Ruination Lite: The Switcheroo - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:30 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jun 18 2014, 12:10 PM</dd></dl><div>i find this hilarious (Stupid face removed) [/quote]Charming.

But yes- I do think I've underestimated MD2 somewhat. I didn't think it'd be that good, but it has somewhat surprised me. At least I can admit that.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:32 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 18 2014, 03:30 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jun 18 2014, 12:10 PM</dd></dl><div>i find this hilarious (Stupid face removed) [/quote]Charming.

But yes- I do think I've underestimated MD2 somewhat. I didn't think it'd be that good, but it has somewhat surprised me. At least I can admit that.[/quote]still funny :dirk:

yess all that 1 torque, monster truck rampness, gaps inbetween wedges, lazy sketchup payed off :v:

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:33 pm

You know what I mean, the latest one. Never was any good at names.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:06 pm

we should do a poll tourney with a load of shitty robots lol. weightclass wouldnt matter, so we could have moar entrants

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:23 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 18 2014, 03:30 PM</dd></dl><div>Charming.[/quote]How I find your response to me... not.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jun 18 2014, 04:23 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 18 2014, 03:30 PM</dd></dl><div>Charming.[/quote]How I find your response to me... not.[/quote]Since when did ARC become an episode of Saved by the Bell?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Josh had a SHW result that is basically telling me and NFX to naff off. But it's an obvious joke, so there's absolutely no issue.

I, however, throw in one (superfluous) line about letting playzooki down, and you have to throw in a responding line that you're not happy with it. Because I totally knew that you had life issues before you told me directly, right?

Seriously, grow up.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:39 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jun 18 2014, 04:32 PM</dd></dl><div>I, however, throw in one (superfluous) line about letting playzooki down, and you have to throw in a responding line that you're not happy with it. Because I totally knew that you had life issues before you told me directly, right?

Seriously, grow up.[/quote]Granted you might not have known about the issues, but I think it's perfectly reasonable for me to say that I didn't like the tone of what you said. I'm not exactly hurling insults at you over it, I was just letting you know what I felt about it. But if that's the attitude you're going to take over this issue, you're the one who has some growing up to do.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:52 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 18 2014, 04:39 PM</dd></dl><div>Granted you might not have known about the issues, but I think it's perfectly reasonable for me to say that I didn't like the tone of what you said. I was just letting you know what I felt about it. But if that's the attitude you're going to take over this issue, you're the one who has some growing up to do.[/quote]The thing is, why did you have to say that in the first place? There was absolutely nothing offensive or passive-aggressive about it and I have no idea how or why you took it as you did. Again, if anything Josh's SHW match between Shield and Peppernut was far, far more offensive than that and everybody took it as a joke.

Why'd I tell you to grow up? If the SHW match had involved one of your robots I'm sure you would have raised a stink about it. That's why. We kind of know you by now. I'm okay with being called out, but not about utterly pointless things as this. So yeah, grow up please.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:03 pm

I guess the secret is to be so outlandishly over the top that people have no way to take you seriously. :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jun 18 2014, 04:52 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 18 2014, 04:39 PM</dd></dl><div>Granted you might not have known about the issues, but I think it's perfectly reasonable for me to say that I didn't like the tone of what you said. I was just letting you know what I felt about it. But if that's the attitude you're going to take over this issue, you're the one who has some growing up to do.[/quote]The thing is, why did you have to say that in the first place? There was absolutely nothing offensive or passive-aggressive about it and I have no idea how or why you took it as you did. Again, if anything Josh's SHW match between Shield and Peppernut was far, far more offensive than that and everybody took it as a joke.

Why'd I tell you to grow up? If the SHW match had involved one of your robots I'm sure you would have raised a stink about it. That's why. We kind of know you by now. I'm okay with being called out, but not about utterly pointless things as this. So yeah, grow up please.[/quote]The reason I had said it was because I did not like the tone of the comment- it came off to me a bit as saying I had intentionally let Zooks down (Which I had not, as you know.). I wouldn't consider myself as being in the wrong for stating that, I wasn't exactly hurling a barrage of profanities and insults and things at you over it. If you didn't mean it that way, that's understandable, and I am willing to apologise for that.

As for that bit on the SHW match- to be honest, no. No I wouldn't have, you cannot just make assumptions like that. For the record, provided that there is evidence (IE. Emoticons and that sort of thing.) that it's a joke, and that an actual reason is evident for why I lost as well maybe, then I'd have laughed it off and been OK with it.

Kody, usually you're cool, but in this case, you're not acting any better than I do at times. You can't really tell me to grow up when you aren't exactly being that mature yourself.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jun 18 2014, 05:03 PM</dd></dl><div>I guess the secret is to be so outlandishly over the top that people have no way to take you seriously. :v:[/quote]Well I have to take him seriously, it comes with the job. :qq:

NFX

Post by NFX » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jun 18 2014, 05:05 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jun 18 2014, 05:03 PM</dd></dl><div>I guess the secret is to be so outlandishly over the top that people have no way to take you seriously. :v:[/quote]Well I have to take him seriously, it comes with the job. :qq:[/quote]Some of my joke results have been like the Reflector Shield vs Manta fight from Ruination Omen, and some of them have been like when Martijn scored a FF win just by posting "w00t" or something. Not every joke in the world is the equivalent of having a brick wrapped in a freshly caught halibut smack you in the face.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:42 pm

It doesn't matter, the issue's been resolved on Facebook anyway. Thankfully.

NFX

Post by NFX » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:44 pm

That's good to hear. I just wanted to mention a brick wrapped in a freshly caught halibut smacking you in the face.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy