LoRE Power Ratings

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

BEES

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by BEES » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:12 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Aug 17 2013, 07:00 PM</dd></dl><div>power tapings[/quote]power tapeworms

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by GF93 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 9 2013, 07:48 AM</dd></dl><div>9. Team Ice Cubed Robotics
Ouch. Taking tough losses to Not Very Nice and F-Dynasty puts him in a precarious position. Otherwise, MW and HW look incredibly good. Bulletproof Bomb seems to have found its gusto, and look for it to improve its records against the eliminated Chocolate.[/quote]Mein gott. F-Dynasty, understandable. But even thinking about that LW match makes me want to smash something.

But at the very least, it's looking OK for Decapitator and Bomb, Conqueror still has a chance if he tackles JBMHR the right way and gets a free win from Spin Cycle next week anyway, but the less said about Mamba's state of affairs at the moment, the better.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by playzooki » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:22 am

Stop implying my LW is bad.

GF93

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by GF93 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:02 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 04:22 AM</dd></dl><div>Stop implying my LW is bad.
[/quote]To be brutally honest, it's a pretty lame design for ARC Thwacker standards.

In a real-life scenario, you'd have trouble hitting anything with a hammer pole that short and a body that wide (And due to the lack of kinetic energy built up from the spins, it'd do very little damage anyway.), those massive wheels have little-to-nothing protecting them, barely anything interesting about it at all asides from the transitional thwacking (And even that's starting to become more and more commonplace in Thwackers.), it's illustrated in MS Paint of all things, and to top it off, the name's daft. I mean, Mr Not Very Nice? If you're going to do that, why not call the next one "Mr Meanie", or "Mr Jerk" or "Mr MOMMY HE HURT MY WIDDLE FEEWINGS"?

Quite how it's managed to win as much as it has when you've got great robots like Kite and Zombie Killer languishing at the bottom of the table I've no idea, but I'd put it down to sheer dumb luck. Maybe I am coming off as a jerk by speaking my mind on the subject, but yes. It is bad.

[/rant]
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by playzooki » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:14 am

The names sarcasm
Now lets not get into arguements.

(And it was predicted 4th.)

GF93

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by GF93 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:22 am

OK, I'll leave it there. Just needed to get that out of my system. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

playzooki

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by playzooki » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:36 am

Thanks for the name suggestion btw. :v:

GF93

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by GF93 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:38 am

No worries. Which one?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

playzooki

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by playzooki » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:40 am

All of them

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:43 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 07:02 AM</dd></dl><div>it's illustrated in MS Paint of all things[/quote]Hey wait a minute... :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:58 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 07:02 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 04:22 AM</dd></dl><div>Stop implying my LW is bad.
[/quote]To be brutally honest, it's a pretty lame design for ARC Thwacker standards.

In a real-life scenario, you'd have trouble hitting anything with a hammer pole that short and a body that wide (And due to the lack of kinetic energy built up from the spins, it'd do very little damage anyway.), those massive wheels have little-to-nothing protecting them, barely anything interesting about it at all asides from the transitional thwacking (And even that's starting to become more and more commonplace in Thwackers.), it's illustrated in MS Paint of all things, and to top it off, the name's daft. I mean, Mr Not Very Nice? If you're going to do that, why not call the next one "Mr Meanie", or "Mr Jerk" or "Mr MOMMY HE HURT MY WIDDLE FEEWINGS"?

Quite how it's managed to win as much as it has when you've got great robots like Kite and Zombie Killer languishing at the bottom of the table I've no idea, but I'd put it down to sheer dumb luck. Maybe I am coming off as a jerk by speaking my mind on the subject, but yes. It is bad.

[/rant][/quote]Shut the fuck up. It's not his fault Kite and ZK are doing so badly.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:24 am

*DP*

In fact, you know what. I'm going to counter your absolutely ridiculous rant with one of my own.

How is it lame? You can clearly see the basic shape of it. It's actually one of the better paintbots I've seen that hasn't been done by Dylan P., or Josh, or StevenMcG. The colour scheme isn't too bad either.

How is the thwack arm short? I measured it out and it can still thwack things just fine, unlike a few other thwacks I've noticed. I might give you credit for the body width, because it look a little long, but I doubt it will cause him many losses. Also, LMFAO at your vendetta against exposed wheels... you always seem to think exposed wheels are a bad thing. There have been very few times wheels have been ripped off in CFL leagues; probably only by the really powerful spinners, and even then it's few and far between.

The name's daft? I'm sorry but that's idiotic thinking. Not Very Nice implies he's not gonna be nice to you. Fair enough because this is ROBOT COMBAT. On top of that, he can name it whatever the fuck he wants. Just like I can name my HW Cutie Honey and Josh can name his MW Harbinger and so on and so forth.

The reason he's done relatively well with it is that it's actually a decent design, as you seem to want to be blind to, and I guess you can't take that since your 'nearly perfect' LW lost to him. Well guess what, I could go into a tirade about Conqueror and point out every little thing that's wrong with it. Would you like me to do that? Furthermore, don't try and play us against playzooki. Kite and Zombie Killer couldn't pull their weight, and that's not his fault.

Now stop being such a fucking sore loser and learn to have some fun. You're really pissing off not just me, but a lot of people. I'm just the only one vocal enough to express myself the most on the issue.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by GF93 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:27 am

I wasn't blaming him for that. And to be honest, it's semi serious- I mean, it's always good to see newer members make a strong run in their debut competition, but it was more wondering aloud how it can be so that such a design can do so well whilst the aforementioned two just aren't.

But yes, sorry. That was out of line.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

playzooki

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by playzooki » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:27 am

What kody said.
Last edited by playzooki on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

GF93

LoRE Power Ratings

Post by GF93 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:28 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Aug 22 2013, 08:24 AM</dd></dl><div>Well guess what, I could go into a tirade about Conqueror and point out every little thing that's wrong with it. Would you like me to do that? [/quote]To be honest actually, yes. There are several things that need improving, and it'd be good to have some pointers.
ICE³ ROBOTICS