ROBOT 2 RANKERDANKS

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

ROBOT 2 RANKERDANKS

Post by V900 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:22 pm

"What the fuck kinda name is Robot 2 anyway" edition :dirk:

<big>== OLYMPUS BASED GOD SWAG SWAG SWAG == </big>
Bots that will easily make playoffs and have a good chance of winning the entire thing.

FW
* Hat Garage - Yep, this one's probably gonna win. Faster than the horde of speed wedges, only a handful of spinners to take advantage of it's middling 11 armor.
* RipTide - Black Dog, except it's blue and not black at all. Talk about whitewashing smh.
* Vorpal Bunny - I'm seeing a lot of 10/11 armored wedges here. Hmmmm...

LW
* Krakatoa - Assuming Madman just dumps the same stats into Robot Two[tm] that he's used for other tournies, it should be a pretty easy road to 1st or 2nd place.
* Terpsichora - Normally this would be a tier or two lower by virtue of being a wedged VS with lots of weapon, but there's a surprising lack of faster 2WD/pressing wedges in the field.

MW
* Blue Max - Rooster Teeth-level of instability means it's gonna be hard for bricks to pin this down.
* Dredd - If any of my bots make finals, it's gonna be this one. Calling it now.
* Neurotoxin - It has a lot of wacky options it can go to in order to avoid falling into the void of predictable brick strats.

HW
* Lambastor - Actually a very decent design that could go deep. This is assuming TBR uses the 5 power axe as a means to control/clamp the opponent and not to damage.
* Neuromancer - Clickety clack down the track it's lots and lots of setups. Yep, that's my constructive feedback. Please clap.
* Grapes of Wrath - I forget if this did any good in REDDIT but I'm betting on it sniping the tops of a few robots.
* Coronal Mass Ejection - Pretty standard "fast flipper" design. It definitely works, though.

<big>== EASY MONEY EASY LIFE == </big>
Bots that will likely make playoffs but probably won't get past semis.

FW
* Apocalyptic Peacekeeper - Has a very real chance of getting to finals, just has to avoid getting Vorpal'd. Unfortunately for it, Vorpal's a bot I see getting into semis very easily.
* Buzzcut - nice wedge
* Vicious - This could either be one tier above or below if the writer decides to make flails not work.

LW
* Backstab 3 - NANI?&#33; H-HE'S FAST&#33;&#33; Will struggle to get the weapon into play.
* BURGER PRINCESS - I'm gonna go like 4-0 or 3-1 or whatever then draw Lilian in the playoffs.
* Lilian - Lots of plowstacker + HS to eat, but hinged wedge holds it back. I'm also not sure if it can beat some of the melties.
* Flash Flood Mk2 - Hey. Nice wedgelets you've got there. Sure would be a shame if an HS... hit them for corner damage, huh?

MW
* Dragonfist - I like this. It's 1 point over 30, but it might be able to actually knock out some of the bricks ranked above it.
* Gigaflare - See: Bluebot except this one has a lot better of a wedge. Expect it to have a surprisingly decent run similar to Petunia in Battlebots.
* Hati - WATCH OUT EVERYONE THE DOORSTOP OF DOOM IS HERE
* S P E E D - Actually has 8 traction and not 9. Still good enough for an easy playoffs run, though. Will get killed by Blue Max and possibly even Outrage 2.
* Vortex 2 - Neglected Waterbug 2 baybeeee

HW
* Carbon Z - Those are some hella long forks.
* Hellhound V - Will flip Magnolia Grande over like a pancake. I'd also like to note that the wedgelet setup for this thing is buried all the way at the bottom of the imgur album and only a passing mention of it is made in the post itself. Therefore I am lowering it a rank completely out of spite. :v:
* Magnolia Grande - Can't wait for this to get flipped over like a pancake.
* Tongue of the Fatman - I can probably score OOTAs from center-stage within 1-2 flips. Problem is actually getting under the opponent.

<big>== THE RAT RACE == </big>
Bots that may or may not get into playoffs.

FW
* Bruxish - 7 speed, 3 traction. Ouch&#33; Driving at the 75% minimum throttle makes it a bit more bearable at 5spd/3tra, saving it from being in the bottom tier.
* Epic Waluigi - Depends if this thing's written as lopping off wheels on 11/12 armor bots or not. I think 2 or 3 corner damage should do the trick, but we'll see.
* Salamandra - The 9 powered saw isn't going to really cut into much, effectively meaning it's wasted points. Would be a lot higher if it had a 5 power clamp variant.
* Runaway Rabbit - Probably struggles to get under bots with wedgelets.
* The Beast From The West - 13 weapon might struggle against some of the bots without armor bonuses.

LW
* Bluebot - Will probably have to rely more on dealing whatever damage it can and transferring that to JD wins. OOTAs aren't out of the question either.
* Icebreaker - Could see this getting a KO or two. If it doesn't, though, it'll have a hard time getting the same JD victories that Bluebot will get.
* ramshock - 8 armor makes this food for the hammer<del>s</del> and spinner.
* Splashdown - Won't actually be able to get under anything when not meltying, because 14 speed 4 traction lol. Even the "I don't have to drive at full speed" clause puts him at 10.5 -> 11 speed at minimum.
* Twin Typhoons - Could pull off some "upsets" by striking the backs of plowstackers. Or it could get pushed for 3 minutes instead, lol.

MW
* Axtinguisher - Really strong weapon, but probably will get bulldozed by bricks.
* Black Dog II - This would be a lot higher had it not been for the fact that Gabe's yoinking it's weapon armor bonus away.
* Flame Grilled - Literally just Axtinguisher but with slightly different stats. Performance will likely mirror that of it's counterpart.
* Frogbot 2000 - Every opponent's RP will include the term "angle in" at least once.

HW
* StarStruck - "Srimech TBA". As of writing, still has no srimech.
* Tulta Munille - Wolf thinks he can mack on me with that 10 power flipper. Also I'm pretty sure the hammer will see exactly 0 usage unless you want to lose.
* Tabor Mk. 2 - Will be written as having way more oversteer than it should.
* Vertigo 3 - Will slowly slip n slide around when pitted up against some of the more aggressive 8 speed bricks here.

<big>== UH OH SPAGHETTI-O == </big>
Will end up with more L's than W's for one reason or another.

FW
* Excessive Force - Can't win if you aren't around to RP. Sad&#33;
* The Mafia - Might beat the few spinners here, maybe. Will get clownstomped by faster wedges without hinges.
* to fry - It's like Epic Waluigi except bad, and EW isn't exactly a hyper-optimized top-tier design to begin with. So, uh...
* Tree Surgeon - Big green iceberg that'll get blammed by 90% of it's opponents. Might take a win or 2 but that's about it.

LW
* Der Metzgermeister - where the robot at
* Goldschlager - No driver no W's. Womp womp.
* Hobart - Spins up. Gets scratched by opponent weapon. Dies. I'm pretty sure most bricks are able to KO this thing with only 2 armor.
* Killjoy 2 - Gets outdriven by bricks and smashed up by spinners.
* Magnolia Piccolino - where the robot at tho?

MW
* I'm sure you already know that I put bots without a picture/driver into this category by now, so let's get them out of the way: Finishing Move, Revenant.
* Champ - This one's kinda borderline between being in this tier and the rat race tier, but I think the tiny hinged wedge will prevent it from winning much.
* Outrage 2 - Fuck outta here b. That's going to bend on impact even though you insist it doesn't. :v:
* smackdown v2.0 - 13 weapon, 3 body armor, and does 6 corner damage to itself every time the axe fires. Cue the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme.

HW
* Boy Flaily - wew lad
* Eidolon - No driver no wins etc etc et al
* Highland Fling 2 - This isn't going to work the way you're hoping it will.
* I.C.R. Speedwagon - I think this is a 4wd static wedge? Not seeing any hinges for the front wedge, nor anything of that sort mentioned in the description. These are also pneumatic flippers and not lifters, meaning they can't press.

patrickrowberry

ROBOT 2 RANKERDANKS

Post by patrickrowberry » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:19 am

fw ranking

1.Apocalyptic Peacekeeper
2.The Beast From The West
3.Hat Garage
4.Salamandra
5.Buzzcut
6.Epic Waluigi
7.to fry
8.Runaway Rabbit
9.RipTide
10.Vicious
11.Vorpal Bunny
12.The Mafia
13.Excessive Force
14.Bruxish
15.TREE SURGEON&#33;

lw rankings

1.Killjoy 2
2.Splashdown
3.Backstab 3
4.Lilian
5.ramshock
6.BURGER PRINCESS
7.Twin Typhoons
8.Goldschlager
9.Flash Flood Mk2
10.Terpsichora
11.HOBART&#33;
12.Icebreaker
13.Bluebot
14.Krakatoa

mw ranking

1.Neurotoxin
2.Dredd
3.Hati
4.DRAGONFIST&#33;
5.Axtinguisher
6.smackdown v2.0
7.Outrage 2
8.Blue Max
9.Flame Grilled
10.Revenant
11.Black Dog II
12.Vortex 2
13.Frogbot 2000
14.S P E E D
15.Champ
16.Gigaflare

hw ranking

1.Hellhound V
2.Neuromancer
3.Lambastor
4.Coronal Mass Ejection
5.Tongue of the Fatman
6.TABOR MARK II: OMNI-DIRECTIONAL ASSAULT BOOGALOO&#33;
7.the cmc
8.StarStruck
9.Tulta Munille
10.Boy Flaily
11.Vertigo 3
12.Eidolon
13.Grapes of Wrath
14.Carbon Z
15.Highland Fling 2
16.Magnolia Grande

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

ROBOT 2 RANKERDANKS

Post by V900 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:13 pm

All my predictions are posted. Might edit it again if more bots show up in signups.

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT 2 RANKERDANKS

Post by Trihunter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:53 am

<big>Featherweight Rankings</big>

High tier (Bots that are gonna do well):

Riptide: This should win something eventually. Will this be the year?
Vicious (If the writers decide the flails are Scourge level)
Vorpal Bunny: Big scary spinner that Gabe was talking about in signups.
Hat Garage: Not too many big spinners, and this can outspeed most of the w0dges here.

Mid tier (Bots that might do well, might not):

Private Iron: <del>It
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Hooray For Lexan

ROBOT 2 RANKERDANKS

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:53 am

<big>Featherweights</big>

Firebird Division

1: Hat Garage. The effectiveness of a puncher may be limited with no arena hazards, but it

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

ROBOT 2 RANKERDANKS

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:33 pm

I didn
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122