Ruination: The Upheaval - Rankings

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:23 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>BEES</dt><dd>Feb 26 2018, 02:16 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>26. Exotherm
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

BEES

Post by BEES » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Feb 26 2018, 03:23 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>BEES</dt><dd>Feb 26 2018, 02:16 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>26. Exotherm

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:57 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Feb 26 2018, 11:33 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 26 2018, 06:43 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Feb 26 2018, 01:05 AM</dd></dl><div>17.Dreadnought
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:32 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Wolf51-50</dt><dd>Feb 26 2018, 05:57 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Feb 26 2018, 11:33 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 26 2018, 06:43 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Feb 26 2018, 01:05 AM</dd></dl><div>17.Dreadnought
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:06 pm

But yeah. Basically, if it has been allowed to have the bonus previously with both the exact same stats/design and the exact same rule set in all the previous competitions that this version of the machine has fought in, Dreadnought should still be allowed the armour bonus on its flipper -- just as it always has. Especially since there have been no changes in the rules regarding the armour bonuses, or the design itself since the last officially ARC-sanctioned competitions it fought in where it was allowed the bonus.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:25 pm

past mistakes are not a basis for future interpretations of rules
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:00 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Feb 26 2018, 07:25 PM</dd></dl><div>past mistakes are not a basis for future interpretations of rules[/quote]Except they weren't "past mistakes"; it was literally in the rules that it'd be allowed to have the bonus (which they were in all the competitions DMK3 fought in with the 5 weapon), and the rules themselves haven't changed. You can't just change it out of nowhere when nothing else be changed, that's not fair.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:45 pm

1) Stop hijacking this thread with a debate. Take it to the discussion thread. This is the rankings thread.

2) It has always been in the rules that if your weapon is over 33% (save obviously for spinners), it doesn't get the bonus. THAT'S what's been in the rules. Dreadnought has been getting the bonus this whole time, and that's because it's slipped through the cracks. It never should've received it in the first place.

3) But ya, I do agree that since a consistent precedent has been established and Alex would've entered the bot reasonably expecting it to continue to be followed, telling him that it doesn't apply now at the eleventh hour and after entries are finalized is pretty harsh.

4) I think that he should be allowed to either swap out his entry, apply the bonus only to a clearly and easily defined section of the flipper like in the CBC rules, or be grandfathered in for this one last tournament with the provision that he won't be eligible for that bonus from here on out. That's not my call, though. It's up to the TO and admins.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:20 pm

Okay, part one of R4 rankings&#33; Lightweights and middleweights&#33; I think I missed a lightweight somewhere but whatever.

Ruination 4 Rankings:

<big>Lightweight:</big>

1: Hoarfrost III. Well, Laz is still making obnoxious bricks. Fast, good wedge, good durability, and nearly impossible to high-center. Clamps and really powerful horizontals are the main threat to this, but even then it'll be hard to take out.

2: La Valette. Obscenely powerful, has decent reach, and it's durable. Only two bots in the competition have a decent chance of standing up to it for three minutes, On the other hand spinners this powerful often end up being unstable, and if it flips out its wheels could be vulnerable due to its relatively poor control and wide stance.

3: Cream. I'd like it on record that trackballs are a dumb fad. Nevertheless, it's a 16-power melty that even has chains for added obnoxiousness. Very few robots can survive it, and those that can don't have a good way of actually attacking it.

4: Experiment 626. Any robot with a damaging weapon will have their work cut out for them against this. Its speed, wedge, and sheer durability make it an excellent spinner-killer. The super-fast control bots might do better, but it still has one of the better wedges and a competitive drivetrain.

5: Flash Flood. Similar to Neophyte Redglare, if Redglare chose ridiculous speed and power over flipping ability. The effectiveness of this type of flipper is questionable, but with this bot's drivetrain it doesn't need a weapon to overturn its opponents, and the flipper may end up being a glorified srimech. Basically it's the best aspects of S7 and S8 Storm 2 combined. However, its wedge is of limited effectivness.

6: Witness Me. With a blistering-fast drivetrain and one of the best wedges in its division, this is a force to be reckoned with against control designs. Its armor is good enough to stand up to weaker spinners, but there are about five that can knock it out.

7: Mushroom Cloud. A spinner-killing control flipper with a good wedge and enough armor to survive almost anything in the division. This will be hard to beat.

8: Tidal Wave II. This is definitely going to do well against many of the control bots in this class, but it lacks the raw power, durability, or reach to take on the horizontals and melties.

9: Ayame. Similar to the other really fast flippers, but its wedge isn't quite as good. Still, not many robots can get under it.

10: Dr. Robotnik. A quick undercutter with enough power to take out anything that isn't a dedicated spinner-killer, but against bots that are its low weapon armor could mean damage to its own weapon.

11: Nick's Fuzzy Rules. A quick, powerful lifting brick. Just ignore the unpowered "saw."

12: Anti-Virus. Very fast, and has a durable plow. It should take out most horizontal spinners without trouble, but its wedging ability is limited, which will hurt it against many bricks. Its body armor is relatively weak, and its plow is useless when inverted, so verticals might be a threat, as would hammers if anyone had entered any.

13: Electric Aggression. Those little discs never seem to be that helpful, but this is still a solid lifter/clamp which is sturdy enough to survive most spinners. Its drivetrain is a little slow though, and some robots could get around its jaws.

14: HIRricaine. I still think any kind of omni drivetrain on a ring spinner is pointless, but this thing does hit pretty hard and is fairly durable. This could actually get a lot of KOs against vertical spinners and weaker control bots.

15: The Servant's Assistant 4. Well, that's an... interesting stat allocation. Good job failing to take advantage of not just the track bonus, which is new, but the multi-weapon bonus, which has been around for like three years. Anyway, it's quick and has a pressing wedge and clamp, which will get it some mileage against other control designs, but most of the spinners will trash it.

15: White Lightning V2. Has ludicrous speed, but the chassis armor is low enough to make hazards a serious risk, and it can easily be taken out be a couple stray hits from the spinners in this class.

16: Eat Me Too. I'm not totally convinced it will actually spin and not just move sideways with that wheel placement. While it's spinning it hits hard and has lots of reach, and it spins up pretty quickly, but it's still a dumb thwack.

17: The Thieving Magpie. Has a good wedge and drivetrain, but its armor just isn't enough to cut it in this field.

18: Yellow Buzzard. A decent wedge and flipper. Its maneuverability is relatively poor for a control design, though, and its armor is still low enough that the horizontals can likely KO it.

19: Nervous Wedge Boy. Stats are decent in theory, but in practice that wedge won't work inverted.

20: Pinstripe. Mecanum drive or no, that control ratio is a little questionable on a vertical spinner. It also doesn't have a very effective wedge, and many opponents will get under it, including the other verts. Horizontals, on the other hand, will simply shred its weak frontal armor.

21: Exotherm. Okay, it's fast, and could KO some of the weaker-armored bots, but that's about all it has going for it. I'm not convinced the weapon armor trick will work at all with current rules, and the bonus is (a) applied to the part of the wedge horizontals are least likely to hit, (b) means that part is static, so verticals will just get under it, and (b) still only gives it nine armor, which most of the other spinners can shred. Its poor control will also hurt it.

22: Ramshock. the lifter's quick, if it manages to not overbalance itself while using it. Unfortunately, even with the weapon armor bonus it'll be very vulnerable to damage, and Pat's RPs still aren't good enough to let him out-drive the top-level clamps, flippers, and so on.

23: Sir Morphsalot. This vertical spinner combines a not-great control ratio, poor reach, and mediocre power considering that it's spent a point on a srimech. Its long skids could make it dangerous to the other verts, but horizontals will destroy it and lots of the control designs can simply angle in on its forks.

24: The Most Despicable and Disastrous Twins: Okay, this might get a surprise win or two against bots like Tidal Wave. Otherwise? The wedge is too slow to outmaneuver and control most opponents, and the flail melty is too weak to damage most opponents.

25: Bluebot. It's decently quick for a spinner, but the weapon doesn't have much reach or power, the armor's thin, and despite its control ration having the wheels that far back could make it susceptible to angle-in tactics, and I don't trust the inexperienced driver.

26: Blitz MK III: This is not the arena for flippers this powerful. The flipper itself is extremely durable thanks to armor-stacking, but doesn't really give it much coverage. It's too slow to do well against other control designs, and the only thing that can't one-shot it is the saw on Nick's Fuzzy Rules.

27: GREEN BRICK. AAHAHAHAHAHA. So it flings itself around the arena all match and crashes into stuff at random. The writers are going to love you.

<big>Middleweight:</big>

1: Magnolia Pico. Welp. It's a walking, strafing deathhammer with 11 armor, that can also be a turret flipper or a turret clamp. How the hell are you even supposed to approach this?

2: Whipcoil. He keeps entering it and it keeps winning. In its basic config it's a fast and powerful clampbot, and the plow config should stuff horizontals with near-impunity. I'm less sure about the tongue: yes it will get under head-on, but it doesn't give it much coverage and with only 7 armor on the rest of the robot even one hit in the wrong place could be devastating.

3: Sundancer. Hard-hitting hammerbot with good maneuverability. Its wedge could get ripped up by... oh jesus the flipper has 12 armor doesn't it?

4: Eye of Noot. Sigh... there had to be one in this class, didn't there? There are a few bots that can survive its attacks, but not many. Some of the quicker spinners could hit its wheels, which will stop the drum, but that's always a huge risk against a weapon like this. This'll be hard to stop.

5: Marauder. Fast drivetrain, pressing, and potentially forked wedge at the front, and a very difficult scoop at the back. This will be a nightmare for control designs and some spinners. It could still take quite a bit of damage from spinners with 14+ power though, so it has to be careful.

6: Patchouli. So, I think the chassis still has 7 armor. That control ratio is lulzy on a Mecanum spinner, and people are likely to get under its wedges or smack its wheels in the drum and flipper configs. The horizontal spinner is by far the most dangerous, but opponents might still get to its wheels.

7: Diablo Genesis. Quick and powerful, with a good wedge and weapon. Some opponents could ride up over the wedge and smack its chassis, though.

8: Harpy. Hi 120 lb Purple Nation Army. This will be an absolute nightmare for most spinners to deal with, and the prongs and high speed will make it viable against bricks as well. 2WD vertical spinners are likely to toss it around, but how many of them pack enough power to really hurt it?

9: Harbinger. Ludicrous speed, and hits hard for a conventional thwack, but wedges will easily deflect the tail and many will get underneath its own wedge.

10: Biological Warfare. The drum could do a little damage to some of these bots; there's a lot of paper-thin armor around. 9 armor is a little suspect and the lifter looks like it could tip over when lifting opponents, but it's overall a decent control spinner given the field.

11: The Maw. Absolutely ludicrous frontal armor, and the ramming bar could actually toss opponents around. However it doesn't have the best drivetrain for a brick, and its wedge will be much less effective if it gets flipped.

12: Clown Recluse. There are a bunch of alternate weapon configs in this class, but this bot has the advantage of versatility; in vertical mode it has a very effective wedge head-on, but it's slow for a vert and may be vulnerable to angle-in tactics, while in horizontal made it has more reach and can maneuver freely without gyro difficulties. Its unusual shape could be hard for overhead weapons to target, and it has pretty good weapon armor. It also hits fairly hard, and there are a lot of bots in this class with weak armor. Remi, Patchouli, and Eye of Noot are the only spinners who can really go weapon-to-weapon with it. Expect a middle-of-the-road performance from it, beating weakly armored machines and failing against sturdier bricks like Harpy, deathspinners, and Magnolia Pico.

13: Magica. Finally a bot that took advantage of the tracks traction bonus to give itself a better-armored front. It should be able to stuff many spinners now. However, I still don't think it can self-right, especially in an arena with no wedge walls or wall drums. The anti-hammer plate is also unlikely to see much use since most of the really dangerous overhead weapons in this class can swap to a config that can flip it over instead.

14: Glitch. Okay, the crusher is genuinely scary now. I think that can KO anything it gets a grip on, and it's quick enough to have a good shot at doing it. The spinner configurations are less powerful though, and it doesn't really have an answer to powerful spinners anymore with its flimsy armor.

15: Plata O Plomo. Relatively slow for a control design, not the best wedge, and will be easily damaged if somebody catches its sides. Could launch a couple less-armored bots to their demise, though.

16: Lulver. Ahh, the horizontal control spinners return. That weird feeder wedge thingy could get under almost anything head-on, but that will only really be useful with the weapon turned off, at which point it's slow and doesn't have much torque for a brick. This will mostly be a threat to slow, directional spinners with limited reach, which doesn't cover that many bots.

17: Raus Mk. IV. This is normally a good stat spread, as shown by Tidal Wave's success, and this bot's effective feeder wedge will make it a dangerous opponent to a lot of bricks. The drum being that high up on the wedge is questionable, though: if it doesn't get under you it's in trouble.

18: Remi IV. A bit slow for a VS, not a great feeder wedge, and corners could be vulnerable. It does hit hard, though.

19: Kid A. Uhh... so I guess it will go wedge against big spinners, clamp against hammers and bots that are invulnerable to its drum, and drum against other stuff. I don't see it doing much with the drum, but the other configs are decent. However, a single trip to the hazards could ruin its day.

20: Lupi. A decent drivetrain since it's a ring spinner, and it hits hard, but the armor is suspect, and it still won't punch through the defenses of dedicated spinner-killers.

21: Instigator. Excellent drivetrain, good durability. However, since he never specified his wedge's type I think it might be static, so opponents could angle in on it, and the lifter won't get underneath 2WD bots or pressing lifters.

22: Metal 2. Has decent power, but the shell is flimsy, its high center of gravity will make it unstable as hell, and it has no srimech.

23: Killing Intent. This will stuff horizontal spinners through sheer brute force alone, and I don't think anything, even the crushers on Glitch and Heaven Jaws, can KO it. However, its drivetrain isn't fast enough to reliably flank or smother more agile vertical spinners, and its hinged wedge could get it tossed around. These factors will also hurt it against control-oriented bots, and the weapon is basically a glorified srimech, since it's not that useful as a clamp.

24: GBJ. Against anything with more than 4 chassis armor, the saw isn't doing anything but cosmetic damage. So, against everything but Magpie Effect and Kid A, it's basically a dustpan clamp. On one hand it's a 2WD dustpan clamp, on the other hand it has a 7-4 control spread, 1 torque, and questionable armor. I think it'll win a few fights, but not very many.

25: Stingray. Sigh... It doesn't seem like BEES has been keeping up with the changes in the meta over the past few years, and this is a good demonstration of that. It still has a bad control ratio, and its weak armor will get it shredded by most of the spinners in this class.

26: Mole Butcher. Armor's a bit low, as are the speed and traction for a control design - 4 torque on a lifting clamp means wasted points. Not sure how the weapon points are split up, but it could potentially be dangerous.

27: The Magpie Effect. That's actually a decent drivetrain for a spinner, and combined with a good wedge it can hold its own as a control spinner. As with Raus, the weapon placement is an issue though, as it's easy for opponents to hit the 4-armor wedge, and it doesn't have enough power to KO a lot of the control bots.

28: Heaven Jaws 3. A three-point control disparity? On a crusher? Really? This is going to get torn apart by spinners due to its poor armor, and while the crusher will KO anything it grabs, it will be very hard for it to actually get a grip judging by how better-controlled crushers have performed.

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:27 am

you didn't miss a LW, you just have 2 15's
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:31 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Madman</dt><dd>Feb 27 2018, 12:45 PM</dd></dl><div>1) Stop hijacking this thread with a debate. Take it to the discussion thread. This is the rankings thread.

2) It has always been in the rules that if your weapon is over 33% (save obviously for spinners), it doesn't get the bonus. THAT'S what's been in the rules. Dreadnought has been getting the bonus this whole time, and that's because it's slipped through the cracks. It never should've received it in the first place.

