesn't really help because even when under it gets out pushed by the slower Thunder Carnival in a even more consistent manner.

We get a bunch of this boring stalemate of a fight, with a few hazard interactions at least, for the rest of the fight until it's over and we need to call the judges.

Aggression: 9-6 Wallop
Damage: 11-4 Thunder Carnival
Control 9-6 Thunder Carnival

Your winner, by a 26-19 decision, is Thunder Carnival!
Giant Enemy Spider vs Midnight Madness:

At the start of the fight Giant Enemy Spider does everything it can in terms of movement (nothing) while Midnight Madness rushes in, a few seconds later it gets close to it's enemy and stops. Enter a bait maneuver that works at making the walker to fire it's hammers.

And then both robots do nothing for the next seconds until V900 decides he can do nothing but retract the hammers and so he does. This is the opportunity Gabe was waiting for as he rushes in and clamps down right at the hammer mount before lifting as high as he can, just barely enough to Giant Enemy Spider on top of the nearby screws. The hazard starts to pull the spider up and Gabe decides to let go and back off just in time, as Noah finally got his bot to fire the hammers again. This causes them to hit the floor and send the walker flying towards the wall and it lands perfectly vertical behind the screws, Noah tries to move and fire the hammers but does not manage to get his bot out of that position.

Your winner, by KO in 0:29, is Midnight Madness!(FF)
RPs are due by Saturday 14th at midnight eastern time.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
Dirty Dozen -
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
ROBOT3 -

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3

YSMQTHLQYH

Re: Not the Football League results mostly

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:46 pm

After some delays we finally got the actual semis fight cards, take it as a new year's celebration is you will.
This is despite the fact that all the results from last round has been up for a while now, along with the Challonge bracket that also says who fights who.
Semifinals fight cards

Mr John vs Taskmaster V4:

Thunder Carnival vs Midnight Madness:

RPs are due by Saturday 4th at midnight eastern time.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
Dirty Dozen -
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -

CBC4 -

Thunder Underground -

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
ROBOT3 -

CBC3 -

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3