Okay so, because I am a schlepp...

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Okay so, because I am a schlepp...

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:33 am

I think one of the big things that made people feel like they had to lengthen their rps and try really hard was the kind of pervasive vibe that a short RP would never ever ever cut it, no matter what.

if writers are cool with short RPs it should be fine. by cool with I mean like, if the opponent does something clever or unexpected, they still deserve some sort of advantage, but don't have the simple rper do some sort of awful strategy just because they didn't expressly say they wouldn't do it. they're just giving you more creative license to write an interesting fight by not holding you to the exacts of a dense 500 word rp.

idk I just always mentally go back to the absolute shitstorm that happened when I took Spin2Win seriously. sometimes you can get to the point in 2 words - why shouldn't you be allowed to?

"actually going out of your way to be an asshole because you don't like a rule or a result (Laz, Monsterworks)."

you should include me in that list. I pulled that shit and im not proud of it but we gotta acknowledge our past mistakes.

idk if any of this makes sense or if it's just rambling im in a weird headspace rn but like. idk. just. wishing past mistakes could be undone and all that.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:36 am

yeah for a while i took arc way too seriously and ended up burning myself out and probably making a bunch of people uncomfortable in the process. i'm definitely past that now. i'm pretty sure i'll enter this as a one-off and we'll see where things go from there... my passion for robots is definitely dwindling as it stands but that's more about the state of the sport irl than anything.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:14 pm

Okay so... poll, then.

This account is in a state of dimensional flux