3) But ya, I do agree that since a consistent precedent has been established and Alex would've entered the bot reasonably expecting it to continue to be followed, telling him that it doesn't apply now at the eleventh hour and after entries are finalized is pretty harsh.

4) I think that he should be allowed to either swap out his entry, apply the bonus only to a clearly and easily defined section of the flipper like in the CBC rules, or be grandfathered in for this one last tournament with the provision that he won't be eligible for that bonus from here on out. That's not my call, though. It's up to the TO and admins.[/quote]Fair enough. I mean, I'd be fine with any of those three options you've suggested (I'll most likely take a couple of points off the weapon to give to the armour to make up for not having the bonus), but we'll see what the main guys running the competition say.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:54 pm

I'll just put up some relative predictions for now. In no order. More detailed ones will come when the divisions are posted.

LW
Dr. Robotnik
The Thieving Magpie
Anti-Virus
Hoarfrost
Ayame

MW
WhipCoil
Sundancer
Marauder
Magnolia Pico
Patchouli

HW
Redemption Denied
Klarinette
Death Metal
Flandre Scarlett
Wedgelord

SHW
Tax Cutter
Phantasmic Slammer
Krakatoa
Beef King
Lifter 2: Electric Boogaloo
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:16 pm

All right, time for some predictions. Will be edited to fit more weight classes later, unless character limit is a thing. :v:

----

<big><big><big>Ruination: The Upheaval - Team Covenant's Conference/Division Ratings</big></big></big>

<big><big>Lightweights</big></big>

<big>DEFIANCE CONFERENCE</big>

Waifubot Division

1. Hoarfrost - Let's face it. There's practically nothing in this division that can beat it, maybe even the conference for that matter.

2. Ayame - Hoarfrost with a weapon. Bit less drivetrain kind of hurts it against #1 but it's still solid.

3. Tidal Wave II - I think it's about time this guy deserved some sort of recognition, but there's just too many solidly armoured bots here, not to mention hard-hitting weaponry, and I think he'll just miss out.

4. Nervous Wedge Boy - this thing is actually statted really well and could go far

5. Witness Me - Former Monsterworks robot with good drivetrain and a nice flipper but honestly the amount of invertible bricks and powerful spinners in the Defiance Conference are going to fuck him up.

6. Mushroom Cloud - see above, only more armour and less drivetrain. Plus I admire the attempt to put teeth on top of the robot to stop bots driving over top, but the flipper hinges kind of get in front of those, lol. Should be able to flip them with no trouble. The problem is that there are so many good bots this season that it's hard to rank. :V

7. Blitz Mk. III - Sadly, Ava falls prey to the new triangle armour bonus. 2 body armour is going to get you slaughtered.

MissingNo. Division

1. Flash Flood - Yeah, it's a weak flipper, what about it? It's gonna ram-foo your asses to Hoboken before you can set your trip planner.

2. La Valette - Ah, the controversial bot. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt here. 17 weapon power is seriously nothing to laugh about. The 3 speed and 1 traction? Good luck controlling yourself after a collision. Still will reign though.

3. Eat Me Too - this thing is INSANE :V too bad its unpredictability will fuck it over as much as the lower-armoured bots it faces

4. The Servant's Assistant 4 - other than a minor stat error (which Kode forgot to remind him of, oops&#33;), the competition has just become way better than before, when Servant reigned supreme in LoRE1. He'll have to struggle here.

5. Bluebot - nothing's getting under the front, but all that weight in front may make it hard for him to get it in. good thing speed rules were changed, but he may not have enough weapon power to dish out either. stat-wise though, guldenflame did good and i expect a lot of improvement from him in the future :)

6. Sir Morphsalot - good luck getting those forks under anything, even if you do have a kick-ass weapon

7. GREEN BRICK - :tellu:

<big>VENGEANCE CONFERENCE</big>

nVidia GeForce Division

1. The Thieving Magpie - A lot of things in the entire conference don't like getting flipped. This can not only flip, but tank shots too.

2. Cream - NANI?&#33;? 16 weapon and trackballs? Fuck this thing. :V

3. Nick's Fuzzy Rules - lol, okay I fucking love this. Too bad it's not going to do as well as I'd like it to - susceptible to being angled in on, and kinda vulnerable to HSes even with the scoop set-up

4. Experiment 626 - The way HFL has set up the lifting wedges actually really doesn't benefit him much at all. Any heavier wedge will get underneath anyway when he's not pressing, and quicker wedges will get around him when he is. HFL has to play carefully here.

5. Pinstripe - Man, I love this thing, I really do, but unfortunately like Sir Morphsalot he's not going to be able to get in there much.

6. Yellow Buzzard - it's decent, and that's really all I can say here. It's not bad, just...

7. Ramshock - I actually feel bad putting it here, but this lifter has way too much disadvantages. Pushes down - other bots get around it. Doesn't - is gotten under. When it actually gets under something, it can't lift or it'll lift its rear up off the ground. Sorry Pat.

Twitch.tv Division

1. Dr. Robotnik - just enough speed to be agile and escape some bricks, with enough weapon power and range to be absolutely deadly. Too bad it doesn't have a wedge, but who needs those anyway?&#33;

2. Anti-Virus - You know, the plow is hinged so it can wedge things too. :V Either way, won't do well against similarly statted 2WD wedges, but will destroy most spinners... as long as they don't get around the plow. Which everyone will be trying to do, I'm sure. :V

3. White Lightning - An uncontrollable thwack? Uh nope, it's actually quite controllable once you factor in that every bot starts at 75% of their top speed. :V Its wedging set-ups leave something to be desired though, even more than Anti-Virus.

4. HIRricaine - Actually this thing could do very well. It still won't control too well but it's protected from all sides. More powerful spinners and most bricks will trounce it, though.

5. Electric Agression - Is the typo intentional? Regardless, this thing is magnificent. It's like what would happen if Mimete or Lethal Injection had a night with Witch Doctor where things got a little out of control. Even so, it's still a jack of all trades so anything dedicated will have a good chance against it. TBR's really come a long way. :)

6. The Most Despicable and Disastrous Twins - Just barely passes the dumb name rule, it's actually really clever. :P But sheesh, a 4 speed/14 armour brick and a 12 speed melty? That's a very weird stat spread, but it could work. Tri just has to convince me. :V

7. Exotherm - ...uggggh. This is probably THE favourite render out of any of the lightweights, so why is Exotherm of all things here? Any brick worth its salt is going to outmanoeuvre this barely controllable VS, and it barely has the damage output to keep up. It can't even damageone part of Tri's cluster&#33; Moreover, that shield isn't going to stop a dedicated HS from tearing him a new asshole - 9 armour is quite damageable even by mediocre spinners. Not that the shield should even get the weapon armour bonus, but hey, who am I to judge? :v:

----

<big><big>Middleweights</big></big>

<big>ANNIHILATION CONFERENCE</big>

Delightfully Devilish Division

1. Harbinger - only Eye of n00t can really immediately damage this thing, and it can hang tough with bricks and other things by using its thwack. Let the good times roll for Team Blood Gulch.

2. Magnolia Pico - literally only Harbinger can beat this guy, and this reminds me of why I hate walkers AND multi-config bots so much :P curse my generosity&#33;

3. Eye of n00t - I guess the Dream Team had to have ONE serious entry. :V Yeah, this thing will be a bitch.

4. Stingray - okay fine, it's 9/6. And it 'only' has 8 armour. It's still better than the rest of the bots in the division.

5. Kid A - Very low armour but some set-ups mitigate that slightly. Still, almost any spinner has the capacity to stomp it.

6. G.B.J. - AAAAAAAAAH IT'S TOAD, oh wait it's just a dustpan. With shoddy control. And a saw that can barely do anything. Might be able to do something of note to Kid A, maybe?

7. Instigator - Would be very good if its wedges actually touched the ground, but 2WD tracks don't exist and nothing is stated to be hinged. :V

Black Hole Sun Division

1. Sundancer - mecanums aren't without drawbacks, but fuck if this guy loses to a single bot, jfc

2. Harpy - Oh hi Anti-Virus. Should do just as well honestly.

3. Diablo Genesis - It's okay I guess. :V

4. Magica - Kind of feel the things on its flipper could be caught by spinners, but I was too lazy to check whether they were removable or not. Regardless, will okay as well. Honestly this and DG are interchangeable, though Diablo would beat it in a 1v1 imo. :V

5. The Maw - Kind of an odd weapon but we'll see how it does. No spinner is going to really beat it, honestly.

6. Lulver - Brad said he decided he wants to win. I'm curious about which bot he meant by that. :V

7. Biological Warfare - This seems like a case of trying to do too many things at once. It has a decent lifter but it's a bit too slow to really get any mileage out of it, and he's not controlling any of the bots in his division save Sundancer, who honestly trounces him with the axe set-up.

<big>REVOLUTION CONFERENCE</big>

EA Games Division

1. Glitch - ...I'm still a little skeptical of the effectiveness of the horizontal(ish?) spinner set-up but jfc good matchups for days. It can even check robots with better weapon/armour. Go figure.

2. Marauder - Yeah it's this guy again. Still as much of a bitch as ever.

3. Plata O Plomo - There aren't too many spinners that can get a reliable hit on it before they take a flippin', but let's face it, he's going to get destroyed by 2WD wedges and lifters.

4. Remi IV - Like Lian, Zach either forgot about the tracks bonus or didn't care. Either way, he still has a powerful drum/beater/whatever-the-fuck-spinner-that-is to thrash other bots silly.

5. Raus Mk. IV - Can get under a lot of stuff but prone to gyroing. Other 2WD wedges and lifters can give him a good fight and probably not take too much damage from the weapon, and horizontals will eat him for breakfast.

6. The Magpie Effect - Holy shit that is a HUGE drum. Unfortunately because of this, and due to the -2 control disparity, he'll find it hard to bring the drum into play.

7. Mole Butcher - a clampbot with an unknown number of wheels, you mean. :V Also the flamethrower makes your weapon not get the armour bonus, since both sets of jaws are clearly moving in the pictures you show. 9 armour used to be adequate back in the 22-point system but not here.

Bose Division

1. WhipCoil - It's his time, baby.

2. Clown Recluse - All those words, and you think I'm going to read them?

But yeah a versatile spinner is great.

3. Lupi - Pretty much the optimal stat spread for a ring spinner right now, and even that isn't enough for Lupi to clinch. Or is it? We'll see.

4. Metal 2 - Lupi but worse. But it has the same stats&#33;

5. Patchouli - Yeah I put it down here, what'chu gonna do about it? :dirk: Nice, versatile set-ups ruined by a 4 speed/1 traction spread. :V Oh, and that plow on the flipper set-up will fold under you if you get flipped, js. :V

6. Killing Intent - Okay, I missed the hinged wedge somehow, but it's still shark food for 2WD wedges and lifters, plus it's not too fast enough to take advantage of a slowed down spinner, even with that absurd armour value.

7. Heaven Jaws 3 - You know what, Bob did a decent job statting this thing (minus the speed and traction. Close, though&#33;) and honestly if he wasn't stuck in a division full of spinners he would own this division alongside WhipCoil. As it is, he's going to struggle a lot.

GuldenFlame

Post by GuldenFlame » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>That Kode Guy</dt><dd>Mar 3 2018, 03:16 PM</dd></dl><div>7. Killing Intent - Ugh, sorry man but 4WD + no mention of a hinged wedge = tough match-ups for you. Here's hoping you can hang tough, though&#33;[/quote]Last sentence under its profile.

"A pneumatic hammer that hits like a squeaky toy. Still better than Fliegen. (I feel like I unintentionally ripped of like 60 bots.) Wedge is hinged."

-This complaint has been fixed. Up one whole position&#33;-
Last edited by GuldenFlame on Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Loading...

I have nothing noteworthy to show you.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:35 pm

m'bad, edited accordingly

only human here :v: