FRR: Backlash prediction thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:15 pm

Part 3: Heavyweights

1)Pursuit- Too fast for the rest of the crowd with enough armor to tackle the spinners and a heavy wedge to control the flippers. I don't see much beating this.
2)Klarinette- STOP ENTERING THIS :v:
3)Smilodon- This was a perfect season to enter Stingray and it shows. Definitely the best of Brian's fleet and I think it could even make the final with enough strategy.
4)The Arbiter- The spatula flipper keeps things from angling into it, and it has skirts all over. It'll do well.
5)Chimera v2- Low wedge, stability due to the 4WD and a clever top armor bonus. Not much should get through this.
6)Cloak & Dagger- It's pretty much a HW Public Enemies and should do as such.
7)Sparkster- Fast enough, with solid armor and quick turning due to being only 2WD. I expect good things from this Rocket Knight spin-off.
8)Compound Fracture- Hi there Original Sin!
9)Escape Plan- Literally an ABR wedge on wheels. A little slow, but its shape and armor should offset that.
10)Dr. Feelgood- Another clever design with a lot of armor that would be higher if its crusher could pierce anything, but everyone has fucktons of armor this season.
11)Tellu- Solid enough to break even at least, but it's a tiny bit too slow to consistently beat the faster robots. Kody will probably RP this better than I've placed it :v:
12)Morbid- Another decent robot that loses out because its wedge doesn't look as effective as the ones above it.
13)Hypothermia- Slow, but that's offset by the turret. A nice "mighty glacier" design whose only weakness is fast armored bricks. Oh, guess what everyone else entered...
14)Infrared- It's decent enough, but there's so many bricks in the class I'm not sure how well it will do.
15)Halberd- Solid shape, lots of anti-wedge skirts and a nasty axe. No real flaws here, just a little slow.
16)The Rainbow Dasher- Literal mountains of torque and a decent enough design to win a few fights over the season, just don't expect it to make playoffs.
17)Bass Drop- It'd be better if it could rotate 360 degrees. Right now it's a decent, design without enough speed or wedge to really bring its weapon into play too often. I love the drum-hammer though so I'd love to see Zach take another swing at this idea.
18)Loadout- Decent design with some interesting ideas, but it's a little too slow to bring those forks into play, and it doesn't have enough armor to withstand much of anything.
19)Landkreuzer P1000- It'll fuck up spinners, but it won't get under anything with that tiny-ass wedge.
20)Undertow 2- Well-armored but a bit too slow to take on the field. It also has really high ground clearance at the sides.
21)Golden Blaze 2016- It isn't a terrible design, but it just doesn't have too many good matchups here. Lots of fast, well-armored bricks.
22)Annihilation- It'll explode too fast to do much of anything in this crowd.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu May 05, 2016 10:20 pm

Team Covenant - Predictions

<big>Part 1 - Lightweights</big>

1. BlackRose (it's pretty fast, it has a lifter, it's armoured enough to tank spinners. The very quintessence of the lifter robot. I'm probably gonna get shit for putting my own robot here but I don't really feel much can beat it so come at me bros :v: )
2. Venice Queen (this was ranked above BlackRose until I realized Gabe changed the lifter into a flipper. :P Without the lifter it loses the leverage it had against BlackRose and other lifters, and is susceptible to be gotten under by them. It is fucking FAST though, and well armoured so it remains in the top 2 easily)
3. Frequency (returning for another shot at the title. Despite the slowish speed, I think he can hold his own)
4. Pyrite (I like Pyrite but I think the stats could have been a little bit better, Venice Queen and BlackRose can likely get under his wedge and he can't really do much to them. Even Rosebud has more advantages)
5. Public Enemies (I like this thing. It could probably beat all the bricks in the class, but most of the spinners should be able to take this thing down. Most of them :v: )
6. Rosebud (I'm not convinced those little nubs are good enough leverage to get under things, but the shape helps stave off spinners so I like it)
7. Veto (Frequency without wedges. Despite the fact it needs them, it should do decently here. Except against the armoured things. With wedges :v: )
8. Tormentor (I actually like this guy a lot, despite the fact Playzooki doesn't know the Boolean commands in Rhino yet :v: I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though. Many bots can get around him, but he only really needs a few hits. Sometimes he'll get 'em, sometimes he won't. Lack of front armour bonus will probably hurt him)
9. Mineswept Away (holy shit, 7 speed, traction, torque and above-average armour&#33; The thing I'm worried about is if a spinner or axe can hit those exposed tires...)
10. Zadkiel (average spinner, doesn't make him any less dangerous. Heavy wedge can probably get under stuff, but there's a lot of armoured stuff here, and more powerful weapons)
11. O'Malley (eh, I'm not sold on dual-bar spinners, sadly. But he is definitely powerful. What he isn't, however, is fast :v: )
12. Skate (this thing looks fucking cool, but unfortunately he's going to be going almost nowhere thanks to the lone point he dropped in weapon. And he's still going to take a while to get up to speed. Front plow? Where's your control, buddy? It's too bad though, because I really want this thing to do well. It's cool. I LIKE COOL ROBOTS.)
13. The Smiler (the extra torque is needless. Could have put that into speed and he'd have been much better. Zadkiel and O'Malley can likely outlast this thing)
14. Tidal Wave (decent spinner, but some lack of control will hurt it, especially since it's a vertical spinner)
15. Game Over (it sucks putting a faster bot here, but too many robots can either get under him with ease, or hit him in on a corner that will probably fuck him up something fierce)
16. Icepick Lobotomy (not sold on the front prongs, and the axe head could have been bigger; many bots can block it just by driving up the wedge; the shaft will hit before the head does. :v: )
17. Promethean Fire (reminds me of when I entered Scarab into FRR5 :v: The exact same stats too, pretty much. Pity it's not going to hit much... :( )
18. Powerdrive Jr (I liked it better when it was more weapon dependent. It could turn some heads but right now everything else does it what it can, but better)
19. Pelican (waaaaaaay too thin, like I said before. But it's swift enough that it gets kept from the bottom)
20. Tortoise (much too slow, bit narrow, one or two hits around the flipper and he's done)
21. Cheatbot (sadly, this thing can get way too easily outflanked, and it doesn't have enough weapon power to do much)
22. RC (I have nothing good to say about this thing, so I won't bother)
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu May 05, 2016 11:59 pm

Part 2 of my predictions.

Heavyweights: Redemption Conference The bots in this conference are all really similar so I'm just pulling numbers out of my ass.

1. Compound Fracture. Fast and maneuverable lifter, and the spinners will really have trouble with it. Gets the edge along with Arbiter because the rest of the division is fairly weak. Not needing to spend time self-righting could be crucial.

2: The Arbiter. Fast flipper, good armor. However, it isn't invertible, and when a lot of its opponents are fast enough to get underneath you while you're self-righting, that's important in match control. Also, could actually be in trouble against GB or Annhilation if they manage a corner hit.

3: Pursuit. Blistering speed, but no active weapon.

4: Morbid. Fast, good flipper. Might get eaten by the spinners but there's only 3 of them.

5: Smilodon. Not sure how much the keepaway bar will do, and the lifter is painfully slow, but it is pretty fast and maneuverable.

6: Annihilation. It will kill itself in 3 hits. OTOH, half the field won't survive three hits.

7: Golden Blaze. Decent-looking ring spinner, but the field is very well-armored, and its low ground clearance could make it vulnerable to being high-centered.

8: Infrared. It's a drumbot without a feeder wedge, and it's facing a field of mostly well-armored wedgebots.

9: Bass Drop. The hammer looks pretty destructive, but the speed-traction balance could be a weakness. Corners are vulnerable to spinners, but there really aren't many.

10: Loadout. Well, the hammer ain't doing much to this field, but it might be useful as a clampbot.

11: Rainbow Dasher. Ehh, decent stats, but the flipper's pretty steep, the shape is awkward, and also the driver is a bit inconsistent.

Heavyweights: Reckoning Conference

1: Klarinette. If Breaker Box had tracks and even more spinner-resistant corners, it would look like this. Looks very promising.

2: Chimera v2. It's fast, it's low, it flips, it's invertable, and it can drive backwards off an enemy wedge.

3: Cloak and Dagger. Multibot, but both are pretty fast. Actually has a chance since the division has no spinners.

4: Escape Plan. Front Hinged Pride&#33;

5: Sparkster. Fast, decent flipper, well-armored.

6: Tellu. Weapon's powerful and drivetrain's okay, but one trip over the killsaws could end it.

7: Landkreuzer P1000. no active weapon, and the front wedge doesn't look terribly effective.

8: Halberd. Well, the drive isn't terrible, and some of the bots in here will take damage from its hammer.

9: Hypothermia. Actual weapon power is 10 because of the turret, which will struggle to deal with a lot of the robots in here. It would have been better with a fixed hammer and omni drive.

10: Undertow. A long body, a mediocre drivetrain, and a heavy shock absorber behind the wheels taking weight of its wedge means it will have a hard time ever using its flipper.

11: Dr. Feelgood. 6 speed, 2 traction, slow srimech (since it's linked to a crusher which is by default slow), and if it ever does get under an opponent 9 weapon power can't pierce them.

Superheavyweights: Carnage Conference

1: Captain N.R.K. Unlike many walking spinners it actually works. 15 weapon is plenty to destroy most robots, and it's going to be almost impossible to KO unless it somehow gets high-centered.

2: Airtime Extreme. Fast, strong armor, and a powerful flipper.

3: Montgomery Yellow Jesus. Fast brick with a nice decorative flamethrower. Still a solid machine.

4: Chemical Explosion V2. A nasty-looking HS, if a bit of a glass cannon.

5: Midnight Pathos. Holy shit it's fast, and a lifter, and hard to high-center. Only real weakness is the 15-weapon spinners will tear up its wedge after a few hits.

6: Uppercut V2. Two weapons, each... useful, but its traction isn't great. Also it has boxy corners in a conference with a bunch of spinners, several of which can one-shot it.

7: Danger Noodle. I'm regretting entering this. The drum is basically impossible to destroy, but the wheels are chewy and because the wheels are also the weapon supports if one gets removed it can't spin without bouncing all around the arena. Also will bounce off wedges.

8: Pegasus Device. Not great traction, crusher won't do much, but the lifter's pretty powerful and shields the robot from spinners.

9: Hysteria. Slow. Also not the best armor. "Hooray for lexan&#33;" means the arena, guys.

10: Driger Slash. Counter-rotating weapons are kinda derpy, and none of its stats really stands out. Won't do that well against wedges or against other spinners.

11: Allahu Ackbar. AKA the one-hit wonder. It's so slow it can't really juke people, so EVERYONE will be able to get a flat-surface hit and survive while it disintegrates itself, unless they royally fuck up their RP.

Superheavyweights: Aftermatch Conference

1: Khnum. Another extremely fast goatbot.

2: Dat Dog 2. Brick. Still has decent drivetrain as well.

3: Final boss. Fast, very low to the ground, decent flipper.

4: Archetype. Very powerful invertable drumbot.

5: Bloodlust. Shit, that bar looks deadly, and a lot of the robots here aren't well-adapted to fight horizontal spinners. On the other hand, those that are can completely ignore its attacks.

6: Terminal Velocity. A brick with attachments to turn it into an even brickier brick.

7: Mega Plowdozer. Why is the lifter even powered? Oh well, fast and will nope all the spinners, but doesn't look great at getting under stuff.

8: D'Artagnan. Deadly omni-drive hammer, but no armor.

9: Sundown Ranger. Hammerbot. Decent all-round stats. Plow isn't that strong though.

10: Fourth Horseman. That fancy spaced armor... actually, it will stop hammers unless they attack from the front and risk getting flipped. But only taking one spinner hit on that side isn't that good if you can't get a KO yourself.

11: Minion. not great traction, and doesn't look invertable.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:08 am

To correct you on Minion, the body is hinged to the rear wheel axle, so it can run inverted that way.
Team Ignition

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:29 am

Part 4: Superheavyweights

1)Khnum- Gabe does it again with his blazing fast bricks. Top armor is lacking but he thought ahead and packed some anti-axe extensions. What can beat this???
2)Midnight Pathos- Fast as hell with a plow and all sorts of cool stuff. It's a little rudimentary but as long as Mystic RPs well this is a contender.
3)Final Boss- Speed, armor, control, this has it all. And a low-as-shit flipper.
4)Mega Plowdozer- Armor everywhere, and a plow that can press into the ground. This'll do well.
5)Montgomery Yellow Jesus- It's a fast wedge. That's all it needs.
6)Captain N.R.K.- I'm not even going to acknowledge that this exists.
7)Sundown Ranger- Good all-rounder with a solid axe but not the class he would have liked to fight in.
8)Airtime Extreme- Essentially the same stats as Final Boss but with a more Bronco-esque design. It suffers from Rascal Syndrome but other than that it's solid.
9)Uppercut v2- I really like this, actually. Fast, well-armored, and a decent flipper. Little wedge protection but I see a dark horse here.
10)Dat Dog- 8WD will hinder it to a degree, but it's still a very solid robot in general.
11)Bloodlust- Generic spinner which will hit hard but lose to all the armor in this class.
12)Terminal Velocity- A spinner's worst nightmare but it has no way to take on other wedges.
13)Fourth Horseman- Slow for a brick but torquey and has those nice shields on the side to fight hammers and spinners. Also has a pretty solid flipper. Dubious on the self-righting though.
14)Archetype- Solid enough as a vertical spinner, just not much it can really fight without being at a disadvantage.
15)In the Red Square, Minion&#33;- Just a bad season to enter a spinner. Tons of armor everywhere you look.
16)Danger Noodle- Decent enough, but the most exposed wheels ever and very low reach due to its design. At least its nigh-indestructible.
17)Chemical Explosion v2- Would be great, but its weapon breaks after 5 hits. Sorry TBR, but a lot of things in this competition can last 5 hits.
18)Hysteria- Slow as hell and not a ton of armor either. Not too many matchups it excels in.
19)Driger Slash- Not a fan of the counter-rotating spinners, sounds like you're just unnecessarily complicating things. The rounded shape also leaves it weak to wedges.
20)The Pegasus Device- A walker with tough armor but flat sides, a poorly-designed crusher and not much else. IDK what else to say.
21)D'Artagnan- Slow, little wedge potential and not enough armor to stand up to the big spinners.
22)Allahu Akbar- LOL
Team Ignition

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Fri May 06, 2016 6:07 am

So apparently teh only bot of mine that is consistently predicted to do well is a brick... how suprising, seriously i'm starting to think that you HAVE to build a brick to win or at least do well

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mystic2000</dt><dd>May 6 2016, 06:07 AM</dd></dl><div>So apparently teh only bot of mine that is consistently predicted to do well is a brick... how suprising, seriously i'm starting to think that you HAVE to build a brick to win or at least do well[/quote]It's always great when someone puts all their stock into preseason guesswork. :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

BEES

Post by BEES » Fri May 06, 2016 5:35 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mystic2000</dt><dd>May 6 2016, 06:07 AM</dd></dl><div>So apparently teh only bot of mine that is consistently predicted to do well is a brick... how suprising, seriously i'm starting to think that you HAVE to build a brick to win or at least do well[/quote]Tell that to Influenza, Jack Frost, AMP, The Windmill, Tax Cutter, MDU... etc.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri May 06, 2016 6:01 pm

I really need to re-enter Tax Cutter again.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Fri May 06, 2016 6:11 pm

You should. I always liked Tax Cutter.
Team Ignition

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Fri May 06, 2016 6:40 pm

I liked it so much I copied its design&#33; :v:
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Thu May 19, 2016 12:22 am

(Put into the spreads thread)
Last edited by Hiicantpk on Thu May 19, 2016 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:55 pm

Predictions:

1/3 of the teams forfeit, GF93 loses a match and complains about it, and Chimera's wedges are somehow not trash this week. :v:

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:06 am

your predictions are trash bro

also i wanted to match my predictions up to the power rankings but no ones posted them yet :v:
Team Ignition

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:40 am

both Khnum and venice queen are way underperforming, as are all of the robots of people who are constantly FFing
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122