CAD Request Thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

CAD Request Thread

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu May 14, 2009 7:00 pm

Now that I have some time, I can do a few requests as long as there are not too many.

If you want me to help you out, gimme a simple description but try not to go into excessive detail. If there's a concept that's hard to describe in words, a simple word pic might be helpful. It's all up to you but if you need the help, I'll be around.

britespark

CAD Request Thread

Post by britespark » Fri May 15, 2009 10:25 am

If I send ya a paint pic through PM, any chance you could CAD it for me? :)

Area51Escapee

CAD Request Thread

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri May 15, 2009 11:37 am

Go for it!

lewis

CAD Request Thread

Post by lewis » Fri May 15, 2009 12:01 pm

I know this is annoying for everyone who does CADS, bit I have no way of making any decent images for my robots. If anyone would do a CAD or any old image really then I have descriptions below

LW: Thwedge

Very simple really, it's a box that is wide rather than long, about 60cm wide and 25cm long. There are two exposed wheels on either side of the box that are bigger than the robot itself, plus a hinged wedge at the front of the robot, hinged so that it will flop over when flipped. Then at the rear there is a Toe Crusher-style pick axe, but with four spikes, one in each direction, so that it can perform overhead and horizontal thwacks. This arm is connected to an Overkill style drum that is visible at the back of the box, so it can perform overhead thwacks even when inverted. The whole robot body is dark blue, but the name is written on top in red and the hinged wedge is gold. The thwacking arm is grey.

MW: Hyper-Ventilate 1.2

All you need from those stats really are the shape, colour, dimensions and weaponry. It is the 2nd post on the page.

HW: Compression 1.1

All you need from those stats really are the shape, colour, dimensions and weaponry. It is the 2nd post on the page.

SHW: Inflammatory Slammer

Thank you very much if you have the time or motivation to do them :)

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

CAD Request Thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri May 15, 2009 12:55 pm

LEWIS! Good to see you, mate! :)
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

lewis

CAD Request Thread

Post by lewis » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:37 pm

...It's me again ... :P But I'm asking for slightly less as I already have a heavyweight

Chris is doing an adjustment to my SHW CAD for me, and Kody was going to do my LW and MW but he has had to withdraw those offers, I was just wondering if anyone has the time to do one or both of the remaining CADS? Just post here/PM me and I'll PM you the details and hopefully a crappy paint pic to help.

Area51Escapee

CAD Request Thread

Post by Area51Escapee » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:11 pm

After I finish with your SHW and some of the other requests, I can try to do your others possibly. You can post the descriptions here just in case I decide to or PM them to me. Either way, that'd be great.

lewis

CAD Request Thread

Post by lewis » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:27 pm

okay thanks for trying Chris :) The paint pic of my MW isn't un-useable, so if you decide to do these then do the lightweight first as it's too complicated for me to paint :lol:

Lightweight ~ Hit 'em Hard
The successor to Thwedge, with a better name, redesigned as a spinner-killer. It's now a Psychotron-style wedge (meaning that the wheels are protected from the front , but not from the sides or rear, but the wheels don't protrude past the sides of the wedge), but much shorter and steeper. The Toe-Crusher style axe is still at the back but the handle and axe head are thicker this time for anti-spinner holes to be drilled in, but the axehead is still double headed and retains the horizontal spikes too. The wedge is hinged on the drive axis, but also has two hinged spikes on the its front on either corner of the wedge, so these run flush to the ground because the wedge itself is already hinged. Works equally well either way up, and is dark blue with the name in yellow on the wedge. Spikes and axe are silver/grey.

Middleweight ~ Armageddon
Bad paint pic :(

Controlled rammer with front hinged wedges (all of same size) and rear anti-spinner ram. The black thingies are wheels and there are side skirts.

prince palatine

CAD Request Thread

Post by prince palatine » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:16 am

Hey there guys i thought i might as well get myself some CADS done as i might enter ARC Aftermath

Also im gonna need help on converting the stats to arc style

The Servant (LW for ARC)
Weight: 100kg
Shape: Mute (S7)
Colour: Blood Red
Dimensions: 67cm x 96cm x 26cm
Drive: 4x 24v S28-400 Magmotors powered by 5x NiCad Battlepacks
Locomotion: 4 Mute-style wheels.
Armour: 5mm titanium
Speed: 35mph
Ground Clearance: 0mm at front, 5mm elsewhere.
Turning Circle: 0m
Weapon: A full-pressure rear-hinged Co2 flipper(looks a lot like Chaos 2's) powered by a fire extinguisher using a 70mm bore 100mm stroke ram. It can flip 500kg.
Srimech: Flipper
Strengths: Very fast.
Weaknesses: Untested in battle
Bio: Essentially an updated Mute, Team Blood Mages' Servant is prepared to do some damage.
Win/Loss Ratio: N/A

Hammer & Nails 2 MW
Shape: A box wedge, like Comengetorix (S6)
Colour: Black everywhere with a picture of a tool kit on the baseplate.
Dimensions: 133cm x 90cm x 40cm
Drive: 2 B42-500 Magmotors at 60v, putting out 60hp, powered by 4x NiCad battlepacks
Locomotion: 6 vulkanized rubber wheels with Aluminum hubs.
Armour: A 3.5mm Hardox chassis with 5mm Armox plates slit through slots in the chassis. Sort of like Bandwagon 3.
Speed: 17mph
Weapon: 2 rack-and-pinion style axes, using a 120mm bore 180mm stroke ram and 2 2kg Co2 tanks. Each has a Hydra-style axehead with a diamond-tipped point. They can easily put out 1000kg, enough force to poke holes through steel.
Srimech: The axes.
Strengths: Tough armour, good axes, good design.
Weaknesses: None discovered yet.
Bio: V2 of Hammer & Nails uses 2 axes and Armox to get the job done.

Dr. Thwack HW
Shape: Biohazard.
Colour: Malachite green
Dimensions: 80cm x 75cm x 10cm
Drive: 4x 24v S28-400 Magmotors, powered by 3x 3000mAh NiCad Battlepacks
Locomotion: El Diablo Grande-style rubber tank tracks.
Armour: 4mm hardox
Speed: 20mph
Ground Clearance: 0mm all around thanks to 3mm titanium skirts. 5mm without skirts.
Weapon: A 10kg pneumatic hammer, powered by a fire extinguisher using a 90mm bore 200mm stroke ram. It hits an opponent at 70mph.
Srimech: The hammer.
Strengths: Powerful weapon, nearly unflippable.
Weaknesses: Untested.
Bio: Lian Walsh's 2nd ever robot design.
Win/Loss Ratio: 1/0

Curse of the Deep SHW
Weight: 150kg
Shape: An angle-scoop front with sloped sides and rear wedge.
Colour: Emerald green.
Dimensions: 115cm x 90cm x 40cm
Drive: 2 LEM-130 motors, powered by 2 48v 3000mAh NiCad Battlepacks.
Locomotion: 2 100mm diameter CNC hubs with a 10mm thick layer of polyurethane stickied on them.
Armour: 7mm Hardox
Speed: 15mph
Weapon: A powerful rack & pinion axe with a 5kg Terrorhurtz-style axehead, running on 250psi, and powered by 2 2kg Co2 tanks providing power for a 180mm bore 200mm stroke ram. The axe puts out around 1000kg of force, and can hit an opponent at either the front or back due to its rack & pinion design.
Srimech: The axe. The sides prevent it from being stranded.
Strengths: Big axe.
Weaknesses: Axes aren't that effective...
Bio: The Deep series becomes slightly less effective, but far more modern with the introduction of Curse of the Deep.

any advice on converting stats to ARC style welcome (Wait a tick... This is a CAD request post, but oh well)

MadBull

CAD Request Thread

Post by MadBull » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:50 am

Lian, you realise today's the deadline for the signups dont you? :P

I dont have the time to do 4 CAD's today, nor to convert your stats for you, but I can give you the advice Ive also given on the FRA boards a while back regarding Mark's FRA/ARC tourney

my advise for Jordan and his translation to ARC style stats is to look where the focus of your robot bot is and rank your stats accordingly rather than just dive into a mathematical thing you cant solve. If you have 100 points to divide (hypothetical number) and believe your robot has a great weapon, medium armour and a bad speed and traction, just say Weapon=50, Armour=25, Speed=13 and Traction=12, all random numbers of course.

prince palatine

CAD Request Thread

Post by prince palatine » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:02 am

Ok thanks for the advice,

Maybe next time :D

Meganew

CAD Request Thread

Post by Meganew » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:28 am

Hey, Lian!

You might want to ask Area51Escapee if he can do them, or you could make pictures in MS Paint.

As for ARC stats, my suggestion would be:

The Servant:
Weapon: 3
Armour: 9
Traction: 5
Speed: 5

Hammer & Nails 2:
Weapon: 8(+4 power hammer bonus)
Armour: 7
Traction: 4
Speed: 3

Dr. Thwack:
Weapon: 7(+3 power hammer bonus)
Traction: 4
Speed: 4

Curse of the Deep:
Weapon: 10(+5 power hammer bonus)
Traction: 1
Speed: 4

prince palatine

CAD Request Thread

Post by prince palatine » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Ok when hes online

Thanks for the help Mark as i kind of bad at this stuff :D

ajrobotics

CAD Request Thread

Post by ajrobotics » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Hi Lian,

I was bored so I decided to draw The Servant for you. It's not very good, but feel free to use it if you want it.

Sparkey989

CAD Request Thread

Post by Sparkey989 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:01 pm

I might do Dr. Thwack if you want ;D
it would take me a day to do lol if you want it quality :D