ROBOTS discussion page

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:27 pm

And you could have also risked losing your entire weapon on the next hit. I saw the term "intelligent aggression". My thought was that you wanted to keep the pressure on him, but wouldn't want to risk losing your half working weapons. I didn't see a strategy on what to do if the weapon was dead, so I wasn't sure what to do. Therefore, I suspected that you wanted to keep it aggressive, but did not want your weapon to break. But if needed, I'm willing to do a rewrite
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:42 pm

considering how low the chances are of him actually hitting my weapon (which I again layed out in my RP), I am going to ask for a re-write, seeing as how you have managed to convince me even less that you make a good writing choice with every post :V
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Jul 3 2017, 09:42 PM</dd></dl><div>considering how low the chances are of him actually hitting my weapon (which I again layed out in my RP), I am going to ask for a re-write, seeing as how you have managed to convince me even less that you make a good writing choice with every post :V [/quote]Well I sure as hell tried :V. Been looking for time for the other fights. It's still a 4 armored bot with 8 weapon armor trying to use a speed advantage the size of an apple seed to evade a deathhammer for 3 minutes. I'm not seeing much of a change in outcome due to this fact, but that said, I'll see what I can do with the rewrite

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by GF93 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:09 pm

Hold on a minute though, why are we doing rewrites when there's still a number of the previous fights missing altogether? Surely, those should take priority.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Wolf51-50

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:26 pm

Whatever the TO says is what goes :V

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2

Venice Queen

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:15 pm

my place as a TO =/= my place as a participant in the tournament, but if he wants to re-write it before finishing his other fights that's his prerogative. he's at least mostly up to date. although I quite dislike the fact that he is misinterpreting my want for him to give logical context to occurances in the fight as a want for him to cause the match to end up in my favor.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Wolf51-50 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:22 pm

In which I hope that I made myself clear in this rewrite. And I'm a bit confused as to where you got that assumption. Though I do feel that I'm not quite trusted as a writer by some, which I am currently trying to regain that trust

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2

Venice Queen

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:55 am

<big>Mid-Tournament Roundup</big>
With the tournaments 2 weeks away from playoffs and things really starting to heat up, how about we look at each team as a whole and how they've performed thus far. organized by winning percentage let's get a few fun facts out of the way.

Undefeated robots - 14 (Guleh/HowlerII/Talons Out&#33;/Mudcrab/Reinhardt/Slither/Corporate Interests/Black Dog/PnATO/Axtingusher/REX/Coup de Grace/Chimera V)
Undefeated teams - 1 (Chaotic Robotics)
People who have FFed every match since week 2 - 2
Most painful Match name - The Fantastic gyoscopic Brothers vs The Four Wheeled Six Toothed Driving Purple Robot Eater
Matches still missing from weeks before the current one - 14
People with a worse winning percentage than Peskius - 6
Matches decided by Wolf trying a strategy that never had a chance of working - 2
Current robot subject to the greatest amount of communal salt - Hellhound (despite Safe Space existing)
Times a crusher has won a match in this tournament (using its crusher configurations) - 1
Times a crusher has used a configuration other than its crusher configuration - 8
Number of "bot rush" jokes, references, and serious usages: &#8734;
Number of teams I forgot to add into this initially - 1 (sorry attackfrog :V)

100% - Chaotic Robotics: 7-0 (4-0/3-0)
He may have chosen to only enter two robots, but the two he did enter are incredibly strong, yet to take a loss in this fights that have been written, though apparently no one likes writing this guy
Last edited by Venice Queen on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by The Monsterworks » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:17 am

This. This is good. You've outdone yourself.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

British-Robotics

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:40 am

It's been a bad start for my machines and the sudden FF's from Week 3 I think was because I went to the Netherlands for a few days holiday. I feel the draw of the group has been unfortunate for some of my machines, but lets hope I can make a good U turn and get back in form.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by attackfrog » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Hey, at least you didn't forget me entirely :P

Really solid work here. This is great content.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by GF93 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:45 pm

You know, I may have to adopt the "Monochrome Box of Sadness" as an actual nickname. :v:

I'm a little annoyed that I lost with DOA again to an Exploit-Bot that would probably snap in half down the middle in real life, but to be honest- the convoluted plan this time was pretty much the only shot I had at getting past the scoop, and it did at least stop me from being KOed, so there was that. Hopefully though, seeing it's a spinner-on-spinner fight next, I can get another win for it there.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:46 am

Man, no one wants to write Redemption Denied's fights. :P
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Venice Queen

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:49 am

Tough week so far, good to see im pulling 2/3 so far. The one left is a tough one too though...

ALSO:

Announcement:

After this week, there will be a 1 week break to let all the matches catch up before we get started with playoffs. In the meantime, there will be weight class rumbles&#33; Limited to 8 robots, first come first serve, limit 2 entries per team unless they arent filling up.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

ROBOTS discussion page

Post by attackfrog » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:49 pm

The Four Wheeled, Six Toothed Driving Purple Robot Eater is always up for a buffet.