The Great Pit Debate

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

BEES

The Great Pit Debate

Post by BEES » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 pm

I do not think very highly of the Robot Wars arena. I think it stifled the level of competitiveness in Robot Wars in general. The one good thing about it was the moat. In all other respects I consider the Battlebots arena superior.

The BBIQ arena for the 2011 competition was the best of those. No spikestrip just an I-beam going around the sides. Combine that with a moat and you have the best arena.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

The Great Pit Debate

Post by GF93 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 15 2013&#44; 08:17 PM</dd></dl><div> On a more positive note, I do have an idea for how OOTAing could work, though- the North and South walls could be completely enclosed like the current ARC Arena (So no immediate Ring Outs on the box-rush, for instance.), whilst the East and West walls could have flip-out "Death Zones" outside the Arena, shrouded with mist from smoke machines hidden under the arena, and lined with Fireproof Mats for flipped-out robots to land on.

These will be protected by higher-than-average internal walls, angled outwards a short way at the top. Tall enough to effectively keep everyone in normally and to prevent the likelihood of fluke wins by accidental OOTAs (Hence the outwards-sloped panels up top, to allow them to slide back in should they land on them.), but still low enough to allow a powerful Flipper to do so with a good shot.

I do think this one could actually work- makes OOTAs harder to pull off, but possible. High risk, high reward almost, but do let me know what you think. If it works, I can provide a design for it. [/quote]
So here's a basic rendition of the plan I have in mind for it-
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

The Great Pit Debate

Post by playzooki » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:42 am

Pits are ok if they open after, say 2:30
Ithink this because...
1) Stops deadlock
2)Bigger brother vs Hypno disc was ruined by a button.
3)Stupid 5 year olds shouting for it after 30 seconds. I didnt do that when i was 5.

Also, when did i bring this up. XD RW arena was good for telly, not for fantasy.