New Tournament Idea

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

New Tournament Idea

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Okay, so Chris and I were discussing older designs and came up with what could be a fun exhibition tournament.

The idea would be for everyone to enter using their team from their very first tournament in ARC (i.e. my very first tournament was ARC Vengeance, so that would be the team I would use).

There would be some leeway with this, you could use any version of that bot you have since used in any completed/currently ongoing tournament, however you could not enter a brand new version of the bot that has not yet completed (basically no coming up with a brand new version just to compete here). The exception to that rule would be if a CAD of that particular bot would no longer exist, in which case a new CAD could be made, provided it was an accurate recreation of the existing bot (there would likely be very few bots this would actually apply to).

Additionally, to complete the throwback nature of the tournament it would be done under Double Elimination format (this would also shorten the length of the tournament considerably).
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

New Tournament Idea

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:56 pm

Sounds fun, but... well...

----

ARC: Reckoning
Scarab
Perseus
SZF
Fulcrum

----

Fulcrum belongs to you now though, so what do? :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

New Tournament Idea

Post by GF93 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:28 am

Sounds good. Although considering Bomb and Dreadnought have swapped weight classes since FRR Dead Zone (Where they first appeared along with War Bastard and Lethal Injection), would that be OK?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96

New Tournament Idea

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:16 am

Thunder Ball is a heavy now. Do I just swap it and Sgt. Slaughter?
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

British-Robotics

New Tournament Idea

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:01 am

My first robots that competed in thier first tournament

SHW - Chemical Reaction
HW - Terror-Dactyl
MW - Sneak Beast
LW - Turbine

NWOWWE

New Tournament Idea

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:29 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Apr 13 2015, 10:56 PM</dd></dl><div>Fulcrum belongs to you now though, so what do? :v:[/quote]Since thus would just be an exhibition tournament we can we can go ahead and ignore things like that.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NWOWWE

New Tournament Idea

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:30 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Apr 14 2015, 01:16 AM</dd></dl><div>Thunder Ball is a heavy now. Do I just swap it and Sgt. Slaughter?[/quote]No, you'd have to use the SHW version of Thunderball.

Area51Escapee

New Tournament Idea

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:48 am

ZOMG&#33; My team would look like this from the CFRC1 team:

LW- Celestial Slayer
MW- Intergalactic
HW- Neptune
SHW- Solar Smash

Some names I haven't heard in ages.

MadBull

New Tournament Idea

Post by MadBull » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:04 am

I feel I have very recently been born anew, and that LoRE 2 marks the first outing of the current me.

As such, I must enter my LoRE 2 lineup.

LW: Mr. D
MW: Latvian Gambit
HW: Jackelyn Cryderman
SHW: Mandetta

NFX

New Tournament Idea

Post by NFX » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:10 am

Well this is unusual, because I made new versions of all of my ARC Armageddon team, but only Kraze has since competed in anything. The stat system's changed, though, so I'd assume we'd be allowed to change the stats if needs be.

LW: Terabyte II
MW: Cyclone
HW: Kraze
SHW: Incision
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE

New Tournament Idea

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:18 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Apr 14 2015, 07:10 AM</dd></dl><div>The stat system's changed, though, so I'd assume we'd be allowed to change the stats if needs be.[/quote]Yeah, that would definitely be allowed, especially since a lot of potential entrants would need some kind of update to stats.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I feel I have very recently been born anew, and that LoRE 2 marks the first outing of the current me.[/quote]Well you better go crystal gazing for your past life. :v:

NFX

New Tournament Idea

Post by NFX » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:21 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Apr 14 2015, 07:18 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Apr 14 2015, 07:10 AM</dd></dl><div>The stat system's changed, though, so I'd assume we'd be allowed to change the stats if needs be.[/quote]Yeah, that would definitely be allowed, especially since a lot of potential entrants would need some kind of update to stats.[/quote]This is good, because back then I had no idea what I was doing and gave my robots shit stats. :D
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE

New Tournament Idea

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:11 am

Yeah, so let me go back to ARC Vengeance.

LW: Spike... Hey not bad. He's actually halfway legitimate these days.

MW: Sarge... Pretty cool, solid stuff so far.

HW: Truth or Consequences... Nice, I can dig this team&#33;

SHW: The Godfather... Wow, this is where it all goes wrong. :D Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately really) the original picture is long lost as far as I know. So I threw together a quick redraw and recreated it about as faithfully as I could:

Yeah boy&#33; Check out that ground clearance&#33; And the goofy saw rack and silly side plows&#33; I'll confess I made one "upgrade" here... I made the picture of Marlon Brando far less pixilated than it used to be so that you could tell that it was... you know... actually a picture of a person. :P

Badnik96

New Tournament Idea

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:30 pm

so do I have to use the last version of WhipCoil that competed in something, or can I use the new 2WD version I've entered into Ruination?
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE

New Tournament Idea

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:35 pm

It would have to be the last version that competed. Since Ruination hasn't started yet, it wouldn't count.