Day of Wreckening- Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:26 pm

Sorry man, but I'll be delayed until either later in the morning or sometime in the afternoon/evening. My laptop has entered it's do what it want's stage and everything is pretty much coming up really slowly. (I had to refresh 20 times just to get the bloody site up) But I'm sure later in the day it should be fine.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:41 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Aug 10 2013, 08:26 PM</dd></dl><div>Sorry man, but I'll be delayed until either later in the morning or sometime in the afternoon/evening. My laptop has entered it's do what it want's stage and everything is pretty much coming up really slowly. (I had to refresh 20 times just to get the bloody site up) But I'm sure later in the day it should be fine.[/quote]That's OK, man. Just as long as you get it in as soon as you can and then let me know once you've done so, that'll be great- then we can begin. Got anything in particular planned for it?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Aug 10 2013, 08:41 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Aug 10 2013, 08:26 PM</dd></dl><div>Sorry man, but I'll be delayed until either later in the morning or sometime in the afternoon/evening. My laptop has entered it's do what it want's stage and everything is pretty much coming up really slowly. (I had to refresh 20 times just to get the bloody site up) But I'm sure later in the day it should be fine.[/quote]That's OK, man. Just as long as you get it in as soon as you can and then let me know once you've done so, that'll be great- then we can begin. Got anything in particular planned for it?[/quote]Yeah, I have a bot planned for it. Gonna enter it into FRR 6. The bot's name is Pulse, but that's all I'm revealing for now.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Excellent, looking forward to seeing it. And introducing it to the sharp end of Discord's axe as well, but there'll be time for a bit of friendly chit chat before and afterwards over a pot of tea and some Jammie Dodgers, of course. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Probably Rob

Post by Probably Rob » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:58 pm

I can't remember if I entered or not. Apparently I did, so I'm happy.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:54 am

I want to get this party started

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Aug 11 2013, 03:54 AM</dd></dl><div>I want to get this party started[/quote]Soon, lad. Just need Lian's entry, now.

And Rob? Yes you did enter, you entered that improved version of Golden Destiny with the bigger axes. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:13 pm

And Pulse is now up, thanks to Kody for putting the pic on Imageshack for me, my router is really going weird atm so I couldn't do it.

You could say Pulse may have been inspired a little by Waterloo Sunset, but he's more a stand out guy for me.

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:22 pm

No weaknesses? Sounding rather overconfident, I think. =P
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:39 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Aug 11 2013, 01:22 PM</dd></dl><div>No weaknesses? Sounding rather overconfident, I think. =P[/quote]Well, the specific reason for that is because I don't really see any weaknesses beside the fact the bot has not been used before. I'm using this tournament for testing Pulse to see if there is any weaknesses that are there/need to be addressed for future tournaments. Not to mention Kody forbids me from being pessimistic, saying that's his job and his alone. So all that was left was "Give up now" or "Be a slightly cocky shit" :P
Last edited by prince palatine on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Now we have 11 entries. Fantastic. I wonder how Badnik suggests we do the schedule for this one. =P
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:59 pm

whoop whoop

use a website like this one: http://www.teamopolis.com/tools/round-r ... rator.aspx

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:28 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Aug 11 2013, 01:22 PM</dd></dl><div>No weaknesses? Sounding rather overconfident, I think. =P[/quote]Didn't they also say that about the Titanic? :v:

Seriously though, it looks like a fantastic design, should do well. Also, seeing as Lian has got Pulse in, SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED. The schedule will be arriving soon, too.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Schedule is now up&#33; If someone could pin that, that'd be great.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Done. I also fixed some typos. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux