League of Robotic Excellence: Season 1 discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Well, I guess third time isn't the charm for me in SHW (third SHW Final I've made that is to say), but oh well. Come on Jack Frost! Don't let me down!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NFX

Post by NFX » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Another finals appearance, a positive record, and breaking 100 wins. Not bad for a team of rookies. =)

Jesus Built My Hotrod is coming back for another run before the Wedge stat goes, I still reckon I've got a good shot with him.
SWARM was hilariously to play with, even if it sucked. Week 9 RP was fun. And defeated Tankasaurus Rex, so shut up Kody.
Cryoseism proved more effective than I imagined it would be. I may just slot him into my vacant FRR HW position. I may do something about that flag.
Murder Death Unit - if nothing else - proved that absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:07 pm

Oh yeah and 200 losses! Woot?

Anyway...

Zombie Killer: lol. Can't say I saw that kind of season coming, but I don't think I'll be going back to THAT well for awhile.
Harbinger: It was up and down, but I like the potential. I will probably revisit the design in the future.
ToC: A nice bounce-back tournament overall, and I'm already bringing him back for FRR.
Tali: So close... but this isn't horse shoes or hand grenades. Maybe I'll revisit the design at some point.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Uhm... 3 finals? Won? Everybody hates me now? Yay? woot-type thing?

Kite
My big disappoint but still did okay regardless. Going 4-5 in your first season isn't too bad, but he could have done better. I won't condemn you to Hell for that. :P

Luna
Finally lived up to her potential! But it'll be a long time before we see her again. Regardless, already got some upgrades planned for that distant future.

Shadow Zone Forever
41 wins?! Two titles?! 9 win streak?! A KO in a final?! Jeez, stop making everyone else look bad. :P Again, it'll be a while before we see him again, but unlike Luna I can confirm he will return for sure.

Teresa
The fembot so good I have to bring her back for a second try. Undefeated at 11 wins, she roars into Ruination, ready to punish the sinners.

so thanks to this tournament my line-ups have been altered:

Ruination 2:
Scarab
Solve et Coagula
Cutie Honey
Teresa

FRR6:
Airazor
Xianghua
Killobite
Fulcrum (sorry PA:EC)

...I'll go hide in the closet now. D:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:02 pm

I just don't understand what went wrong. Going into it, I thought Conqueror and Mamba would've have done rather well, but for whatever reason, they just didn't. If someone could just tell me what I did wrong with them...

On the other hand, I think I could be onto something with Decapitator- I was very pleased to be able to put up a good fight against Luna with it and survive, with 4 Armour no less. Bomb however, it did really well for such an old machine, and how I'd added it in as a last minute replacement. Still think it should've had that decision against Punch Buggy, but eh- it's long since happened now anyway, so not much point dwelling on it.
That notwithstanding however, I'm very happy with how Bomb's made up for the mediocre run it had last time, so I might look into giving him an overhaul, too.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:24 pm

welp

SNK: Did much better than expected. Needs a little something to go further, but otherwise I'm pleased.
WhipCoil: Finally made the playoffs and broke even overall, so definitely satisfied there.
Chemical X: No. Just no. Has already been given to Lian for him to work his magic.
Phantasmic Slammer: Still in the hunt for a title...
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

MassimoV

Post by MassimoV » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:48 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 4 2013, 03:02 PM</dd></dl><div>I just don't understand what went wrong. Going into it, I thought Conqueror and Mamba would've have done rather well, but for whatever reason, they just didn't. If someone could just tell me what I did wrong with them...[/quote]Well the problem is that they lost. Cause they were beaten

GF93

Post by GF93 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MassimoV</dt><dd>Oct 4 2013, 03:48 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 4 2013, 03:02 PM</dd></dl><div>I just don't understand what went wrong. Going into it, I thought Conqueror and Mamba would've have done rather well, but for whatever reason, they just didn't. If someone could just tell me what I did wrong with them...[/quote]Well the problem is that they lost. Cause they were beaten[/quote]Cheers for that Admiral Lord Obvious, that never did occur to me. :v:

Seriously though, some pointers or reasons why would be nice.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Why do you need an explanation? Sometimes they just don't do well.

NFX

Post by NFX » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:51 pm

Zombie Killer. :v:

Anyway, well done to Badnik for putting together a great tournament, and then kind of running it. =P
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

Post by GF93 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Basically, I feel like I need some of the pointers to better myself for next time. It's so I can definitely know what went wrong and how I can rectify them, what does and doesn't work, and how I can utilise all the knowledge to my advantage when I'm in there, and maybe win. A little learning, really. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:08 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 4 2013, 03:53 PM</dd></dl><div>Seriously though, some pointers or reasons why would be nice.[/quote]you didnt win the match because you lost the coin flip. its that simple.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:11 pm

What some n00bcake won three championships??? Oh no, you didn't.... :P

Interesting enough, Reflector Shield and Teresa are now both returning without losing the crown AND after their 3-title season. It's on, Kody. Prepare to be reflected&#33;
Last edited by Area51Escapee on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:02 am

Haha, you're probably gonna kick my ass.