Custom Fantasy Wars - Season 1

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:23 am

3rd Place Play-off

Back to Rock III vs. Electric Boogaloo

Repaired from its last match, Electric Boogaloo came into this fight looking for some sort of redemption, and boy did he get it. Martijn tried, but he couldn't get Back to Rock around the front of the spinning machine, so he simply box-rushed EB. And in one hit, the lifter was completely disabled. BtR's drivetrain itself wasn't hurt by the impact, so it came back in, shoved against EB and deposited them in the hammer area. EB took some shots, but when they escaped it went totally EB from there. The entire front of the lifter was destroyed (including the saw) and a couple of hits later, BtR wasn't moving. Electric Boogaloo claims 3rd place!

Bronze Medalist: Electric Boogaloo

----

Custom Fantasy Wars - Series 1
Final
Biohazard vs. Revolver Ocelot

----

SCOREBOARD
Philip - 213
Josh - 208
AJ - 200
Nick F - 192
playzooki - 189
Dylan McC - 183
Max - 182
Steven - 169
Alex MW - 128
<del>Alex V - 71</del>
Mystic2000 - 55
Lian - 29
Chris - 21
Martijn - 10
Mr. AS - 3

----

So now, only the Top 5 are in the running. playzooki can win by one point if he gets the right answer and nobody else gets it right. :P

Have fun&#33;
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:25 am

Final:
Revolver Ocelot (cause if I'm going down, I'm going down swinging&#33; :cool: )
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:25 am

Revolver Ocelot, Bio only beat Mechavore because it wasnt invertible, and here's a powerful invertible undercutter.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:01 am

Every logical part of me says Ocelot will win.

But if everyone chooses the same thing, there's no point in doing this at all.

ALL OF MY CURRENCIES ON BIOHAZARD.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:35 am

Fuck you nfx, now i cant win :v:

Biohazard

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Come on, Ocelot&#33; I've got my last fondue set on you&#33;
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder

ajrobotics

Post by ajrobotics » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:22 pm

MassimoV

Post by MassimoV » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Revolver Ocelot

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Now that the other four have voted, it's time for my pontification.... or as I like to call it, my "The Game Is Afoot, And This Is A Shoe" speech. I was hoping that AJ would go for RO. That way, no matter how I voted, I'd be guaranteed either a first or third place finish. Now, it appears I'll have either get a first, second, or fourth place. For some reason, this actually adds pressure. Do I want to cockblock Josh's path by picking his bot, or shall I halt the other three's hopes dead by siding with perhaps my favorite bot of all time?

Of course, this depends partially on the bots themselves. Biohazard's titanium skirts are formidable armor, but we've seen what powerful spinners like Megabyte, Son Of Whyachi, and Mechavore can do. Although Nightmare did jackshit to Bio. On the other hand, RO's drive train is not the greatest for maneuverability. Biohazard could probably find a way to avoid the weapon altogether. Ultimately, it would probably be the greatest help to know if Bio ever fought M.O.E., the closest approximation to Revolver Ocelot.

Lastly, it all depends on what Kody is thinking. And there I have no clue. I don't know if he predetermined these results weeks in advance or if he's doing them on the fly. And does he have a favorite bettor that he wants to see take it all? It would appear not, as the lead has changed several times in the course of this tournament.

I'd also like to say to dear playzooki... if I hadn't missed those two days very early on in the tournament, you wouldn't have had any chance at all, much less any to be dashed by NFX or AJ.

Which finally begs the question: which came out of the door, the lady or the tiger? Oh wait, wrong story. My vote. Who will win?

I have made my choice. There'll be no second place for me. I choose...

Revolver Ocelot

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:01 am

Okay, time for a result. A well-written one, that is. I have to sketch this one out in my mind, and on text.

------------------

Custom Fantasy Wars - Series 1
Final

---------------

Right, so here are we at the Final. Both robots are looking prime. Revolver Ocelot's completely repaired from his fight with Electric Boogaloo, and the Battlebots Heavyweight champ, Biohazard, is just coldly gazing across the arena. Both have had their close calls and both have the true makings of champions. Who's going to win this epic throwdown? We're going to find out now&#33; The box is locked, the lights are on, it's robot fightin' time&#33;

Biohazard is immediately out of his square, maybe a bit trepidacious from his bouts with Son of Whyachi, Megabyte, and Brutality in the past. Revolver Ocelot is spinning his bar up and, fortunately for him, gets it up to full speed by the time Bio has crossed the arena. CRASH&#33; Ocelot's bar catches one of the front skirts and tears it nearly completely off - it's hanging by a hinge&#33; Biohazard is spun around but Ocelot flies back into the wall&#33; Biohazard tries to move back in before the bar gets back up to speed, but can't do it&#33; CRASH&#33; The skirt now gets pulled off completely, and Biohazard goes sailing for another trip&#33; Now Ocelot is completely pegged though, and he can't move out before Biohazard gets to him&#33; The three-time Battlebots champion gets under Revolver Ocelot and tries to lift him over... but fails. The angle he lifted Revolver Ocelot at just wasn't good enough. However, he's still under Ocelot so he tries to bring Ocelot to the killsaws. And he does. BZZT&#33; They cut into the Team Blood Gulch robot and cause a lot of sparks. They also lift him up enough for Biohazard to turn and sneak his lifting arm back under... again, he misses the mark. Now he has to back off because he's been holding onto Ocelot for 30 seconds.

Revolver Ocelot gets back into the game, spinning his bar up, and manages to strike the other front skirt of Biohazard, again not knocking it off right away but leaving it dangling. This time, however, he has more room to move away to spin his bar back up. CRASH&#33; There goes the other front skirt. Biohazard is spunky, though, and races right back in... only to take another hit. The side skirt gets it this time and is only hanging by the rear hinge. By now, however, Ocelot has slowed down enough for Biohazard to take another running in, and manages to get in another ram, taking a minor hit in the process, and gets under Ocelot&#33; ...and this time, Biohazard makes good on his threat. The lifting arm raises and topples Revolver Ocelot on his back, precisely what Josh didn't want. The now overcutter Revolver Ocelot tries to get back in but his now completely passes over Biohazard and can't hit him. Carlo goes to town on Revolver Ocelot, getting under and delivering the spinner to the pulverizers. Realizing his bar isn't going to hit fuck-all, Josh turns Ocelot's bar off and tries to escape the hammer. Biohazard in return raises the arm - and Ocelot's bar gets spinning again&#33; Clever little - HOLY SHIT&#33; Revolver Ocelot managed to strike Biohazard's upraised arm&#33;&#33; The arm's now bent up and can't be retracted&#33;

Revolver Ocelot continues to beat into the now locked arm of Biohazard, but in return Biohazard is still able to shove him into hazards. Carlo turns and uses Biohazard's rear end now to shove Ocelot into things, and Ocelot is taking a lot of hazard abuse. However, Revolver Ocelot manages to get in one last hit on the arm before time runs out, shearing out the bars that hold the arm up, and the lifting arm falls forward onto the ground. The crowd cheers madly.

Mkay, judges' scorecards:

Aggression
11-4 Biohazard (Biohazard did a lot of the attacking, using his lifting arm and skirts to flip and shove Revolver Ocelot all around the arena. Revolver Ocelot gets points back for taking it to Biohazard early on)

Damage
10-5 Revolver Ocelot (Revolver Ocelot did huge damage, tearing off the front skirts, half of a side skirt, and nearly ripping out the lifting arm. However in turn, he took incredible hazard abuse where the pulverizer beat a crater into his bottom armour when he was flipped, and the killsaws didn't help either, so Biohazard gets some modest damage points for that)

Strategy
9-6 Revolver Ocelot (this was tricky. I gave it to Ocelot because, while Biohazard did manage to successfully flip Revolver Ocelot, Ocelot managed to do good damage before then, and even tricked Biohazard to raising the arm so he could disable and keep hitting it. However, it wasn't enough to gain control of the match, so it stays close)

Winner
REVOLVER OCELOT, 23-22.

----

Robot Standings
1. Revolver Ocelot
2. Biohazard
3. Electric Boogaloo

----

Final Scorecards
1. Philip - 238
2. Josh - 233
3. Dylan McC - 208
4. Max - 207
5. AJ - 200
6. Steven - 194
7. Nick F - 192
8. playzooki - 189
9. Alex MW - 128
10. Alex V - 71
11. Mystic2000 - 55
12. Lian - 29
13. Chris - 21
14. Martijn - 10
15. Mr. AS - 3

----

So uh, that's it. Congrats to Philip, Josh, and Badnik for their respective victories, and to everybody who entered. :)

CFW2? Don't count on it anytime soon. I still have a lot of work to do, and that includes Ruination 3. But don't rule it completely out either.

Until then. :)
Last edited by That Kode Guy on Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:10 am

holy shit how did I come third

gg everyone, this was fun
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:18 am

Ocelot taking the overall win is pretty cool and so is coming in second place overall on the points column&#33;

Congrats to Philip on winning&#33;
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:45 am

Huh, look at that.... another championship title for moi.

hehehe. Seriously though, this was a lot of fun. Thanks for doing this Kody.... I can only imagine how exhaustive the whole process was for you. Really do appreciate the job you did on this.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a virtual net to cut down.... I think I'll cut down a Pulverizer, using Revolver Ocelot as the scissors.

MassimoV

Post by MassimoV » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:10 pm

i get the wooden metal

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:26 am

Good news: Thanks to Ocelot's stirring performance, I get to keep my fondue set. Praise the gambling gods&#33;

Bad news: Because I didn't win back enough for a medal position, Jimmy the Ladle's going to scoop out my digestive bits with his custom-built soup spoons. On an unrelated note, I'm skipping town for a very long time without any way to contact me. So long&#33; :v:

(But yeah, fun contest, Kody. Sign me up for the next one when it happens. :proud: )
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder