FFRC Robot Unveiling

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

FFRC Robot Unveiling

Post by Badnik96 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:55 pm

Basically, I'm gonna reveal all the competing robots in this thread. All 80 something of them :v:

I'll try to update every day until all of them are drawn, so each day will have the amount of robots I drew that day in them.

First update has two robots, both rather familiar designs:
First up we have Ripfang, a 4WD Vladiator-style rammer with the bi-directional lifting fangs. It features powerful drive in both speed and torque and a powerful and wedgy lifter, but it's rather vulnerable to spinners. It has a running feud with a rather powerful vertical spinner that ends differently every time.

The other robot in today's update is Vanguard, your basic Sewer Snake style lifter. The front wedge is designed so only the middle panel lifts, while the entire fork structure moves. It has lots of speed, power and armor but makes up for it with a lack of control and very exposed wheels.

That's all I got for today, check back tomorrow for more robots! If you guys could please not comment on this thread (treat it like a signups thread basically) and just view that'd be awesome.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Badnik96

FFRC Robot Unveiling

Post by Badnik96 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:16 pm

Here's a third bot for tonight because I'm feeling generous:
Blood Ninja 2: Cherry Blossom Inferno (no clue where I came up with the subtitle :v: )

Possibly the sleekest and most expensive-looking spinner in the league, Blood Ninja 2 has no sharp edges except where it counts: On the 3-toothed, single-piece hardened steel disc. The entire chassis is milled aluminum, and it was nearly retired due to the cost required to keep this thing in pristine condition. However, it was revived in early 2013 after its builder won a championship with its other robot (which I'll get to later) and it took the series by storm, winning match after match. It's got power and damage resistance to spare, but it lacks speed, torque and any sort of wedge whatsoever.
Team Ignition

Badnik96

FFRC Robot Unveiling

Post by Badnik96 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Last bot for the night, I'm getting tired
Sky High (yeah this name's generic but so be it)

The most successful flipper in the league, it's gone through a bunch of redesigns over the years, eventually landing on this SubZero lookalike. Its weapon, of course, is the massively powerful T-Minus esque flipper, though it has a thick steel wedge for dealing with spinners. It can self right reliably and power through opponents with its massive torque, but its speed is lacking and it can get side stranded on occasion, which has led to some upset losses.
Team Ignition

Badnik96

FFRC Robot Unveiling

Post by Badnik96 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:46 pm

I lied :v:
Black Lightning
A 4WD robot with a powerful 4-bar flipper. This robot and its finger wedges are on the same team as Blood Ninja 2, and they're the reigning champs of the league. So yeah, the finger wedges worked :v: Aside from that, it has passable armor and decent maneuverability, but like with Sky High, it has issues getting Zombie Killer'd.
Team Ignition

Badnik96

FFRC Robot Unveiling

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:20 pm

Back because Playzooki wanted me to continue with this :V

Ferrous

A fairly powerful and successful robot with 4WD, a thick front scoop and a rear bash bar (integrated into the armor so it doesn't look any different), along with a powerful vertical drum. However, the front wedge is static and the robot isn't the fastest despite its torque.
Team Ignition

Badnik96

FFRC Robot Unveiling

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Under_Score

An absolutely vicious undercutter. Tons of weapon power but it's lacking in almost everything else. It's a crowd favorite but despite its success it keeps getting knocked out earlier and earlier, leading some to believe its heyday is over.
Team Ignition

Badnik96

FFRC Robot Unveiling

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:17 pm

Antagonist

Generic 4WD wedge bot. Resilient, pushy and very successful, plus it has the Superman-like insignia to distinguish it from the other robots. One of the most experienced bots on the circuit.
Team Ignition

Badnik96

FFRC Robot Unveiling

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Nick

Humorously, this robot is not named after either Nick on this forum, but in fact the fact that "nick" is a colloquialism for "scratch". So, it was named because it "nick"s things. Ironically, its awe-inspiring pneumatic axe does anything but that, leaving massive dents in its opponents and retiring one or two along the way. Originally built by a high school team, they've taken their bot with them to college and continue to be an active threat on the circuit. It has hinged skirting all around but since the armor is aluminum they have some issues fighting spinners.
Team Ignition

Badnik96

FFRC Robot Unveiling

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:06 pm

Last one for the night

Feeding Frenzy

Frenzy-esque pneumatic hammer (gee, I wonder where I got the name). One of the oldest bots still competing, it retired for a while then came back. Very similar to Nick, except Feeding Frenzy has gotten a big reputation as a nasty anti-spinner with its heavy steel front skirt (similar to the skirts pictured, except the side skirts are removed to make weight). One of the most experienced and toughest bots in the league, and it's usually picked as a favorite to win no matter what.
Team Ignition