Official Cherry Bomb Classic Power Rankings

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:40 pm

With a little over two weeks until the start of the tournament, one of the largest fields in ARC history has been set, the seven international arenas have been readied, and the only thing left to do is wait for the annual Cherry Bomb Classic to begin... or is it?

From all over the globe, entries have poured in: Scotland, Canada, China, England, France, and - of course - the good old U.S. of A. With them has come a flow of experts and ideas such as the vaporbot world has never seen. New concepts and designs will be tested for the first time in combat, new rule sets piloted and examined for their strengths and weaknesses, an exchange of information and expertise all but unparalleled.

And yet the beating heart of any competition of either great or lesser scale is the metal-on-metal combat: robot fighting robot. Two enter, but only one can leave victorious. Tonight, we are gathered to discuss, compare, and ultimately determine which of the hundred-twenty machines that will be competing are the cream of the crop. We will be composing and handing out seedings. At first, these will be fluid and shifting as builders make last minute modifications. Some designs may rise or fall as their vital statistics are adjusted. By the time that the October 2 tinkering deadline rolls around, most of us should have a pretty good picture of what the entries look like, and as a result, Tuesday October 4, at the same time will mark the end of power rankings discussions. The results will be tallied up, outliers removed, averaged out, and then put into place to ensure a fair and equitable experience for all.

The round robin groups of the Cherry Bomb Classic will each comprise six fighting robots. The top four seeds in each weight class will head up these groups. Joining each of them will be one machine randomly selected from a pool of those ranked fifth to eighth, followed by one in the nine to twelve range, and so forth. The final results of this arduous process will be announced live the evening before the opening round, at 9:00 PM EST. Now, without further ado, The box is locked, the lights are on...
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:28 pm

FW:
1. Torque Dirty 2 Me- Best brick in it's class. Low to the ground, tough armor, excellent drive train, etc. Expect this one to go to the finals

2. Howler 2- To Alex, I say, fuck you :v:

3. Hot Coffee- Such a simple design, but it's a well statted brick with a spacious wedge that can be used to reach for a playoff spot

4. Moonraker- A well armored clamp in a field of spinners and bricks? Sounds good to me

5. Drop Zone- What's better than a brick? A brick that drops a brick. I'm a bit worried about it's lower armor, but a strong son of a gun nonetheless

6. Firebird- Two weapon set ups that can take you out from the top or sides. Solid walker, but like all the others, it's going to be slow and might have trouble to bring the weapon into play, but can win if the conditions are correct

7. Xerxes- Sleek design on a low to the ground wedge. However, I'm not too sure how it will hold up with it's lower armor, and you need a lot of power to make a FH flipper to be effective

8. Redneck Alimony Payment- that bar... Anyway, it's got plenty of weapon power to do some decent damage. However, it looks like it could be vulnerable to bricks

9. Neon Rainbow- Unique design that can go far, but even with the longer lip, it's going to be hard to out the flipper into play

10. Feathergo 2- Classic design that can go the distance. One problem: this looks like the perfect design for bricks to take advantage of, and it's srimech looks a bit fragile

11. Tyrian- Love the design, even with the short ranged teeth, but it looks a bit top heavy, and that could be a factor against some flippers and lifters

12. Gaster- Fast, solid brick with a truly unique weapon on top. But I question how often it will be used with a "men" wedge and a painfully slow lifter

13. Salamandra- S.O.B.? Is that you? These clones tend to do well, but I'm not sire if it has the armor, or drivetrain, to hang with these spinners and bricks

14- Backstab. I'm a big believer in the spikes tbh, and the lifter has been improved, but then again, it doesn't have a string enough drivetrain to put either of them to good use

15. Capitol Punishment- Yay! Clamping dustpan! It's low to the ground, but has a below average drivetrain in this group, and that could hurt it here

16. Bolt Thower- dangerous weapon, and decent armor for a spinner, but I'm having trouble believing that it can reliably self right, and it's drum spinner is WAY ^^ up there

17. Chewer- It's going to be in a world of hurt against other spinners, but it's underpowered blade can work well for a makeshift flipper

18. Heretic- Sorry Kody, I'm not convinced :v:

19. Copyofcopyofcopy- Unfinished, but I'm a big believer in it's design

20. To Fry or To Fly- More Reasonable Insanity than Backlash. Exposed wheels and stranding will be the bane of this design. And btw, the drone wars were dead before they even started :v:

21. Kamikaze Squad- Again, the drone wars are dead :v: :v: And this melty will have trouble reaching bots with it's short range. It also doesn't help that it has limited stats because *sigh* DRONES!

22. Lifty- Good lifting mechanism, but that's about it and it won't stand a prayer if it gets stuck on its side

23. Crazy Lobster- The Legend!

24. (Peskius) *no bot* Ahem.
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:22 pm

I wonder what my stat will be.
Maybe someone will guess.

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:50 pm

I figure that, since I started this whole thing, I'd better do some preliminary rankings myself, so we'll start with...

<big>Featherweight Rankings</big>

Pot One: The Favourites

Torque Dirty 2 Me - Low and fast, with a really good pressing lifter and tough armour. Best brick in the weight class.

Howler II - Roly poly ball of doom that is going to be really hard for other bots to corral. Hits like a freight train.

Hot Coffee&#33; - Absolutely generic 2WD brick with laserlike control. It should do what it does very well.

Moonraker - That clamping mechanism, combined with a good drive train and solid armour will make this a real pain in the ass.

Pot Two: The Contenders

Xerxes - Nice, shallow 2WD wedge with speed, good control, and an actual weapon of sorts. Not awe inspiring, but will be a tough out.

Firebird - Tough as old boots, and with cool, adjustable, modular weaponry. It might struggle to catch its prey, though.

Drop Zone - I'm not sold on the weapon, but failing that, this is still a damned solid 4WD brick with a hinged wedge.

Heretic - Who knows, but it's Kody, and there has to be a method to his madness.

Pot Three: Quality

Feathergo 2 - Well designed, with crafty wedges, but the weapon is a bit underpowered with all of the bricks in this division.

Neon Rainbow - An honest-to-goodness flipper. The lip's too small though, and while it doesn't wow, it has nice control.

Salamandra - If it works, it'll be brilliant, and could really counter some of the bricks here. 6 body armour and mediocre control, though...

Gaster - Good, quick brick, and while the launch pad is cool, I don't know how often it'll be used. It also lacks torque and has some hard corners.

Pot Four: The Field

Tyrian - The stats look pretty good, but the high design and 'meh' teeth stop this from being quite a top tier spinner.

Chewer - The drum's way underpowered, but this could actually do well simply as a control flipper, especially with that good drive train.

Backstab - This thing has the armour to kill spinners. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the drive train to beat any of the other bricks.

Redneck Alimony Payment - Powerful weapon, and the stats are solid, but the design looks wobbly and the bar is unconvincing.

Pot Five: The Other Guys

Capitol Punishment - Low, wide, and well statted, but the lack of a good wedge is really going to hurt it.

To Fry or To Fly - this is actually not a bad machine, but with bricks that can tank it and spinners that can get to its wheels...

Bot Thrower - Good wedges, decent stats, but the weapon's going to struggle to hit anything being so far back.

CopyOfCopyOfCopy - Control spinner. It could move up, but presently remains unfinished.

Pot Six: The Fringe

Kamikaze Squad - Bots that self-KO rarely do well in ARC.

Lifty - Its control and 2WD wedge will be pretty good, but it's high, boxy, and too slow, with wasted points into its lifter. Lots of room for improvement.

Crazy Lobster - This thing is a legend. Obvious shoe-in to be champ.

(Peskius) - there is no bot, so it's a bit difficult to evaluate, and can't actually win any fights, as things stand now.

<big>Lightweight Rankings</big>

No Exit - Hey, it's a kinda cool fast wedge that can flip. Extra yay.

Captain Trips - Hey, it's a fast wedge that can flip. Yay.

The Debilitator - Monster weapon, tough armour, proven walking mechanism ( :v: )

Translaytor 2 - Tough and very hard-hitting. If it gets to spin up, it gets to win.

Mordor - Well, the blade is actually shorter than the body now, and while it has eight controlled speed and sixteen weapon power, it has to pick between them.

Dead - Deadly horizontal spinner with good stats, but that disc placement is going to make turning a bit iffy.

Pathos R - Blazingly fast, fully invertible, and 2WD

Dat Pup - The Brick of all bricks? Having no pressing wedge kind of hurts it, though. At least it has a hinged one.

Exotherm - Garden variety vertical spinner, but well done. It'll be good at what it does.

Invertigo - It's Pussycat&#33;

Vesta - Its ability to hit behind the plows of some of these bricks will be very valuable, but spinners will eat it alive.

Tidal Wave II - Solid drum spinner that should do...solidly.

Whack Attack - this could be a lot higher, tbh. It's just that the hammer and blade have a really short reach and the drive train is...

Aerial Annihilation - This is a decent little flipper that won't do badly.

Sleipnir - It has everything a brick could need, except chassis armour. Plow stacking to the max.

DumboLITE - Not enough power on the drum, but it's a control spinner, and should do decently in that role.

Psychotic Brick - It'll be tough, but it's really going to struggle with control. Still decent.

Spy vs. Spy - I want to see this do well, but I'm just not sure if we'll have a second Smash Bros.

Mecha-Mouse - This would be a really solid spinner if its weapon had some actual power.

Scylla - It pains me to place it this low because it's a really well done and unique crusher. That said, it's a crusher.

RC2 - The stats look good, but I'm not sure about that low armour, exposed wheels, and narrow jaws and flipper.

Phobos Anomaly - Not enough control, weapon power, or armour, I'm afraid. Thanks, Josh, for making a bot in the spirit of the tournament. :v:

Rushin' Roulette - Not enough power for a FBS, and a somewhat awkward design.

Big Ol' Pusharoo - Hi Box. Did you go on a diet? Looks like you dropped a few pounds.

<big>Middleweight Rankings</big>

Ultraviolence - its one of those melty-hs monsters, but with added damage mitigation. Fuck this thing.

Visual Assault - 11 frontal armour, 8 speed, a perfect control ratio, and a pressing 360 lifter.

Precise Saunter - tank-like armour, a good weapon, and a decent drive train.

Seadevil - Flipper, spinning shell, and axe with 13 power each.

Hugh Mungus - This is just a really good 2WD lifter.

Crash Blossom - perfect control ratio and multifunctionality of its weapon puts it this high.

Harbinger - Need for Speed.

ThrashCoil - A clamper that might actually be able to take on spinners.

Atom: The blade has really nice coverage, and a wide stance should make steering fairly easy.

Rainbow in the Dark - This is a quality 2WD HS. Also, extra points for Dio.

Bunker Buster - damned solid control flipper, but lots of corners...

Sekhmet - Generic vertical spinner, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Remi II - Decent drum spinner with tracks for knockback mitigation.

Jaws - This manages to be that rare really solid dual weapon bot.

DJ Dust-T - so many yummy corners, and the bricks are generally going to be too quick for it to corral and roast.

Rake Against the Machine - This thing looks awesome, but 5 armour is really going to hurt it.

Brittitania - Powerful flipper and solid design, but the drive train and armour are just alright.

DUDE - SO. MANY. CORNERS. Also has a really narrow flipper.

Thallium - The circular wedge is going to be useless, and it might struggle a bit for control, but hey, it's a drum.

Galileo's Voyager - If it hits you... But its shape is REALLY unoptimized and that drivetrain is seriously lacking.

Krill Swarm - This thing is fucking hilarious. I love it.

Flip City Remix - Too long and thin, and will struggle to self-right.

Circuit Breaker - That plow is just begging to be ripped off, it seems to have extra corners for the sake of having them, and its stats aren't great.

Minion Madness - I understand the idea behind it, but with one speed, the flamer bots couldn't catch Mastodon, for cripes' sake.

<big>Heavyweight Rankings</big>: coming soon

The Favourites

Broken Ghost

Baron K. Roolenstien

Turbolulz

The Contenders

Smilodon

Gamma Ray

Hellfire

Pallas

Quality

Bastille

Morbid

Starstruck

Funerary Precession

The Field

Cerberus

Kamikaze Crab Killer

Terminal Velocity Classic

Sheol

The Other Guys

Death Metal

Bass Drop II

Book of Carnage

Reggie

The Fringe

Lacertation

FN2

Catcher in the Rye

Yeager
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:47 am

Hopping on the FW bandwagon.

1. Torque Dirty 2 Me: Solid lifter with the drivetrain to take on bricks and the armor to beat spinners. Expect this to end the tournament with a near-perfect record somewhere deep in playoffs.

2. Hot Coffee&#33;: Super standard brick. Should be very difficult for most of the competition to beat.

3. Howler II: Probably the closest anyone will ever come to making a vertical deathspinner work. I'm a little iffy on its drivetrain, but it should do well regardless.

4. Xerxes: Fast control flipper with a good wedge. The only reason it's not top three is that I don't trust its armor against some of these spinners.

5. Drop Zone: Pretty typical brick, which also drops a brick. Might get screwed over in certain arenas, but it has the drivetrain and armor to compensate.

6. Teacup Tempest: Hello there, Havoc Pigeon.

7. Tyrian: Iffy invertibility, but these things get flipped so rarely that it's not that big of an issue. Otherwise, it's just a powerful melty that should do alright. I expect it'll at least escape the group stage.

8. Neon Rainbow: Flipper shape is iffy, but otherwise it's solid. It might struggle against some faster bots and spinners with good reach.

9. Chewer: The control spinner, done right. Unfortunately, it's up against a tough crowd. Otherwise it'd probably be in my top five.

10. Moonraker: This thing is weird, and weird can go one of two ways here: amazingly, or horribly. This one's kinda on the line for me, but considering the rest of the field, it should at least end with a positive record.

11. Heretic: Blah, forgot this one initially. It's weird, but Kody is full of surprises. Probably will do better than most people expect.

12. Gaster: Bit of an odd weapon combo, but I can see it working. Another case of good bot, tough crowd.

13. Capitol Punishment: The wedge is actually pretty decent, and it has the drivetrain to take advantage of that, but it's really not that convincing. Some fine-tuning for future events may be in order.

14. Firebird: I actually feel bad about putting this one so low. Unfortunately, five speed on a clamper doesn't usually end well, and the spinner module isn't powerful enough to counterbalance that. The things it can beat, it will absolutely demolish, but most other things will probably curbstomp it.

15. Feathergo 2: Armor's too low for my taste, and the bricks are too fast for it to reliably beat flanking strategies.

16. Redneck Alimony Payment: Pretty decent stat-wise, but that bar is... let's say unconvincing.

17. Salamandra: Great design, not so great stats. The armor bonus to the top of its wedge leaves the lower, farther forward part of the wedge with only six armor, so spinners will tear it apart. Furthermore, it lacks the control ratio that dustpan-style designs desperately need to stay competitive against rammers.

18. Backstab: Lots of armor, sure, but weak to vertical spinners that can toss it up. No, the gaps between the spikes are not anywhere near wide enough to catch a tooth from a vertical disc, and even if they were, the disc's momentum would free the tooth instantly. Also weak to flanking.

19. Bolt Thrower: The disc is set too far in to be very effective, and it really needs more armor.

20. Upsie Daisy: I love the name. I don't believe in the lifter. The bot's likely to upend itself rather than its opponent.

21. CopyofCopyofCopy: Well, it has teeth now...

22. To Fry or To Fly: Nevermind the fact that the drone has too many points for the main bot to hit 28, it's just not fast enough to pull off the vertical spinner's usual gameplan.

23. Kamikazi Squad: No.

24. Crazy Lobster: Waaaaaay too slow to be a clamper, has no wedge and not enough armor.

<hr />
LW is ready&#33;

1. No Exit: It has the drivetrain and flipper for dealing with bricks, and it has few corners and enough armor to deal with most of the spinners. I think it'll be a real pain in the backside to deal with.

2. Captain Trips: Classic wedge design with armor and drivetrain to match No Exit. These two are interchangeable, really. No Exit got number one because I think it's better suited for dealing with bricks, but even then, just barely.

3. Psychotic Brick: ...how did this get up here? Well... actually, I'm not sure. Probably something to do with the stupidly high armor and speed bordering on GOTTA GO FAST level.

4. Dat Pup: I don't quite trust its wedge, but it's fast and sturdy. Solid design overall.

5. Translaytor 2: The main issue Translaytor ran into back in Ruination was that it didn't have enough armor to deal with other spinners. That's been fixed this time around. Yes, 1WD melty is a thing in real life :v:

6. Dead: Powerful spinner. It does have enough of a weapon armor disparity to cause it to not reach full speed late in the match, but even at partial speed it's still menacing.

7. Whack Attack: This bot was built to punish armor-stacking bricks. It might struggle against some dedicated spinners, but otherwise, with good driving to back it up, it's looking pretty good.

8. Pathos R: I like the speed. I like the wedge. I like the traction. I don't like that it's a full body lifter. I also don't like that it only hits 9 armor and has flat-ish sides for spinners to take advantage of.

9. Mordor: So, according to the new melty rules, this only has 2 translational speed, not 8. You'd think the TO would know that :v: At any rate, it is still pretty powerful and has 360 degree coverage.

10. Spy vs. Spy: Quite a bit of the field is weak to swarm tactics, and this has the tools to take full advantage. Quite a bit of the field is also not weak to swarming and/or has quite a bit of armor, so it lands right in the middle here.

11. The Debilitator: Very powerful, but I'm not feeling its maneuverability. It's already a walker, and now we're bringing vertical spinner gyro forces into the equation. If it hits, it'll probably win the fight, but that's a big if to me.

12. Vesta: I'm not really convinced by the weapon, but it has a decent wedge in the back and might pick up a few lucky KOs. Possible dark horse.

13. RC2: You know what? I've seen worse. If scorpion's driving shapes up, this could actually go pretty far, I think.

14. Exotherm: It's pretty. It's well statted. I just don't think it has many good matchups in this field.

15. DumboLITE: Not bad, not great either.

16. Invertigo: This thing's one of those "amazing or terrible" designs. I'm not 100% sold on it, but feel free to prove me wrong.

17. Sleipnir: Other bricks will shove it all over, and while spinners won't do much to the front wedge, the moment they hit something else... eugh.

18. Tidal Wave II: Definitely an improvement from the previous version, but the field's looking pretty rough.

19. Arial Annihilation: Probably not enough armor.

20. Mecha-Mouse: Not enough weapon to be effective.

21. Scylla: It has potential, but... it's a crusher. Prove me wrong, I guess.

22. Rushin' Roulette: Reminds me of Klarinette 1.0/Driger Slash.

23. Phobos Anomaly: 5 armor, no wedges, weak hammers... I don't think it'll do very well.

24. Big Ol Pusharoo: No wedge, almost no speed, <del>and it's actually under the stat cap</del> this correction does not improve its odds :v:

<hr />
MW

1. Harbinger: Lots of speed, lots of torque, lots of wedge. I like it.

2. Crash Blossom: Well-designed, perfect control, and the rear plow bonus saves it from the spinners

3. Visual Assault: We're gonna have to start making obnoxious paint jobs cost weapon points :v:

4. Ultraviolence: Spin2Win, motherfuckers.

5. Hugh Mungus: playzooki has a habit of entering really solid designs and then wondering why they do so well. I don't get it.

6. Bunker Buster: The low torque has me concerned that it won't ever reach top speed, and it's missing a point, but it's a solid flipper regardless.

7. ThrashCoil: I like the Red Devil style grabbing/lifting setup.

8. Sekhmet: Pretty traditional vertical spinner. Should do well.

9. Rainbow in the Dark: I don't know how its control ratio is gonna play out, but otherwise it's a standard horizontal spinner.

10. Atom: Pretty much interchangeable with RitD, but it's lower because of the weapon difference.

11. Remi II: Improved for sure, but I'm not convinced just yet.

12. DJ Dus-T: Yeah... this is an optimistic placement. No way in hell this escapes the group stage.

13. Seadevil: I see a massive potential flaw. Its success (or lack thereof) will depend on how quickly other people point it out.

14. Brititannia: The spelling made me do a double-take. Anyway, we've seen how 6 speed front-hinged flippers go on ARC. Escape Plan sends commiserations in advance.

15. Circuit Breaker: Probably should be higher, but the speed/traction gap is concerning me.

16. Minion Madness: The only reason this is above Krill Swarm is the flippers.

17. Krill Swarm: Fuck right off with that :P

18. Precise Saunter: Maybe I missed something here. I like the design, and the armor will help against spinners, but the weapon won't be able to do much half the time. Also, you're missing a point :P

19. Flip City Remix: I'm not feeling it. Nice theme, though :P

20. Rake Against the Machine: Please tell me I read the armor stat wrong.

21. D.U.D.E.: Improved from the last version, but so many corners.

22. Jaws: It's actually not terrible, but a lot of the field has the tools to beat it outright.

23. Thallium: Circular skirts don't work all that well, especially when they're in a single piece.

24. Galileo's Voyager: Still suffers some of the major problems it had in Showbots, but the 2WD definitely makes the wedge better.

<hr />
Skipping HW and going straight into an abridged SHW because time constraints

1. YOU DIED

2. Lifter 2

3. Endgame

4. Ceres

5. Bonzi Buddy

6. Atomic Doom

7. Noise

8. Steelvor

9. Euphoberia Ferox

10. The 4 Elements

11. Red Snake of Death

12. Sleeper Stimulant

13. Uridium

14. Viluy II

15. MechaVertZilla

16. Elios

17. It

18. XIII

19. Meatball

20. Stevomobile

21. Lawn Mower

22. Pegasus Device

23. Nah Man, Don't Put Your Hand In That

24. TAT
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:13 am

All righty...

I WILL EDIT THESE INTO RANKINGS LATER:

Neon Rainbow: A quick, agile, and powerful flipper with an effective wedge. This will do well against bricks and some spinners. However, 9 armor means a hit to the sides from some spinners could be dangerous.

Howler II: On one hand, it has a devastating weapon and its shape means it will just bounce around and be nearly impossible for control-based bots to attack or immobilize. However, I'd like to point out that to touch the ground the tracks have to stick out farther than the weapon bars, one good hit will destroy one of them, and they aren't placed that far apart compared to a full-body drum.

Xerxes: Very fast, maneuverable, and durable, especially since the wedge is so shallow it will be nearly impossible for spinners to bite into. While the weapon isn't that powerful, it doesn't need to be with the hazards in the CBC arenas. This will be hard to beat.

Drop Zone: Well, quite honestly dropping a small magnet in a big arena isn't going to do anything even if it sticks - and I think half the floors aren't even magnetic. The weapon's pretty much useless. Fortunately, unlike its inspiration Black Ass, it's a very fast wedgebot that most of the field will struggle to damage, so it can still do well.

Heretic: Fast but poorly controlled. Weak weapon, absurdly weak armor. Really? In a competition full of powerful hazards? The bots with powerful weapons will destroy it, the control-based bots will use the hazards and housebots to destroy it. If this makes the playoffs I will eat a setscrew live on video.

Chewer: Another in British-Robotic's line of vertical spinners with underpowered weapons and not enough armor. It's fast enough that it might have a chance of controlling matches against bricks, but spinners can shred it.

Torque Dirty 2 Me: Very quick and powerful, decent lifter, and will be pretty much spinner-proof.

Salamandra: 6-3 speed/traction seems a little low for a robot with a fairly precision-based weapon, and I'm not sure how much damage a 7 power saw will do. With the flamethrower removed and a point added to traction and the saw it might've been decent, but right now it seems mediocre.

Hot Coffee: Another good-looking brick.

Copyofcopyofcopy: Ineffective wedge, not enough traction, not enough armor, not enough disc. Hopefully Shaba will have a new render and better stats by the start of the tournament, but otherwise this one's going straight to the recycle bin.

Gaster: Bricks gonna brick. Admittedly this one might be OOTA-capable in some arenas.

Backstab: Very durable, but its design is kind of awkward and it won't have the easiest time actually controlling spinners. It also isn't quite as fast and powerful as the other bricks and having those heavy spikes in the back impedes its pushing ability.

Firebird: Lol, it's my robot. But this thing could be very dangerous: it's so heavily-armored that damaging it will be very difficult, and while its speed is mediocre, if it can catch an opponent the friction drill is powerful enough to punch through 11 armor in 12 seconds, after which it has the potential to OHKO. Another factor is that the opponents with awkward shapes which are hard to catch with the drill mostly have mediocre armor and speed, making them vulnerable to the spinner configuration.

Capitol Punishment: one of the slower bricks, although clamp/dustpan should be fairly effective, and it has good armor.

Bolt Thrower: A decent spinner, but have you seen all the goddamn fast wedges in this class?

Redneck Alimony Payment: Nice spinner. I think the 11-armor bricks will give it trouble, especially with its low speed, but it is decently armored for a spinner and probably won't get one-shotted by hazards.

Tyrian: Good power melty. However, it's kinda tall meaning coining and other instability could be a problem, and its teeth won't be much use at high speeds. 10 armor should be fine for hazards, but might be vulnerable to the other spinners.

Kamikaze Squad: A five-power flamethrower on a drone, and THREE of them, could actually be dangerous. Unfortunately, the main bot will self-destruct after five hits (or with 6 armor be destroyed by anything with a destructive weapon much sooner), and I'm pretty sure drones and minibots don't count towards the "must immobilize all components" category, or at least they shouldn't since they're almost impossible to hit.

Feathergo 2: It's not exactly a bad design, but half of this damn field is spinner-killers.

Lifty: ...easy corner damage from horizontal spinners, too slow to keep up with bricks, and will get stuck on its side. Nope.

To Fry or to Fly: Spinner's slow and has no wedge, so will struggle against bricks. It will at least not self-destruct, and the drone could be a significant factor, but more powerful spinners could still take the main bot out fairly quickly.

Moonraker: Quick clampbot, decent armor. However, I don't see how it will lift anything without overbalancing, and the big spatula could get warped. Traction is also a tad low.

Crazy Lobster: It's back, 7x lighter, and 0% less useful because 0/7 is still 0.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:39 am

get that camera ready then hdit :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:58 am

Neon Rainbow: a flipper normal could be effective but it don't help when most other robots can self right

Howler II: rams can't ram it, but 1 good shot and those treads will be gone

Xerxes: it has a lot going in its favour but its can only win if can get a good flip and some robots can escape it

Drop Zone: a magnetic brick will not do much and the wheels can be undercut and is 3 toque enough?

Heretic: is the robot i call to do a big shock

Chewer: the weapon is to weak and it can't self right

Torque Dirty 2 me. fast but i question its weaponry and the effectiveness of it

Salamandra: the anit wedge spinner can hit hte weak tops of all robots if it can drive

Hot Coffee: when it gets turned over it's all over

Copyofcopyofcopy: get stuck on your back alot

Gaster: the bookies fav to win

Backstab: exposed wheels are you mad

Firebird:he must be annoyed he may not get the chance to use his crusher

Capitol Punishment: a good brick awful weaponry.

Bolt Thrower: effective last time will it be again

Redneck Alimony Payment: a large bar spinner the chould take to long to get started

Tyrian: can it move? no really when it spins i can't move i think

Kamikaze Squad: its only drones as its main bot can't do much and those magnets will do nothing

Feathergo 2: god dam not this machine again but with more spinners it may not repeat its pressure drop run

Lifty: uhm... hope you lick being suck on your sides

To Fry or to Fly: its backlash and its invertible

Moonraker: ineffective agents most spinners and will get flipped to easy

Crazy Lobster: flip it

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:27 am

They're not exposed Pat, they've got wheelguards, I'm all good. I could say the same about yours tho :v:
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha Robotics - Embrace the carnage!]

tune in next time on ARC when I one-up Boto by posting my vast collection of Thomas The Tank Engine hentai on the Discord :V -HFL

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:55 am

Team Covenant Featherweight Picks

1. Hot Coffee&#33; - A dearth of dedicated flippers and lifters means that this guy can reign supreme, pretty much. There are a few, but only Xerxes could really give this guy problems. And speaking of which...

2. Xerxes - Weak flipper, and a narrow range for the arm. That's really the only problems I can find with it. What a brickhouse.

3. Torque Dirty 2 Me - I hate this thing. It looks ugly (opinion&#33;) and it's just another Breaker Box clone. That said... it's a Breaker Box clone. Those things are understandably tough.

4. Drop Zone - Geez, this really is the class for bricks, huh? I'm not entirely convinced by the weapon, but hey I'm partnering up with it so I must have some faith in it. :V In any case it's got stats that do it justice.

5. Howler - Yeah, this is king of the spinners here. It's got a couple weaknesses in its slow speed and mediocre range, but... if you get hit, man... it's like Dantu all over again.

6. Moonraker - Good thing this bot has absurd torque. The moment it tries to lift something, it's going to lift its rear end off the ground instead. Nothing at the rear to balance the weight out, you see. It's still a bitch to fight though. Fuck you and your high-armoured bots. :v:

7. Heretic - I hate to be 'that guy' but I think people are really underestimating this bot. It's fast, can hit with 12 power, and can thwack things long enough to get its blade back to speed. That said, the high-armour bricks will probably own it.

8. Redneck Alimony Payment - It didn't need the extra torque point really, but god that weapon is scary. It looks a little unwieldy though.

9. Neon Rainbow - This guy would be lower if I didn't see the "Also there's a sort of weelie-wedge at the back that prevents the bot from flipping backwards when it fires the flipper." bit. :v: He's gonna have a lot of trouble getting things onto the flipper, but he can hang tough.

10. Salamandra - Not much is getting under the wedge, but many can dodge the front. Can they dodge the saw? Or the flamethrower?

11. Gaster - IF BOB RPS FOR THE BOT, IT COULD DO WELL. :v: Launchpad flipper like Red Square. Not a fan of those wedge teeth though.

12. Bolt Thrower - Hey guys, it's Biteforce in spinner mode ready to fuck shit up again. ;)

13. Chewer - Bolt Thrower except with a weaker weapon and better drivetrain.

14. Firebird - It's going to have massive trouble getting any of its weaponry into play. It's armoured to shit and back, but that's not going to help it against faster bots. I like the drill, though. We need more drills&#33;

15. Feathergo 2 - God, I... I love the render, but 12 weapon and not enough speed to get it in play anywhere than an opponent's front end is just asking for trouble. Blah. At least it has torque, but I'm very dubious on the "pressing" skirts. He's 4WD...

16. Tyrian - It's really high up and has D-REZ teeth. That's about all I can say.

17. Capitol Punishment - It's not getting under anything. Well, maybe except spinners. Or Shaba's bot. Guh.

18. Backstab - This thing also needs a proper wedge. Also, more torque would have been so much better.

19. To Fry Or To Fly - ...actually that is a decent spinner. But yeah, stats are rather underwhelming, and... drone. :v:

20. Kamikazi Squad - It's barely going to move while spinning and doesn't have the power to really do much to... almost anything. Plus... drones are drones. :v:

21. CopyofCopyofCopy - ...this doesn't have any teeth... it's a grinding wheel. Plus, no real wedge.

22. Crazy Lobster - ...yeah.

23. (Peskius) - Hi.

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:39 pm

ARGH

i mean

featherweight predictions :v:

1) Torque Dirty 2 Me
It's Square Wave, only much more cheap&#33; Good enough drivetrain to keep up with most others, should out-wedge most wedges and tank most big hitters.

2) Xerxes
Fast, manouverable and well-armoured. Wedge should be solid, and decent Torque behind it. Flipper opens the wrong way for my liking, but having a proper weapon puts it ahead of the other brick-y rammers.

3) Drop Zone
Very solid brick rammer with additional bonus brick. Less manouverable than Hot Coffee&#33;, and the wedge might not be as effective, but it should work inverted. Tough call between the two, but I give this the nod.

4) Hot Coffee&#33;
Very good Speed, 2WD manouverability and perfect control. Add plenty Armour and an effective wedge - as long as it's the right way up - and this could be a strong contender.

5) Howler II
Slow, pretty much impossible to turn, and the tracks might be vulnerable with only 8 Armour, but ludicrous Weapon power and range means it'll likely be okay. Should definitely net a few KO's during its run.

6) Moonraker
Lacking control, and slow jaws that won't work inverted, but high Speed and enough Torque to commandeer an opponent it's got a hold of. Should be one tricky customer in the arena.

7) Gaster
Could do with another point or two in Torque, but good speedy drivetrain aside from that, good wedging capability, good Armour...just an all around good bot. Could go far.

8) Neon Rainbow
Quite small and steep flipper, but a solid drivetrain and a good amount of Armour should help keep this one in contention. Might upset one of the top seeds somewhere down the line.

9) Redneck Alimony Payment
A pretty standard undercutting spinner design. Extra Torque point might be a bit pointless without a wedge to utilise it, but it should have a decent run.

10) Heretic
Unfortunately, I'm not sold on the HS/thwack combo. Lowest Armour in the division doesn't help either. Still, it's Kody, so he probably knows what
he's doing.

11) Salamandra
Normally I'd think 6 Speed was a bit slow for this bot type, but its manouverability should compensate. Weapon and Armour might be a bit lacking, but I'll gladly be proven wrong.

12) Firebird
No or slow AF self-righting, and average or no wedges. Could cause some good damage if it gets a hold of opponents, though, and more than enough Armour to keep going. Variable spinner height bumps this up a little.

13) Bolt Thrower
Weapon is far too small to get involved properly, and there isn't enough drivetrain to compensate for that. Wedge is decent, though, so it could get some good hits in here and there.

14) Feathergo 2
Weapon and wedges might be a little lacking in effectiveness, but it's decent enough aside from that. Will probably make most of its opponent work to defeat it, but I'm not sure it can win often enough.

15) Chewer
Jack of all trades, master of none. Decent enough drivetrain to keeps its weapon in the face of its opponents, but aside from that there's nothing to really hang its hat on.

16) Capitol Punishment
Dustpan it a bit small for my liking, plus the wedge isn't a wedge (Artistic license, Josh? =P) but it has a good stat spread behind it. Could spring a few surprises.

17) Tyrian
Could cause some decent damage, but the tall and unstable design might work against it. Also makes it much less effective inverted, and liable to get side-stranded.

18) Backstab
Fairly average rammer. Small and slow lifter, and the back assembly will hurt if it's gotten under from the front. More than enough Armour to tank spinners, though, so could score a win or two.

19) To Fry Or To Fly
Drone seems too uncontrolled to be of much consequence, but the main bot could cause some damage with its spinner and un-strand-able-ness. Could cause an upset or two.

20) Kamikazi Squad
Slow moving, and 6 Armour is a little bit mediocre. Drones might be a bit of a pain if they get involved, but they'd be easily outrun, I think.

21) CopyofCopyofCopy
Wedge will not be effective, sadly, and it doesn't look like the disc has any teeth. Decent Speed, and could push a few other bots around, but little upside past that.

22) Lifty
Good control and Armour, but the wedge is too steep to get under much, and it's very liable to get side-stranded. I can't see this doing too well, I'm afraid.

23) Crazy Lobster
Slow, not invertible, and no wedges. Will be in trouble against most non-spinners. Armour likely won't hold out against most spinners either. Also why have you given it 6 Torque :v
Last edited by NFX on Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:54 pm

fw rankings

1-Gaster:
2-Howler II:
3-Xerxes:
4-Heretic:
5-toque dirty 2 me
6-bolt thrower
7-Feathergo 2:
8-Firebird:
9-Hot Coffee:
10-Capitol Punishment:
11-Salamandra:
12-Drop Zone:
13-Neon Rainbow:
14-To Fry or to Fly:
15-Redneck Alimony Payment:
16-Teacup Tempes
17-Chewer:
18-Backstab:
19-Tyrian:
20-Moonraker:
21-Copyofcopyofcopy:
22-upsey daisy
23-Crazy Lobster:
24-Kamikaze Squad:

my rankings for the light wights

1-Captain Trips
2- Dat Pup
3-The Debilitator
4-dead
5-No Exit
6-Tidal Wave II
7-Invertigo
8-Pathos R
9-Whack Attack
10-DumboLITE
11- Mordor
12-Spy VS. Spy
13-rc 2
14-Exotherm
15-Sleipnir&#33;
15-Vesta
17--Mecha-Mouse
18-Scylla
19-Phobos Anomaly
20- Psychotic Brick
21- Arial Annihilation
22-Unknown Quantity
23-Translaytor 2
24-Big Ol Pusharoo

middlewights
1-Visual Assault
2-jaws
3-Rake Against The Machine
4-ThrashCoil
5-Atom
6-Circuit Breaker
7-Galileo's Voyager
8-DJ Dus-T
9-Ultraviolence
10-Crash Blossom
11-Hugh Mungus
12-Harbinger
13-Remi II
14-D.U.D.E
15-Rainbow in the Dark
16-bunker buster
17-Brititannia
18-Sekhmet
19-minion madness
20-Krill Swarm
21-Flip City Remix
22-Precise Saunter
23- Seadevil
24-Thallium

heavywight
1-Hellfire
2-Terminal Velocity Classic
3-morbid
4-Broken Ghost
5-catcher in the rye
6-Sheol
7-Death Metal
8-36
9- FN2: The Second One
10-Smilodon
11-Laceration
12-Turbolulz
13-Gamma Ray
14-The Book of Carnage
15-Cerberus
16-Kamikaze Krab Killer
17- Starstruck
18-Bass Drop II
19-Baron K. Roolenstien
20-Pallas
21-Yeager
22- Reggie
23-Bastille
24-Funerary Precession

superheavywight
1-Ceres
2-Elios
3-bonzi buddy
4-Lifter 2: Electric Boogaloo
5-Steelvor
6-The 4 Elements
7-Pegasus device
8-Nah Man, Don't Put Your Hand In That
9-YOU DIED
10-XIII
11-Endgame
12- Lawn Mower
13-Noise
14-MechaVertZilla
15-Uridium
16- It
17-Viluy II
18-Red Snake of Death
19- Euphoberia Ferox
20-Atomic Doom
21- Sleeper Stimulant
22- Stevomobile
23-Meatball
24- TAT

edited added new robots and fw robots
Last edited by patrickrowberry on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:52 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 22 2016, 10:55 AM</dd></dl><div>It looks ugly (opinion&#33;)[/quote]Right, Heretic's just earned itself a beating by way of you insulting my paintjob. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:02 pm

<big>Small announcement:</big>

For the sake of not having ranking skewed by personal biases and inexperience, we're going to be following the Olympic system of judging (and I don't mean the bribery and corruption). The highest and lowest results will be discarded to ensure that outliers don't affect the rankings too much.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Sep 22 2016, 01:52 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 22 2016, 10:55 AM</dd></dl><div>It looks ugly (opinion&#33;)[/quote]Right, Heretic's just earned itself a beating by way of you insulting my paintjob. :v:[/quote]Okay ugly. :v: