Crazy Bots: Blazing Ruin - Weekly Spreads

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Here's part 1, rest to follow during the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlTmbR6p ... Yw&index=1

(Yes, I do look weird, plus I need to start shaving soon)

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:59 pm

Woot. Videos are fun! :D

Looking forward to the rest of the weight classes.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:54 pm

Here are mine. Sorry for missing Week 2.

Week 3

LWs

BlackRose vs. Dr. Robotnik

Think the damage factor is key here. Yeah I know Josh thinks he's going to lose, but I don't agree. :P

Dr. Robotnik = 60%

Squared vs. Mercenary

Just one flip!

Mercenary = 80%

Slither vs. The Servant's Assistant 2

Precedent is with Slither. 0-3 already, Lian?!

Slither = 75%

Scatterbrain vs. Annoying Box Rush

Annoying Box Rush will be taking damage but also dishing it out via pulverizer.

Annoying Box Rush = 70%

MWs

Merry Hampton BR vs. Stingray

I feel Stingray's forks could be the decider here, actually. Get around that pointy wedge to where it's not as effective. Merry Hampton may get those sides though. Tough call.

Stingray = 55%

Angered Mystery 3 vs. Jinx

If MassimoV is aggressive enough, MAYBE. You can't ignore aggression.

Jinx = 60%

Sarge vs. WhipCoil 4

If WhipCoil gets around Sarge's lifter, he could have it. However Badnik's RP, I have to be honest, kinda screws that up. :/

WhipCoil = 60%

Revolutions Per Minute vs. Marauder

Okay. Marauder is supposed to be a spinner killer. How's he going to react to something just as fast that can dodge the wedge?

Revolutions Per Minute = 70%

HWs

Waterloo Sunset vs. Predator

I actually see Predator winning! Yeah, more wedge. It won't be easy though, as WS has better control and can get those sides.

Predator = 55%

Malevolence II vs The Heart of Darkness

I really have to question how Heart of Darkness won last time. But w/e. I feel he'll get his just desserts here. That wedge will get ripped into badly and Chris won't be able to use it as effectively.

Malevolence II = 65%

Klarinette vs. Truth or Consequences

Just to be clear, the antennae are a pre-fight decoration as I intended them to be, and Lian went with it. :P Anyway... flips are beautiful and I see a lot of them here. I also see Nette-chan grinding the hell out of that armour. ToC for me, baby. :cool:

Truth of Consequences = 65%

Spectrum of Eternity vs. Parasite

Parasite is going to want to outdamage Spectrum. God knows Parasite has the low-enough weapon and 3 more points to do it. His rear wedge will get caught by those teeth and ripped apart.

Parasite = 55%

SHWs

Phantasmic Slammer vs. Atomic Steel

Fight for the sides, Chris. That's pretty much the only way you're winning this.

Phantasmic Slammer = 70%

Ganymede vs. Fiesta! Fiesta! Fiesta!

I really don't know, actually. Fiesta is slow as fuck, but Ganymede is going to suffer from horrible pinballing problems, even more than Fiesta.

Ganymede = 51%

Black Mamba vs. MDU

I'm not convinced having a weapon of 16, no matter what your robot's motivation is or if your stat total is 30 or 36, is going to last long. Regardless, I don't see Black Mamba being able to lift it over. Or control it much due to the shape. Sorry for the 0-3 GF93. :P

MDU = 51%

Final Boss vs. Tax Cutter

Yeah fuck you if you think I'm predicting this. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:46 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Apr 19 2013&#44; 05:54 PM</dd></dl><div> Sorry for the 0-3 GF93. :P [/quote]
Kind of anticipated that sort of view there, so no worries. It's a bit much when you don't think I can even beat Predator, though. <_<
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:50 pm

Looking at it stat and design wise, I certainly think it's plausible. RP-wise, though, we'll see.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:52 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Apr 19 2013&#44; 07:50 PM</dd></dl><div> Looking at it stat and design wise, I certainly think it's plausible. RP-wise, though, we'll see. [/quote]
Funny you should mention that actually, I've just finished the RP for it. :P

Now the other two- I think I might be able to swing it against MDU, and RPM will be trickier. I might be able to do it, but it looks like it's going to be another loss there right at the exact time I don't need one.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:43 am

I should rename this to "Bi-weekly Spreads" :v: ugh :(

Week 5

LWs

BlackRose vs. Conqueror

How do you get under all-around 8 wedges again? Oh yeah, you don't. Unless GF93 tries his good old baiting tactic. Then again, that tactic isn't uncommon so it may be expected this time.

BlackRose = 70%

Mercenary vs. The Servant's Assistant 2

I think this is where we kiss Servant's play-off hopes good-bye. :( He was a play-off contender for a long time and it's a shame he'll have to settle for missing out on it. But I feel Mercenary's got this in the bag due to the slippery profile and him being hard to flip. Lian may want to count on Chris not RPing again. :P

Mercenary = 80%

Dr. Robotnik vs. Annoying Box Rush

Rammers seem to be the Doc's favourite snack. No exception here. Though I REALLY want Nick to beat Josh here, Nick has been underachieving a lot. :(

Dr. Robotnik = 75%

Squared vs. Scatterbrain

Just... wow. They basically have the same theoretical weapon power and movement speed (when Scatterbrain is spinning, that is). I really can't call this one accurately.

I would like to know why NFX believes he has awesome linear speed when his wheel positioning creates drag that slows him down. This isn't a dig, by the way, I am genuinely interested, because I asked a question about Shadow Zone Forever in Carnage, adding a thwack tail to the back of him, and Dylan (and Ryan) told me the drag from having 4 tires would lower the thwack power because of speed loss. Just putting this out there.

Scatterbrain = 51% ?

MWs

Merry Hampton BR vs. Nuclear Mouse

Tight, but Chris can use his better speed to get to the sides maybe? Use his active weapon to lift Hampton over and nullify the wedge advantage?

Nuclear Mouse = 70%

Jinx vs. WhipCoil 4

Kody wants to use the extensions here, because those will provide amazing protection against the major jawage of WhipCoil. Conversely, Badnik will want to avoid the extensions like hell and aim for the sides. He has the drivetrain to do it.

WhipCoil = 55%

Stingray vs. Marauder

Not seeing much Marauder can do.

Stingray = 80%

Angered Mystery 3 vs. Revolutions Per Minute

Would you believe I'm actually quite confident in MassimoV here? Sure he has the control disadvantages, but that didn't stop him from laying the hurt on Jinx and Sarge, more controlled machines. That 10 armour is also really intimidating. NFX will want to strafe like hell.

Angered Mystery 3 = 60%

HWs

Waterloo Sunset vs. Pursuit

I'll give this to Waterloo. He's going to get under Pursuit every time and boss that mofo around like nobody's business.

Waterloo Sunset = 65%

The Heart of Darkness vs. Truth or Consequences

Only once beaten Chris in HW, Josh? Consider this your 2nd. ;) I have NO idea how Heart is going to deal with ToC, he is not suited to fighting flippers at all.

Truth or Consequences = 90%

Predator vs. Parasite

Bye wheels.

Parasite = 90%

Spectrum of Eternity vs Malevolence II

Malevolence's pinballing tendencies to bite him here. The faster and more controlled Spectrum will get in a lot more hits. Also his ring armour is only point below Malevolence's weapon.

Spectrum of Eternity = 65%

SHWs

Phantasmic Slammer vs. F-Dynasty

Say goodbye to that perfect streak Lian. :P Blame it on your 8WD. :P Phantasmic Slammer to totally outmaneouvre that SOB and send him to hazards.

Phantasmic Slammer = 80%

Fiesta&#33; Fiesta&#33; Fiesta&#33; vs. MDU

Something is gonna break.

MDU = 65%

Atomic Steel vs. Tax Cutter

Bad match-up for Chris, as Tax Cutter can rip those thin jaws to pieces.

Tax Cutter = 75%

Ganymede vs. Final Boss

Final Boss needs to pick up the pace&#33; I think he'll do it here against the space invader.

Final Boss = 75%

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:24 am

Hmm, that can't be a good sign, if Kody's that cocky about our LW matchup. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Post by NFX » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:25 am

I never said awesome linear speed. I just thought that 3 was the translational speed, after things like drag have been taken into account. It seems a bit daft to set the rules for translational movement, and then arbitrarily slow translational bots down.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:26 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I should rename this to "Bi-weekly Spreads"&nbsp; ugh [/quote]
Yeah about them videos Lian... :P

So yeah, it'd be nice to do half as well as the Spreads predict me to do. :lol:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks for the tips Kody :P
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:41 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Apr 29 2013&#44; 12:25 PM</dd></dl><div> I never said awesome linear speed. I just thought that 3 was the translational speed, after things like drag have been taken into account. It seems a bit daft to set the rules for translational movement, and then arbitrarily slow translational bots down. [/quote]
3 is the translational speed. I mean when you're not spinning, driving linearly. You have 9 as a drive speed, but when you're driving around with that speed, your wheel positioning will create drag that will slow you down. That's what I'm getting at.

And GF93, don't take my spreads too personally. :v:

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Apr 29 2013&#44; 12:40 PM</dd></dl><div> Thanks for the tips Kody :P [/quote]
I'm not above weakening myself. :lol:

NFX

Post by NFX » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:52 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Apr 29 2013&#44; 04:41 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Apr 29 2013&#44; 12:25 PM</dd></dl><div> I never said awesome linear speed. I just thought that 3 was the translational speed, after things like drag have been taken into account. It seems a bit daft to set the rules for translational movement, and then arbitrarily slow translational bots down. [/quote]
3 is the translational speed. I mean when you're not spinning, driving linearly. You have 9 as a drive speed, but when you're driving around with that speed, your wheel positioning will create drag that will slow you down. That's what I'm getting at.

And GF93, don't take my spreads too personally. :v: [/quote]
Ah, right. I've got no problems with that logic myself. =) How much will it slow me down by, though? I reckon that should really be quantified, so it doesn't end up being 7 one week and then 4 the next.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:09 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Apr 29 2013&#44; 11:41 AM</dd></dl><div>
And GF93, don't take my spreads too personally. :v: [/quote]
No worries man, I'm not- just mentioning that if you're that confident about it, my chances aren't looking too hot. :P

On the bright side- from analysing la Rosa Negra, I think I've got some ideas as to what I can do. If I can take advantage of my superior control to focus on certain weak spots like the corners and make good use of my adjustable air suspension to avoid the wedges, I reckon I might have a chance.
ICE³ ROBOTICS