Mechanized Annihilation Predictions

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Mechanized Annihilation Predictions

Post by British-Robotics » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:21 am

Get your predictions coming through as to who will do well in Mechanized Annihilation :)

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: Mechanized Annihilation Predictions

Post by Trihunter » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:06 am

Here's what I got as a preliminary ranking. Full written analysis later. No ordering within tiers, currently.

Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Venice Queen
Team: β€½ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:06 pm

order within tiers matters, I dont wanna do a full list & commentary.

some notes as I go

B tier, in addition to havin the decent bots, is also reserved for either creative but generally unproven designs that I think could do well (MADSCIENCE is the only bot that's ever been like whipscorpion, and it had a much more favorable ruleset. it could easily do great, but who knows, yknow?), or anything with 6 or less armor that will inevitably die to a spinner.

Radium // I really like the drivetrain stats on this, it should work well

deadshot // only reason this went out early in my tournament is pat disappeared.

Daisy Bell // armor bonus is too high: 12 (+1) would have been sufficient; something's gonna shock damage it to death. probably should have moved it to A tier tbh but im done thinking lmao

yo ACCELERATOR looks badass as hell not enough armor for spinners, but I like the 5/5/1 drivetrain line a lot. iterate on this for a few tournaments and it'll be a serious contender - it could already make a deep run

Raging Retsuko // look up some of Tongue of the Fatman's fights if you haven't already, this sort of design has a surprisingly high ceiling

powerdrive's wide stance should help a lot with tanking other spinners. he c h o n k

did you make constriction's crusher arm yourself? aesthetics on that bot slap

ejector's armor bonus is definitely too large lmao

Rampage // weird flex but ok

Electric Worry / I love the name and the look

overmind is adorable

I have no idea what long john's weapon is. I assume lifter given you already have a flipper

RRR is legitimately clever and might win a fight or two

number muncher is a cutie

Carapace // πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€πŸ¦€

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:10 pm

my-image (4).png
my-image (4).png (683.8 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
The bots are listed loosely in order of how likely they are to win, even within one tier.

TIER S

Neophyte Redglare:
This is what happens when you ban pure bricks, you get a brick with a 1-point mystery weapon.
Also the fuck is homestruck?

OBEY:
Also counts as brick with mystery weapon, thing is fast and rather tanky.
The one point weapon is a pneumatic flipper that does the snake thing huh. My grandma has a stronger grab than that clamp lol.

Answermancer:
Well rounded lifter clamp, should be tanky enough.
The minibot is an experiment really, i just want to see if an actual minibot is somewhat viable in ARC (probably not tbh).

Infowars DOT com:
Solid 2WD front hinged flipper, not much to say really.

Worldbreaker:
The big scary deathspinner, should be effective at that.
Is going to lose when it runs into one of the totaly not bricks from above, gets a lucky shot from a deathhammer or something fast enough snipes those very exposed and vulnerable looking threads.

TIER A

The J:
This is my dark horse if you will.
Yeah sure it has no armor and it looks very flimsy, the anti hs wedge can't do its job and the regular forks are way way too long for their own good but listen this thing is fast af and has no problem running circles around the competiton while not being a threat to itself. If Code Red RPs correctly this is going to win until it runs into the ICEwave clone going around or something similar.

Ejector II:
Pretty solid brit flipper, there is nothing wrong with it. This checks all the boxes.

Why Won't Cute Girls Sleep With Me, I Have 10,000+ Hours In Sleeping:
Funny name, well rounded cheese wedge flipper. Less flashy that i would expect it to be.

Radium:
Brick
The +3 to the front wedge is too much tbh.

C'est La Vie:
Sometimes it do be like that.
Tombclone, i would complain about not going with the typical 4/2/1/16/7 but with this field this might actually be a good idea.

V-TEC:
Deathflipper lul. This could either work very well or very badly.

Midnight Madness:
Yesus that drivetrain, this is going to dominate until it runs into an hs. Watch this thing get KOed by a control vertical spinner.

Clown:
honk
Walking death hammer, few bots here came prepared for this.

Caucasus:
AKA Niggan't
Sewer snek clone, 2 torque isn't enough against many bots here, would complain about being a bit underarmored but there is only one 16+ spinner and not many 15s.

Carapace:
This should play out like Clown but a bit more normal and slightly worse imo.

Frigid Touch:
Semi control vert, the lack of big hitters makes this rather good, not sure about 2 torque tho.

No Fun Allowed:
It's going to kick as until it runs into something with a decent weapon.

PuriN:
The ICEwave clone, there is no good reason for this to not be 4/2/1/16/7. Still there is a worringly high number of bots here that stand no chance against this so...

Electric Worry
This is the control vert that's going to stop Midnight Madness.
Will win till it draws a big spinner.
Weird choice of a pic to put first in the post tho.

TIER B

Petaflare II:
Would be higher but i don't have faith in crushers in general. Consider this A-.

Powerdrive 2020:
Well rounded semi control vert. ARC isn't very friendly to well rounded designs tho. In the same boat as Petaflare, sorta A-.
HEY YO WHY DOES THIS HAVE 32 POINTS?

Crime Scene:
Powerdrive but a bit tankier. The weaker weapon means its only going to damage the really flimsy bots so idk. Should do alright.

Rampage:
This is the bot i just talked about but with a stronger wedge. So much for the no two bots with same weapon per team.

DAISY BELL:
Armor a bit overkill and a slightly awkward shape. For what it is the drivetrain is rather underpowered, will struggle to get bots high enough on the wedge for the weapon to actually do something.

Running With Scissors:
Holy shit this is the cartooniest thing i have seen in ARC and i love it.
If i am understanding this correctly the flipper is not part of the armor bonus so it only has 9 armor, kinda succ. The 11 armor in the tip sux too but there isn't any vertical scary enough for this to be a problem (the undercutter deathspinner will be a problem tho).

Constriction:
This looks rad af, too bad i already said i have no faith in crushers.

Overmind:
Dies to any weapon that can even try to deal damage, should be pretty effective at bullying bots tho.

Flutterdash:
Kinda like Overmind, may or may not be more effective. It has Pat driving instead of me if you think that that's gonna make a difference.

Whipscorpion:
Meltybrain, would be lower but there is too many things without an answer to this. It does have a chance of working out really well actually.

Ace 5: ACCELERATOR:
Looks very cool. Has a chance of working out very well but i am not sure about it, a tad too slow but not quite deathflipper, also not quite enough armor.

Coward's Way Out:
Not sure about the stats miss, the weapon isn't deadly enough to justify only 4 speed. Maybe i am wrong tho and this thing will kick ass then.

TIER C
At this point there is actually a few noticeable gaps between the level of the remaining bots so tier C got split into 3 smaller tiers.

Buzz Saw Bill:
This isn't a sawbot this is a brick with a mistery weapon, if TDG is an ARC veteran on an alt account this bot is has a shot at winning the whole thing.
The armor is complete overkill and the bot isn't fast enough for a true brick so...

Nocturne and Deadshot:
These bots are similar enough that i am literally dumping them together.
They fell for this trap that hammers somehow tend to fall in the most of trying to have a good weapon but not wanting to get outdriven too much so they take a few points from the weapon and put it into drivetrain, unfortunately ending with a bot that isn't fast enough to control opponents nor powerful enough to damage them.
Not sure which one would win if they fought against each other, picking Nocturne for the looks alone lol.

Overload:
Hey bruh you only got 28 points.
If you dump your 2 points into armor and leave it at that you stay here in the list.
If you take out the wedge armor bonus and invest your points into weapon and/or armor you armor you get promoted to tier B.
If you go 6/4/1/12/7 or 5/3/1/14/7 you might be able to sneak into tier A or at least the top of tier B.
Do nothing or do something stupid like investing on torque and you fall well into tier D.

Perry: The Platypus:
Pretty sure you meant "Armor: 9 (+2 for the additional wedges)" instead of 7. as of right now you are throwing away 2 points in your armor config while simultaneously making it ilegal.
So anyways this thing, the stats and design are solid but the concept behind it all is weird af.
It could work, or could not (it probably wont).

TIER D

Wolverine:
Yo, the order of your bots in the description is different than to order they appear in the pics, thanks for the confusion.
So the one 4/2/1/16/7 bot we got is this flipper, huh.
A lot of bots here are either be able to dodge your weapon entirely or kill you before you get a chance to attack. The ones that can't do either are likely toast tho.

Number Muncher:
Funny idea, i don't think its going to work well.
Stats are alright.

Long John:
Complete overkill in the armor department.
The no 2 bots with same weapon per team should make this a lifter, which would mean this thing is screwed.
Even if it is a flipper, it's not powerful enough to justify how slow it is.
Strafing will help and i am assuming it has hinged wedgelets besides the flipper which should also help but still.

Cha Cha Slide:
le funny name bot.
Why the heck is the normal config the very last picture shown?
So this thing, the stats really are in the middle of nowhere. Wont be able to do anything right.
The HS config self destructs after a few hits so it wont be very useful, its hopeless against other spinners anyways. It will be able to get EZ wins against the several tinfoil armor bots here tho.
Also the vert config isn't really invertible, you need the four mechanums on the floor to move properly. You may be able to move straight back and forth or strafe (not simultaneously) but that's about it.
Cool render tho.

Raging Retsuko:
3 speed is just not going to be enough to do much.
I dont think it's going to be able to do the Tongue of the Fatman thing, you will need at least a noticeably more powerful flipper.

TIER XD

Heavenhound XXXXXXVIIII:(I got the name right, right?)
Le stupidly ilegal stats bot, you can't just change stats into something completely different per config cuz rulez lol.
Might be decent if it gets legal stats.

Cap’n Coconut: The Crab of your Nightmares:
25 renders really?
This bot is an acid trip. Insert link to crab rave here.
The concept is just not going to work. When you get multiple smaller weapons instead of one big one you end up with weapons that literally do no damage, specially if you don't go that big into the weapon stat in the first place.
Stats aren't great but they aren't too bad either.
One shot config is ilegal but it doesn't matter as it wont be even close of killing in one shot. Even if it had unlimited shots 12 damage will struggle to kill a lot of bots.
The one shot strat tends to not work in ARC anyways.

Ryuunosuke: The Recalcitrant Ryu:
I would say that this is winning a fight for sure but this is single elimination so not group stage so that likely ain't happening.
Like with Perry, i think you meant to say "Armor: 10 (+2 for wedge / +1 claws and wedge)" for the armor configs for the same reasons.
Anyways this is a thing.
FEARLESS INNOVATION 100
Bad idea for sure, don't know how bad of an idea. Something like this could work to some level i think.

TIER No

The Woodiest Wood:
You are not going to be able to land that hit, you just wont.
It wouldn't work anyways, everytime someone tries the one hit double KO thing in ARC the self destructing bot loses a 8-7 judges' decision.

A Man And His Baguette:
AKA Le Cool French Artiste and OuiOui Chan.

The weapon in Artiste is interesting, probably wont work buts good to try. It wont work anyways beacuse the stats on it are complete dogshit. It also only has 23 points instead of 24 for some reason, but that doesn't really change anything. Just changing the drivetrain from 3/3/6 to 6/4/2 would do wonders. The closest statline of what you have that would sorta work (and thus recomend when you hopefully change the stats because of the missing point) would be 6/5/3/2/8

As for the loaf of bread, the stats actually make some sense.
It has 2 points into weapon but it says nothing about what the weapon is or what it does, i am assuming that either there is a lifter hidden or the mustache is articulated just for the shits and giggles (if so just use 1 point for it plz)
You may want to get a tad more torque and/or armor, but those stats should work.
The shape makes it relatively very slow to turn tho.

Not sure how much of a shitpost this bot is so i did actually bother to write all that just in case.

Crash Test Granny:
Mandatory assbot, should be pretty effective at that.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:06 pm

from the top
  • The J -- 10 speed should give it an easy time against a lot of non-damaging bots up until it takes a few too many hits from the hazards or instadies against anyone with an actual weapon.
  • Electric Worry -- Not entirely convinced tcrrrr will use it's advantages as a control bot.
  • Cha Cha Slide -- This would do a lot better if the rules had robots4-style repeated hits.
  • Why Won't Cute Girls etc etc -- 1 torque is sus and that flipper is conspicuously close to 50% of the surface area
  • Caucasus -- Yeah, it's a brick alright. 2 torque is slightly less bad than WWCGetc but still iffy.
  • Petaflare II -- Crushers get +2 weapon bonus, meaning this kills a standard 9 chassis armor brick in something like 10 seconds.
  • Le Cool French Artiste -- but why?
  • OuiOui Chan -- OK this one is kinda funny
  • Heavenhound XXXXXXVIIII (lifter) -- 6 torque is cool and all, but like... you only have 5 speed to begin with. You also can't change non-weapon/armor stats between configs.
  • Crash Test Granny -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWksPWDKOc
  • Overmind -- These could have been flippers tbh
  • V-TEC -- (throws your robot into the wall and shatters it into a bajillion pieces) (refuses to elaborate)
  • Answermancer -- People are going to aggro the minibot first and kill it in one ram. This basically means the bigger half gets 1 free grab and turns into a subpar clamp for the rest of the match.
  • Overload -- Falls onto it's side and gets counted out.
  • Long John -- Falls onto it's side and gets counted out.
  • Wolverine -- I think this one can probably get off it's side, but the opponent will have a fun time shoving it around in the meanwhile. Wedge also seems very... not-wedgy.
  • OBEY -- 11 armor isn't going to hold up against spinners, but otherwise should do fine.
  • Midnight Madness -- Does the classic Archangel trademark move of having a bajillion torque in place of armor. Loses pretty much instantly against anything with 11+ weapon, might do decent against bricks. It's OBEY but worse, basically.
  • Coward's Way Out -- 50/50 on whether this gimps the opponent on the first collision or not.
  • Neophyte Redglare -- It's not "generic brick" guys c'mon it has a clamp on the back that's kinda cool I think :(
  • Infowars DOT com -- Probably should have given this an extra point of speed, but odds are it won't have too much of an impact.
  • Clown -- I hope this wins round 1 so I can do the thing.
  • Ryuunosuke: The Recalcitrant Ryu -- This won't work as well as you think it will.
  • Cap’n Coconut: The Crab of your Nightmares -- Another case of "did not read the multiple config rules".
  • Perry: The Platypus -- Why in the world do you need a 7 power lifter? Configs are also not rule-abiding.
  • Number Muncher -- I really want this to do well even though I know it'll lose in round 1 or 2 or something. It's quirky.
  • Running With Scissors -- (sonic the hedgehog spring sound effect)
  • Carapace -- +2 to the pontoons is a mistake I feel.
  • flutterdash -- Can people please stop using ambiguous x/x/x/x/x statlines? Does it have 5 weapon and 3 armor or 3 armor and 5 weapon?? Should do adequately (not great, but not bad) either way.
  • deadshot -- nah bro who put this in S tier lol
  • Whipscorpion -- IIRC robots can only drive at a minimum of 75% top speed. That's ~12 speed with 2 traction. This is a thwack only. Also wanna say this takes 4 self damage?
  • Worldbreaker -- ooga booga me big spinner me smash opponent. Let's hope Deadshot or Clown can pop that motor out.
  • No Fun Allowed -- You should have really just gone all-in on making this an armorless speedbox
  • Nocturne -- This wins against low-armor spinners only. Even then, it's not going to be consistent.
  • PuriN -- Jury's out on whether this self-rights or not. If not, a big part of this robot's win condition is "don't get flipped over ever", and the condition for that is "don't let my blade slow down". Easier said than done.
  • DAISY BELL -- Extremely high-up flipper cripples what'd otherwise be a solid contender.
  • C'est La Vie -- That weapon is almost certainly bigger than the wheelbase.
  • Radium -- If that's 4 torque then this is definitely going to roll some heads.
  • Frigid Touch -- Kills spinners, not much else.
  • The Woodiest Wood -- yea ok buddy
  • Ace 5: ACCELERATOR -- "Can people please stop using ambiguous x/x/x/x/x statlines? Does it have [9] weapon and [10] armor or [10] armor and [9] weapon?? Should do adequately (not great, but not bad) either way."
  • Raging Retsuko -- 3/3 is just slightly too low to successfully camp out opponents. I'd have gone with 4/4
  • Powerdrive 2020 -- "This robot has a schrimech from the back", proceeds to not give any points to said srimech.
  • Constriction -- Thinly-veiled bossfight disguised as an opponent. Hit the QTEs in time or else you die in one ~8 second bite. That is, if the 6/4 drivetrain cooperates.
  • Ejector II -- This probably gets kowtowed by some other brick with longer forks.
  • Crime Scene -- People are gonna think those antennas are an actual solid part of the robot and write it as getting stuck on it's back.
  • Rampage -- I know this is a meme entry, but the statline is unironically kind of decent and it might win a match or 2.
  • Buzz Saw Bill -- I swear this is one of Sparkey or Badnik's old MS paint robots. That sort of colorful blob with no lineart reminds me of those, anyway. Statline might cause some shenanigans but otherwise not expecting too much.
Tier list thrown together in 5 minutes, don't take it as gospel. If I contradict myself at all then go with whatever I said above :V