Ruination: The Contagion - Spreads

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:31 am

Week 2 Spreads

LW

Eudial vs. Redline

First big test for Redline against a power spinner, and oh boy is it a tough one. I
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:10 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Sep 28 2015, 11:31 AM</dd></dl><div>
Zombie Killer vs. Cuddle Time

It seems more likely that the big wedge should win out over Cuddle Time
Last edited by Venice Queen on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:01 am

Week 2

Lightweights

Eudial vs. Redline

In reality this is just a matter of how long it is until Redline gets KO'd. His armour isn't enough, and he's not getting around a 360 degree weapon, which can be said for a few other robots in the LW class as well. Expect Redline to flop against Frequency and Veto as well.

Eudial = 85%

Zombie Killer vs. Cuddle Time&#33;

I actually don't know. IF Cuddle Time&#33; gets the lifter under and clamps, he could have ZK, since lifters > hinged wedges. But c'est possible? Zombie Killer is a tricky SOB, and even while his front wheels are off the ground, he might still be able to hold his own.

Zombie Killer = 65%

Frequency vs. Scorching Rage

Shitty arena for Frequency to be in. Can he KO Scorching Rage before being flipped?

Scorching Rage = 60%

Zadkiel vs. Silver Phantom

Okay, help me out here. Silver Phantom gets +2 to its shell, making its 7 weapon armour 9. Zadkiel gets +4 to its disc, making its 6 weapon armour 10. SP has 14 wep, Zadkiel has 13 wep... AAAAARRRGGH&#33;&#33;&#33; Well Zadkiel might have better speed and traction, but it's unprotected where the disc isn't. SP will manage to hit him eventually...

Silver Phantom = 65%

Veto vs. Dead

Fuck...

Veto = 95%

Mr. D vs. Translaytor

Translaytor is gonna MESS. HIM. UP.

Translaytor = 90%

British Bammer vs. Conqueror

While that axe looks threatening, Conqueror has the clear leverage advantage here. Sorry TBR, Conks to bounce back after its Week 1 loss.

Conqueror = 75%

Middleweights

King DeDeDe vs. Marauder

LMAO

Marauder = 95%

Tiki Dude vs. WarWolf

Mystic has this is spades. He just has to survive for 5 hits and then Tiki Dude will kill its own weapon and be helpless. :v:

WarWolf = 90%

Latvian Gambit vs. Upchuck

So Latvian's lifter doesn't hold opponents well&#33; This looks more like Upchuck's fight now.

Upchuck = 65%

Merry Hampton vs. Tesla's Revenge

Call me crazy but I think Tesla can manage to hang on here.

Tesla's Revenge = 60%

Braveheart vs. Glass Cannon

When you've got such low control against one of the better and more armoured rammers in the tournament, you better pray some miracle happens.

Braveheart = 90%

Jinx vs. Suplex

That axle looks perfect for Jinx to latch onto, but can she doing anything with it? Suplex has a decent amount of torque.

Jinx = 55%

Airtime vs. March or Die

This looks like a repeat of T-Minus vs. Double Agent. Actually not really. March or Die has a better wedge than Double Agent could dream of having.

March or Die = 70%

Heavyweights

Barley Picker vs. Jackelyn Cryderman

YES&#33; TWO VERTICAL SPINNERS&#33; And sadly I might have to go with the spambot here, there's more for JC to grab on BP than vice-versa.

Jackelyn Cryderman = 70%

Power Bar vs. Kraze

Is Power Bar going to play masochist-bot this tourney?

Kraze = 99%

LashCoil vs. Chimera

LashCoil has to be careful not to get flipped here, otherwise he'll have a big disadvantage because that top jaw only has so much coverage. It's still pretty goddamn close.

Chimera = 51%

Redemption Denied vs. Brute Force

High speed means nothing if you can't control it. RD to flip him all around.

Redemption Denied= 90%

Shrek vs. Golden Blaze

Shrek lost last time because he took too many hits and got flipped. Golden Blaze can't do that. Shrek to shove GB everywhere while Jackelyn Cryderman watches with mild interest.

Shrek = 90%

Rocket Knight vs. Shadow Zone Forever

You'd think this arena would be good for SZF since there's no hazards to take advantage of his crappy 5 armour, right? WRONG&#33; Perhaps you forgot about the floor flippers, which can cause impact damage, or the spikes that replaced the air jets&#33;&#33; Rocket Knight is impervious to those&#33;&#33;

Well, not being flipped, because then RK attains a major disadvantage. But is it possible for SZF to do that? RK is no slouch.

Rocket Knight = 60%

Klarinette vs. Rampage

I USED TO IDOLIZE YOU&#33;&#33;&#33; *punch*

Klarinette = 95%

Superheavyweights

Meat Rub King vs. Angry Goat

Any dank meme name playzooki uses automatically nets him a -5% disadvantage. :v: Except Shrek, because Shrek is okay.

As for the match, no amount of torque can save the Angry Goat. Not even the spirit of New Cruelty to will come to his rescue&#33;

King Rub Meat = 95%

Chemical Explosion vs. Libra

*TBR does a hula dance on top of the shattered remains of Libra*

Chemical Explosion = 95%

Dat Dog vs. Mack the Knife

welp, the Dawg certainly proved he was capable of taking out Nitro Express. How will he fare against a similar, but more powerful, spinner?

Dat Dog = 51%

Endgame vs. Nitro Express

Bots don't always fall on their sides. Except when they do.

Murphy's Law.

Nitro Express = 80%, because Nitro might get OHKO'd and it goes to a JD :v:

Mandetta vs. Stabstract

Mandetta has a weak lifter. Which grants him the advantage.

Also, I'm automatically giving this match to Spatula. :v:

Mandetta = 65%

Uridium vs. Pathos

Are you kidding? Mystic going 3-1? It's more likely than you think.

As it is, the front of Pathos is just too much for Uridium to get a clean shot in, and Pathos probaly won't even let him get to the front anyway.

Pathos = 75%

Agent X vs. Desolation

Terry Ewert was going to give you a Team Whyachi pit shirt, Dylan. But he decided against it, because your SoW clone is a pile of junk. :v:

Agent X = 90%
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 29 2015, 10:01 AM</dd></dl><div>Power Bar vs. Kraze

Is Power Bar going to play masochist-bot this tourney?

Kraze = 99%

[/quote]The answer is yes, yes he is.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:11 am

Wow.

So apparently I fudged up with Toxic's robots, and thought Silver Phantom had Power Bar's stats.

It's pretty bad when the tournament host make this kind of an error. :v:

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:00 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 30 2015, 12:11 AM</dd></dl><div>Wow.

So apparently I fudged up with Toxic's robots, and thought Silver Phantom had Power Bar's stats.

It's pretty bad when the tournament host make this kind of an error. :v:[/quote]It was at this moment Kody knew...he'd fucked up.

:v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:02 am

Quiet you, or you're going to bed with no supper. :v:

DrummerBrian95

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:23 pm

I don't know enough about all the bots or the way the stat system works to make predictions on all of them, so I think I'll just stick with predictions for my bots for the time being.

Veto vs. Dead

It's gonna be utter delirium in the arena. Lots of destruction both ways. But I've got a blade designed specifically for undercutters like him.

Veto - 65%.

Airtime vs. March or Die

I should have put much more effort into designing Airtime, because making a direct ripoff of T-Minus isn't gonna translate well into this tournament.

MoD - 80%

Rampage vs. Klarinette

Are we all in agreement that Klarinette is unbeatable?

Klarinette - 100%

Nitro Express vs. Endgame

I predict this going the same way as Nightmare vs. Slamjob. One hit and both robots immobilized.

50/50

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:55 am

Week 3

LW:

Translaytor vs. Frequency

This looks to be all Frequency. He
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:36 am

Week 3

Lightweights

Going against the grain. Reach isn't everything; there's more for Translaytor to hit on Frequency than vice-versa. I'm going to have to take note. :v:

Translaytor = 65%

Scorching Rage vs. British Bammer

The bad luck for the Bammer continues.

Scorching Rage = 80%

Cuddle Time&#33; vs. Zadkiel

Agreeing with Josh. The plow can take some punishment while otherwise CT&#33; can clamp Zadkiel and drag his sorry ass around. :v:

Cuddle Time&#33; = 65%

Silver Phantom vs. Redline

Well Silver Phantom will explode. The question is will Redline die before that? Signs point to no.

Redline = 75%

Eudial vs. Veto

Eudial allegedly has the better wedge(s), Veto has better armour. Eudial has a slight edge in weapon range but Veto has that curved set-up. Both weapons will probably go out and then Eudial will try shoving. Not that she'll be very successful at it, but hey.

Eudial = 51%

Dead vs. Conqueror

If GF93 can tell me how Conqueror is going to be able to approach this without getting knocked the fuck out, I will give him a blue Jolly Rancher. :v:

(no not really)

Dead = 85%

Zombie Killer vs. Mr. D

I thought he killed zombies, not Digletts.

Zombie Killer = 100% (lock)

Middleweights

Upchuck vs. Braveheart

Depends on how Upchuck can deal with Braveheart's mini-wedge attachments. I think he'll get the flip early on, though. Can Braveheart's thwacking offset that? Not likely.

Upchuck = 70%

Suplex vs. Marauder

It's not gonna happen.

Marauder = 95%

Tesla's Revenge vs. King Dedede

Actually, I'm gonna go with Tesla here. Dedede's hammer barely extends out past the wedge, meaning if he goes head-on, he's gonna hit Tesla's saw arm, which is 9-armoured. He needs to outflank Tesla to go that precious OHKO. I doubt that's possible.

Tesla's Revenge = 75%

WarWolf vs. Jinx

If Jinx keeps the forks down and pointed at WarWolf she's got an excellent chance. At least WarWolf isn't a spinner. :v:

Wow my pathetic bag of crap could likely go 3-0? What kind of mad world is this?

Jinx = 70%

March or Die vs. Merry Hampton

March or Die's wedge is better than any of Merry's. Prepare for a flipping, Mr. Brandybuck&#33;

March or Die = 80%

Glass Cannon vs. Tiki Dude

Fuck you I'm not writing this fight. :v:

Glass Cannon = 90%

Latvian Gambit vs. Airtime

The MW champ is still looking for his first win... yowzers. I think he can finally get it here against this fellow 0-2 bot.

Latvian Gambit = 75%

Heavyweights

Brute Force vs. Kraze

Poor Kraze finally gets a reprieve here. Too bad there's no Cutie Honey here to comfo... wait, Kraze went after Klarinette. NICK YOU TRAITOR. :qq:

Kraze = 95%

Shadow Zone Forever vs. Shrek

Shrek is low but as Josh said, SZF has the better wedges. The only thing Shrek has going for it is its huge armour value. He needs to abuse hazards.

Shadow Zone Forever = 70%

Rocket Knight vs. LashCoil

LashCoil to lift RK around and all over the arena.

LashCoil = 75%

Golden Blaze vs. Barley Picker

I... have to agree with Josh again. Golden Blaze's sheer range means that Barley Picker is in immediate danger of being OHKO'd from the get-go, whereas Barley has to get under GB to hit him, pretty much. Plus fanking won't do any good, GB's weapon is 360 degrees... urgh...

Golden Blaze = 90%

Chimera vs. Klarinette

LIAN WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME HATE KLARINETTE YOU LITTLE TWERP :qq:

Klarinette = 90%

Jackelyn Cryderman vs. Redemption Denied

JC can potentially get stuck on its side, and RD is too low to get hit front-on anyway. RD to end JC's short maiden run.

Redemption Denied = 85%

Rampage vs. Power Bar

Power Bar to go 2-1?&#33; Jesus christ. Poor Brian, though. Rampage is a cool bot. It's just not statted adequately. :(

Hopefully we see Rampage return with better stats. :)

Power Bar = 90%

Superheavyweights

Desolation vs. Meat Rub King

LMFAO.

Meat Rub King = 95%

Pathos vs. Dat Dog

Mystic's SHW is really a surprise, and it continues to move up in the world. This week is no exception, because Dat Dog's lack of wedge touching the ground will cost him.

Pathos = 90%

Nitro Express vs. Mandetta

Nitro just doesn't have enough weapon power to hurt Mandetta enough.

Mandetta = 75%

Uridium vs. Agent X

One hit is all it takes. 13 power axe to 6 armour. What a mismatch.

Uridium = 85%

Angry Goat vs. Chemical Explosion

I don't know, actually. Goat's turning is complete nonsense, but... could Chem catch an edge? Could Chem dewheel him? Goat has torque for days.

Chemical Explosion = 51%

Mack the Knife vs. Endgame

Mack to be de-knived, but win anyway.

Mack the Knife = 95%

Stabstract vs. Libra

Stabstract actually needs to abuse the front wedge more. The dual ends of the twins are tricky.

Stabstract = 60%

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:09 pm

LW:

Translaytor has the force of his entire body behind the hit, and his sides are curved... close...

Translaytor-55%

Scorching Rage vs. British Bammer

Doesnt matter how many corners Scorching Rage has if BB can barely hurt him

Scorching Rage-75%

Cuddle Time&#33; vs. Zadkiel

Gotta keep that plow in his face

Cuddle Time-55%

Silver Phantom vs. Redline

I dunno if Redline can take all 5 hits. but I suppose it's possible

Silver Phantom- 53%

Eudial vs. Veto

I like veto, but this is pretty much even

Veto- 50.1%

Dead vs. Conqueror

Bad arena for this, but Dead doesnt have 360 degree protection.

Dead-60%

Zombie Killer vs. Mr. D

Is he even RPing for Mr. D?

Zombie Killer-100%

MW:

Upchuck vs. Braveheart

Close, but braveheart doesnt like being upside down.

Upchuck-55%

Suplex vs. Marauder

Marauder will have some trouble getting under Suplex, but it wont matter in the end

Marauder-85%

Tesla
Last edited by Venice Queen on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:52 am

Week 4

LW:

Mr. D vs. Cuddle Time

I mean come on, who doesn

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:19 am

Week 4

Lightweights

Mr. D vs. Cuddle Time&#33;

I actually see a Mr. D win here, but if CT&#33; can keep him occupied...

Mr. D = 55%

Redline vs. Zadkiel

Meh, I think Redline has a shot here. He just has to not take too many hits that expose corners. :v: Zadkiel doesn't have the best armour, so any hazard will do a fair amount.

Redline = 60%

Frequency vs. Zombie Killer

The place where the plow starts to wrap around the body of Zombie Killer actually counts as a corner, btw, because of the sharp-ish angle. It's too bad Frequency's weapon power isn't enough to take advantage of that. I guess he could try to get around the plow...

Zombie Killer = 75%

Veto vs. Silver Phantom

VETO&#33; VETO&#33;

Veto = 95%

British Bammer vs. Translaytor

Wow TBR just can't catch a break can he? :(

Translaytor = 85%

Conqueror vs. Eudial

A flip isn't the end of the world for Eudial, but it doesn't help her control matches either. On the other hand, 15 weapon to 9 armour...

Eudial = 65%

Dead vs. Scorching Rage

Wow, 10 armour and he still has the risk of being OHKO'd.

Dead = 80%

Middleweights

Suplex vs. Tesla's Revenge

Why you gotta do this to me Badnik? ;__;

Suplex = 75%

Airtime vs. Upchuck

Upchuck has the more viable design and stats here. Look for him to rebound from last week's close call.

Upchuck = 75%

Merry Hampton vs. Latvian Gambit

This is Latvian's fight. Merry has terrible ground clearance and inferior wedges.

Latvian Gambit = 85%

Marauder vs. WarWolf

WarWolf gets a flip, the match is pretty much his. Marauder staves off a flip, the match is his.

Marauder = 55%

Jinx vs. Glass Cannon

Oh good grief. 5 hits for Glass Cannon to die, huh? Is it even possible for Jinx to survive ONE hit?

Glass Cannon = 95%

King Dedede vs. March or Die

Dedede continues to get dealt a raw deal. Maybe if he can dent up MoD's wedge/flipper... I don't know.

March or Die = 65%

Tiki Dude vs. Braveheart

Yeah okay.

Braveheart = 95%

Heavyweights

Brute Force vs. Rampage

Uncontrollable fury versus a jack-of-all-stats axebot... hmmmmm...

Brute Force = 65%

Kraze vs. Jackelyn Cryderman

Not the most ideal draw for Kraze but he should still be able to get this.

Kraze = 60%

Power Bar vs. Chimera

And this is where things start going really badly for Toxic. :v:

Chimera = 95%

Redemption Denied vs. Golden Blaze

Can GB even hit him? This is like an even more lopsided version of the fight above&#33;&#33;&#33;

Redemption Denied = 100% (lock)

Klarinette vs. Rocket Knight

Actually I'm gonna go with Rocket Knight. The torque advantage could very well help him here.

Rocket Knight = 55%

Barley Picker vs. Shrek

Barley Picker needs to get the front end underneath Shrek and pop him over. How he'll do that... is a complete mystery.

Shrek = 85%

LashCoil vs. Shadow Zone Forever

Again, not Shadow Zone's ideal opponent but should still be manageable, especially coming off of a Rocket Knight win. Granted, LashCoil is more of a counter but can he catch SZF?

Shadow Zone Forever = 51%

Superheavyweights

Libra vs. Nitro Express

Josh, you can't bullshit a bullshitter. :v:

Nitro Express = 95%

Endgame vs. Dat Dog

I take back what I said about things going badly for Toxic. :v:

Dat Dog = 95%

Agent X vs. Pathos

Tough draw for Pathos. Agent X by far has the superior lifter.

Agent X = 80%

Stabstract vs. Angry Goat

I actually think Goat has the better wedge. Can he get it into play? Uhhhh...

Stabstract = 60%

Mandetta vs. Mack the Knife

Mack's weapon is going to be a pain for Mandetta. A lot of cuts on the armoured wedge and it'll be Pathos all over again, except Mack will win this time. :v:

Mack the Knife = 75%

Meat Rub King vs. Uridium

Alex, beat down this piece of shit for me, will ya? :P

Seriously, King has only enough armour to take a few hits. He needs to get some flips going or this won't well.

Uridium = 75%

Chemical Explosion vs. Desolation

Meh.

Chemical Explosion = 80%

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:26 pm

LW:

Mr. D vs. Cuddle Time

wait, CT&#33; actually beating a spinner?

Cuddle Time-75%

Redline vs. Zadkiel

not this time

Zadkiel-70%

Frequency vs. Zombie Killer

ZK is made to stop spinners

Zombie Killer-80%

Veto vs. Silver Phantom

ohhhhh man

Veto-80%

British Bammer vs. Translaytor

BB has to corner or wedge translaytor, otherwise he will die a painful death

Translaytor- 70%

Conqueror vs. Eudial

You just never know if conkers can get under a spinner before the spinner tears him a new one

even odds

Dead vs. Scorching Rage

he gonna be dead

Dead-77%

MW:

Suplex vs. Tesla
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Oct 13 2015, 02:26 PM</dd></dl><div>Meat Rub King vs. Uridium

Gonna go for the Meme Rub King here

King of something- 55%[/quote]i am putting a blanket ban on robot meme names :v: