ARC All Stars Redux

Section for tournament polls. Other stuff, such as CFL All-Stars, are located here.
Badnik96

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:26 pm

Yep it's back. 32 teams of robots from all eras battling it out to see which is the best. I took the best of 31 teams' rosters, and for the 32nd team I chose some "one-hit wonder" bots from teams that didn't have much success, IE Miscreant or Gila.

Voting for the first round will end Friday, February 7, 2014.

LW Brackets:
http://challonge.com/ARCAllStarsLW
MW Brackets:
http://challonge.com/ArcAllStarsMW
HW Brackets:
http://challonge.com/ArcAllStarsHW
SHW Brackets:
http://challonge.com/ArcAllStarsSHW
Last edited by Badnik96 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Area51Escapee

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:12 pm

Yay! Thanks for doing this. This is cool. I'll have my votes in sometime tomorrow. Lot of interesting first round matches.

MassimoV

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by MassimoV » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:15 pm

Voted, though I've never seen Yeeow! Hot Bees, Miscreant, Mister/Majestic, SHUTout, or Endeavor so that made it a little difficult.

succotash_54

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by succotash_54 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:11 pm

I just wish to state that I sincerely doubt the veracity of a tournament billed as "All-Star" where Warper is the MW of choice from my team. Was this just decided by whichever bot fought the most matches per weight class per team? If so, I'm surprised it's Babaganoush and not Pinpoint. Guess I need to look it up again.

Badnik96

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:22 pm

I just picked the robot from each weight class with the most success/wins. Looking at your record, it looked like Warper had the best. Unless you want a different robot?
Team Ignition

succotash_54

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by succotash_54 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:36 pm

Warper's fine enough. Just that he's become something of a joke now, in kind of a running gag way. Besides, the voting's begun. No need to rock the boat.

Badnik96

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:29 pm

Kinda sad, I always liked Dr. Inferno esque designs. When I almost roped my friend into ARC, his LW for LoRE was going to be one. Maybe I can get him back for FRR...
Team Ignition

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by GF93 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:28 am

Lethal Injection 2, Tornedron, Dreadnought, and Waterloo Sunset are in there? Awesomeness, it'll be interesting to see how they do against the ARC greats. Just out of interest though, what do Chain-Linked Launcher, F-Bomb and There Goes the Night Train look like? Just so I'll have some idea of what I'm up against.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:02 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 4 2014, 08:28 AM</dd></dl><div>Chain-Linked Launcher[/quote]Strange conveyer belt wedge.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div> F-Bomb [/quote]
Shit.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>There Goes the Night Train [/quote]
Vomit.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:48 am

F-Bomb was a "wedge". And by wedge I mean not really.

There Goes the Night Train is the foulest, most vile piece of shit to ever grace the face of robotic combat and if Tony had any decency, he would go back in time and stop it from ever existing.

But that's just my take.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by GF93 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:34 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 4 2014, 09:48 AM</dd></dl><div>There Goes the Night Train is the foulest, most vile piece of shit to ever grace the face of robotic combat and if Tony had any decency, he would go back in time and stop it from ever existing.

But that's just my take.[/quote]So, I'd probably win against it? That's good. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Siphai

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by Siphai » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:56 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 4 2014, 09:48 AM</dd></dl><div>There Goes the Night Train is the foulest, most vile piece of shit to ever grace the face of robotic combat and if Tony had any decency, he would go back in time and stop it from ever existing.

But that's just my take.[/quote]That's a little extreme. Cutie Honey exists.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:57 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Feb 4 2014, 10:56 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 4 2014, 09:48 AM</dd></dl><div>There Goes the Night Train is the foulest, most vile piece of shit to ever grace the face of robotic combat and if Tony had any decency, he would go back in time and stop it from ever existing.

But that's just my take.[/quote]That's a little extreme. Tank exists. [/quote]ftfy
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

succotash_54

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:07 pm

LOL There Goes The Night Train wasn't all bad. It had such a glaring weakness that one was always glad to go up against it. Funny how I was the first one to notice it like 5 or 6 weeks in though. His playoff hopes went egregiously downhill after Rascal embarrassed the living fuck out of it.

GF93

ARC All Stars Redux

Post by GF93 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:15 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 4 2014, 10:57 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Feb 4 2014, 10:56 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 4 2014, 09:48 AM</dd></dl><div>There Goes the Night Train is the foulest, most vile piece of shit to ever grace the face of robotic combat and if Tony had any decency, he would go back in time and stop it from ever existing.

But that's just my take.[/quote]That's a little extreme. Phantasmic Slammer exists. [/quote]ftfy[/quote]And again. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS