Official Cherry Bomb Classic Power Rankings

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:07 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 22 2016, 01:52 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 22 2016, 10:55 AM</dd></dl><div>It looks ugly (opinion&#33;)[/quote]Right, Heretic's just earned itself a beating by way of you insulting my paintjob. :v:[/quote]To be fair, I think Kody should have given you some credit. There's a color that isn't black or grey on it&#33;
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:18 pm

savage
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:38 pm

see this is the problem with a robot like Salamandra: It needs above-average stats in nearly every category, so I had to compromise somewhere to make it legal. I'll probably tweak the stats before the tournament starts.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:47 pm

Team Covenant Lightweight Picks

1. Captain Trips - seriously, naff off. :v:

2. Dead - so why am I putting playzooki's bot here? 15 weapon and it won't kill itself. :v: It might struggle a bit against bricks but that's it.

3. Dat Pup - dedicated spinner killer. Yup yup.

4. Tidal Wave - muchly improved from before, seeing it go far.

5. The Debilitator - uh, yeah. 16 weapon. Good luck with that. Seriously, screw walkers. :v:

6. Pathos R - again, if Bob RPS WELL WITH IT, it'll do quite good

7. Mordor - Ash nazg durbatul
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:41 pm

IN none of Kody's posts had any of my bots in it.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:33 pm

Hi everybody&#33; You can ignore this post. I accidentally posted my LW rankings here originally before editing them into my main post because I'm a doofus. Yup. Also, this is a heads' up that the render of Seadevil has been updated to rectify the whole flipper/axe hitting the spinning blade whenever it fires thing (thanks, Gabe :v: ).
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:21 am

Let's start these off with the featherweights.

24) Peskius
Nice robot. where'd you get it, the not-a-robot store??? :v:

23) Crazy Lobster
3 speed? No wedge? yeah this is going here

22) CopyofCopyofCopy
It's unfinished right now but unless Shaba changes the stats it probably won't get much higher

21) Lifty
It isn't awful, but its ground clearance and stats leave a lot to be desired.

20) To Fry or to Fly
Again, not the worst robot ever, but I can't help but think the robot would be better if it was only the VS with no drone. The drone itself is pretty odd since it seems to be based off of a Leonardo Da Vinci concept which didn't actually work. :v:

19) Backstab
A decent design hindered by a very bizarre wedge shape, thin as hell wheel guards and a third oddity in the "spikes" on the back which for some reason get an armor bonus?? It would be a lot better if it were simplified a bit and given stronger-looking wheel guards.

18) Kamikaze Squad
Drones have never impressed me, but it's better than the other dronebot in this class at least. Also only 13 weapon isn't a ton.

17) Redneck Alimony Payment
Slow for a spinner, and it just looks kinda flimsy. Once again it has a wasted torque point which could have been spent better elsewhere.

16) Tyrian
15 weapon is nothing to sneeze at but it's super tall, doesn't seem too effective inverted and has a wasted torque point...

15) Bolt Thrower
Decent enough but it will struggle heavily to bring that weapon into play especially with only 5 speed.

14) Heretic
All of Kody's robots in this tournament are bizarre in one way or another and this one is no exception. It seems pretty scary on paper but it only has 4 armor and no way to escape should it get wedged. I get that's what the thwack is for, but still...

13) Salamandra
I feel like this is the worst robot in the field without any serious fatal flaws in its design. That's why this is here and not higher or lower.

12) Feathergo
12 weapon is really, really low for a spinner, and it has an illegal armor bonus. However, Vertigo 2 proved itself in Pressure Drop so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

11) Moonraker
Exposed wheels and a really strange shape will leave it vulnerable to spinners, but I think it will be a solid anti-wedge robot in this field.

10) Firebird
I'm not sold on the whole "friction drill" concept, but Chernabog was pretty scary and this seems to be a downscaling of that, so...

9) Chewer
Remember Immolator? I do fondly. It had a solid concept, reducing the spinner power to improve on speed and control, and that's what Chewer's doing here. Its shape also looks decently resilient.

8) Capitol Punishment
Decent dustpan thing which looks spinner-resistent enough plus has one of the better drivers at the helm. If Josh can prove himself with this it could be solid, but since it was designed by Wolf I'm a bit apprehensive to rate it higher. No offense :v:

7) Drop Zone
Another odd idea from this year's BattleBots competition. The blocking bar is going to have to prove itself to me before I rate it higher/lower. But other than that, it's a solid enough brick to win fights.

6) Neon Rainbow
Super resilient, fairly quick and all in all a great shape. It's a solid robot but nothing super amazing.

5) Gaster
It's basically Popo's Corkscrew but with a flipper orientation that makes more sense. Mystic's proving that he can be a threat if he puts in enough effort, so we'll have to see if that's the case here again.

4) Howler II
Jesus fuck. My only question is, how exactly can this robot "strafe"? It has two tracks. In no way should this be able to strafe.

3) Hot Coffee&#33;
A bog-standard 2WD wedge. Nothing wrong with this at all.

2) Xerxes
gaben pls

1) Torque Dirty 2 Me
Square Wave fell into the tar pits it seems. :v:
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:57 am

Y'all're a bunch of casuals. Refrained from ranking Peskius' robots since most of 'em aren't around

Featherweights
Last edited by Venice Queen on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:37 am

Silly Gabe :P . The wheelguards are attached to the hubcap portion and the spikes are meant to get VS and other things stuck. The rest of the rankings make perfect sense. On the topic of CP? I is sad :v:

Anyway, on to the LW rankings:
1. Debilitator- *Flips table* Everyone go home :v:

2. No Exit- Perfect design for a flipper that can tank hits as well as send these spinners flying

3. Dat Pup- I trust dat thing to kill 85+&#8453; of the spinners here

4. Invertigo- This is not Pussycat. This is <big>better</big> than Pussycat. Classic weapon with good armornfor a spinner. And you can't flip it :v:

5. Mordor- I don't trust that self righting stick one bit, but either way, it's going to win a lot of that fights with that weapon combo

6. Captain Trips- I'm a little worried about the low armor, but it has enough speed to manage. One wrong turn is going to obliterate it though.

7. Dead- Huge powerhouse with a large disc up in front. But can it turn with the weapon spinning?

8. Tidal Wave II- Great drum weapon that's going to send a lot of things flying, but I'm a bit worried about that armor though. Those wheelguards are going to get dented or forcefully removed

9. Translaytor 2- Amazing design for a melty that's going to hurt some of the bricks, high armor or not. But I don't see how it can possibly drive in a straight line on it's own with 1WD

10. Exotherm- Slow bot, but with all that VS goodness and has a decent wedge

11. Slepnir- Armored to hell and back on the front wedge, and with amazing speed (not to mention control) but if a spinner gets to it's side, it's done.

12. Vesta- great idea that inspired Cold Streak. However, with a limited abkunt of bricks in this field and only "meh" armor, it's going to have some trouble

13. Pathos R- I can see it doing well, and it actually has a wedge, but it has low armor for a brick. And that lifting platform looks a bit unreliable

14. Whack Attack- Good weapon, but that's about it. It's slow, and that being said on the weapon, there's very little range

15. Scylla- This design is amazing&#33;...If it were in a different weight class. Spinners are going to tear it apart, and the ever changing ground clearance on the wedge will make it highly vulnerable

16. Psychotic Brick- 3 different attachments amd a scoop that can give spinnners a hard time. But it's not much of a brick anymore with 11 body armor, and it's going to skid at times (that's what makes it so psychotic :v: )

17. Phobos Anomaly- Holy shit, this thing is flying&#33; Both with its speed and in the air. Because we all jnkwnthat spinners and clusters don't mix. And I'm sorry, but those hammers aren't going to do justice

18. Spy vs Spy- Again, it's a clusterbot. It has very decent weapons, but it's no Smash Bros

19. RC2- I know, three clusterbots in a row, but I just don't see them doing well here. Exposed wheels and...interesting builds are going to hurt it

20. Unknown Quantity- Not finished yet. But if the stats get fixed and there's teeth on the shell, I can see it doing quite well

21. Mecha Mouse- No powerful weapon, no above average stats, no hope here

22. Factory- Can it move when spinning? If so, it's still a walking bomb

23. Big Ol' Pusharoo- Exposed wheels, terrible speed, and...uh...where are you putting those speed controllers? :v:
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:20 am

I realize what it is you want to do with them. The success of that sort of tactic is dubious at best

And if wheelguards are attached to the hubcap then they're literally just part of the wheel :v:
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:14 am

Not attached like that :v: that would be absurd. It's similar to Nightmare's
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!

Recent Tournaments:

ROBOT2
FW: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper (2-3)
LW: Backstab 3 (3-3) [Lifetime 11-8]
MW: Outrage 2 (4-1) [Lifetime 6-3]
HW: Tulta Munille (3-2)

Ruination: The Upheavel
LW: White Lightning (1-6) [Lifetime 4-8]
MW: Diablo Genesis (5-3) [Lifetime 10-5]
HW: Coup de Grâce (2-5) [Lifetime 13-9]
SHW: Fenrir (6-2) [Lifetime 7-3]

Reckoning: The Revival
MW: Vovoka (4-1) [Lifetime 10-3]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:27 am

which are not attached to the hubcap? http://battlebots.com/robot/nightmare-2/
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:39 pm

Was going to wait until I had them all done, but fuck it.

FW:

1. Torque Dirty 2 Me - I kinda like how it looks. Also annoyingly good. Enough speed/control to keep the wedge pointed at spinners and keep up with wedges
2. Howler II - Only way I see to take this out is to disable the treads, but for that you need to get past the deathspinner
3. Xerxes - Exactly the kind of bot you'd expect from Gabe. Flipper is a bit thin
4. Gaster - Even with the lacking torque, I feel like this one is going far if it doesn't get angled into every match
5. Drop Zone - I don't think the brick will do much, but aside from that its a solid rammer/wedge.
6. Hot Coffee - Lack of Invertability on its wedge is the only thing that keeps this out of the top 5, even if it can self right by reversing and then quickly flicking forwards
7. Moonraker - The stats look ugly on paper, but it should get the job done depending on how well it can get under bricks.
8. Neon Rainbow - /shrug
9. Backstab - Annoying amount of armour. Can bully pretty much any spinner, but loses to most other bricks
10. Firebird - I don't like the spinner, but that drill might be able to take on some of the meh armour bots.
11. Tyrian - 15 Thwack power, otherwise lackluster
12. Redneck Alimony Payment - Thin blade worries me, but 14 weapon has to count for something
13. Chewer - This is more of a control flipper than a VS, but it should do average if nothing else
14. Bolt Thrower - Average, just like in Bot-O-Rama
15. <del>Havoc Pigeon</del> Teacup Tempest - Original design do not steal
16. Capitol Punishment - Interesting, but may struggle to get all the wedges into the dustpan
17. Salamandra - Interesting, but may struggle to get all the wedges into the dustpan
18. Heretic - You say its a good thing that the stats don't make sense, but I suppose its in the spirit of the tourney
19. Feathergo - What is that armour bonus? Also too many bricks for this to be competitive
20. CopyofCopyofCopy - This will have control issues and the VS is really small
21. Kamikaze squad - 4 Translational speed, 1 traction. Basically a pinball
22. Upsie Daisy - Stats are completely fucked, and the lifter is too small/lifts straight vertical.
23. To Fry or to Fly - Im guessing the weapon is mounted like that one from CC Battlebots that I can't remember. The Electonics in the wheels bit though is really risky
24. Crazy Lobster - Assbot makes a return, just 1/9th the size

OK Lightweights.

1. Mordor - Fucking Monsterworks
2. Captain Trips - Typical Gabe bot again.
3. The Debilitator - Aside from bots getting to its side and ramming it around all match, this is tough to beat.
4. dead - It can't turn with the weapon spinning, but otherwise deadly
5. Translaytor - Also pretty annoying, but will pinball a fair bit with the 1 wheel
6. Tidal Wave - /shrug
7. Pathos R - Good doorstop, but might get ripped up by the higher powered spinners
8. Dat Pup - Less good doorstop, but still enough to stonewall a good portion of the field
9. Exotherm - Tried and true design, with a good driver
10. Invertigo - Completely off the wall design, but the stats are right so lets see.
11. Arial Annihilation - Launcher, just needs to make sure to play it safe with some of these high power spinners
12. No Exit - I had this higher until I saw it was 4wd
13. Sleipnir - Annoying amount of armour on the front, but the 6 body armour opens it up to hazard damage or hammers
14. Vesta - I know its in the spirit of the tournament, but what....?
15. Psychotic Brick - That thing is long, might be tough to control turning.
16. Scylla - I like the concept, but 5 speed is gonna make it tough to get things into your pincher
17. Spy vs Spy - Please prove me wrong, this is a cool bot but Multibot stat limits are a bitch.
18. DumboLITE - 11 weapon spinner, not great. At least this can flip things upwards.
19. Mecha Mouse - 11 weapon spinner, not great.
20.Phobos Anomoly - Sorry, but I have basically no faith in this
21. Whack Attack - Concept is ok, but the shape of the bot itself kinda ruins it.
22. Unknown Quantity - Please finish the render, Shaba.
23. RC 2 - No
24. Big Ol Pusharoo - I didn't like BOX. in Hammerfall, and I don't like its LW distant cousin

Middleweights&#33;

1. Visual Assault - God damnit, Gabe.
2. Ultraviolence - God damnit, Kody.
3. Precice Saunter - For a walking axe, this is surprisingly convincing.
4. Harbinger - Direct Intervention is necessary. Just needs to be wary of the axes.
5. Hugh Mungus - Pretty solid, not much it can't doorstop under.
6. Crash Blossom - <del>Red</del> Green Devil. Solid.
7. ThrashCoil - Pretty cool looking, but a few bots like Visual Assult or Hugh Mungus might be able to get under and push.
8. Seadevil - Finally something not dumb OP from Monsterworks, although still plenty competitive
9. Bunker Buster - Solid, but a lot of edges for spinners to catch, and the bot is fairly long.
10. Jaws - Even with the blurry picture, this is probably the best design Scorpion has made yet here.
11. D.U.D.E - 7 power flippers are nothing to laugh at, but again it has quite a few edges.
12. Rainbow in the Dark - Looks pretty cool but possible control issues and those side panels are spinner food
13. Remi - Apparently other people have more faith in this than me.
14. Brititannia - Not a fan of the front hinged flippers, otherwise Average
15. Atom - Fixed the control issues from Showbots, but still not confident in the spinner in the middle of the wheels design.
16. Sekhmet - Average. Lots of fast bots in this tourney so it might have a little trouble.
17. DJ Dus-T - Quite a few edges to catch on.
18. Rake Against The Machine - In the spirit of the tournament, but meh.
19. Thallium - Circular skirts don't work.
20. Galileo's Voyage - Drum is too high up and the flipper plate is also too high up on the bot.
21. Circuit Breaker - Wedge sits too far from the robot, wedge arms are too thin, possible control issues.
22. Flip City Remix - Uppercut was better.
23. Minion Madness - No.
24. Krill Swarm - Please stop.

Heavyweights?

1. Broken Ghost - Not who I expected to put at the top, but very versatile and even though the weapon arm is thin, it should manage
2. 36 - THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS
3. Turbolulz - I can't wait for this Melty/FBS craze to die.
4. Morbid - Great speed/control, but the low armour is a bit worrying
5. Hellfire - Strong flipper, not much else to say
6. Gamma Ray - Takes the best part of Smilodon and adds a real weapon, should do well.
7. Smilodon - Speaking of Smilodon...
8. Bastile - Can tank spinners like no tommorow, but I doubt it'll win on aggression or possibly strategy
9. Baron K. Roolenstien - Interesting idea with the treads, we'll see if it works
10. Starstruck - Looks really cool, but overall slightly above average
11. Kamikaze Crab Killer - I do not appreciate the racist joke name
12. Terminal Velocity Classic - Really powerful flipper, but may have trouble getting some of the faster bricks in place to flip
13. Funerary Precession - This thing is gonna pinball so hard
14. Pallas - That rear shield was a good addition, but Dual jaw clampers haven't convinced me yet
15. Catcher in the Rye - Could use a little more speed, but it works. Same issue as above
16. Death Metal - 3 speed against so many control focused bots isn't good
17. Sheol - Can get angled into, and will have some control issues
18. Reggie - Same problem as Death Metal
19. Bass Drop - I dont know why I like this bot so much but ehh
20. Cerberus - Control issues and 5 body armour. Better stating could make this pretty good.
21. Laceration - Really cool if it works, but I doubt it will
22. Book of Carnage - I have no idea what to think of this, but i dont have faith
23. Yeager - Needs better stats and the claws aren't convincing
24. Frostys Nightmare 2 - Im sorry, but this thing is just not gonna work
Last edited by Hiicantpk on Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:14 pm

OK guys, Peskius's bots are up and ready, now.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:21 pm

yeah, and lists are a bitch to edit on this website, especially since it's still not working properly for me for whatever reason. so my rankings stay as they are now :P
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122