ROBOT4

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

ROBOT4

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:56 pm

ROBOT4

Signup Deadline/tournament start: May 30, 9PM PST (May 31st, 12 EST / 5 GMT). tournament will start IMMEDIATELY - absolutely no late entries accepted, there's people in queue behind you who will be admitted instead.

Staff:
me!
Shaba
Laz

Brackets:

Single elimination, double elim from quarters onwards

Tournament Rules:

500 word soft limit on RPs. If you exceed that limit more than once and it pisses off the writers you get a hard 400 limit. I know I’m saving mine for a finals.

Don’t be a dick. If you are a dick, expect to suddenly see an FF that has you getting killed in an amusing fashion. Trash talk is obviously allowed just keep it at some semblance of friendly. ALSO don’t read your opponent’s rps. The point here is to have fun, not to cheat.

Spin2win is a fine RP and a 2 sentence summary is a fine result, if that is what the match requires.

RPS are due Saturday, 11:59 EST/9PM PST/5AM GMT. Change stats between configs? Tell your opponent by Wednesday, 9PM EST.

Fights are Judged on Aggression (knows when to get aggressive, initiates fights, chases down disadvantaged opponents), Damage (or, in the absence of damaging weapons, overall effective use of weapons/arena), and Control (knows when to retreat, quickly escapes from disadvantaged situations or uses them to their advantage, accommodates for arena and abilities of their and their opponent’s bot)

Building rules:
All robots submitted must include at least one still image (and are encouraged to contribute multiple images or a sketchfab render or whatever the fuck V900 does with his backdrops), and a description that clarifies anything not immediately obvious in the render.

ARC Ruleset: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ka3 ... JtECk/edit

I will be modifying the rules as follows:

Patch Notes version:

==> Repeated Hits Damage:
If Your Weapon equals your opponent’s Armor, you will still be able to break through that armor in 12 hits. For every point of weapon you are below their armor, it will take 2 additional hits. For every point of weapon you are above their armor, it will take less hits to puncture an opponent’s armor, as noted here:
damage: 0>1>2>3>4>5>6
hits: 12>10>8>6>4>2>1
These rules are guidelines for the approximate time it will take you to destroy a single location on your opponents: situations in-match may adjust the exact numbers, and if yall flame writers for not saying the exact numbers of hits and shit, don’t expect to get away with it.

Flails will not benefit from repeated hits. weapons below 5 power will not benefit from repeated hits.

==> Crushers Deal Damage Like Saws, and can be multi-speed for no point investment. Chainsaws act as Saws.

==> Vertical Thwack Damage is (speed+tra)/2 . ramming damage is still (speed+torque)/2.

==> Hammers Deal No Bonus Damage, do get +1 shock damage

==> Shells don’t get the +4 armor bonus any more.

==> Melties get +5 to traction for the purposes of spinning up, Speed+weapon cannot exceed 18

==> A bot with a -2 control ratio is capable of being flanked EVEN IF it is faster than its opponent if it has lost control. this is left to writer’s discretion: I will be writing it at something like a 10-15% chance, I think (subject to change with staff conversations)

==> Three (3) Total Configs are Allowed. Two (2) Stat Lines are allowed Total. All Configs that change stats or weapon archetypes must declare by Wednesday.
This limit includes ALL variables: wedge variations, hammer blockers, mobile armor bonuses, wedgelets, etc.. Be creative with your 3 options.

==> To represent their weight bonuses: Walkers get 2 extra points, and are limited to 5 speed. Shufflers get one extra point, and are limited to 7 speed. Shufflers and Walkers must adhere to sportsman rules in all divisions, and are given no weight (and therefore no stat) bonuses in the sportsman division.

==>Sportsman Rules:

All wedges must be on an active weapon or directly helping the functionality of an active weapon. provided you're doing something silly or creative this rule will be pretty lenient. if you try to powerbuild, expect this rule to be enforced to the letter.

Any continuous spinning weapons (spinners) are limited to 8 power maximum

The spirit of sportsman is innovation and creativity: dont enter a one power flipper

Full Changes:

Posting and Strategy Guide:
500 word limit, not 400
Part One:
1.2: poor control can lead to exposing oneself to a flank, regardless of the speed difference between opponents

1.3: Pushing Speed is the midpoint between Speed and Torque

1.4b: No +4 bonus for weapons with a diameter larger than the largest axis of your robot (reversion of shell/overhead buff)

Part Two:
The damage scale is still valid, but now includes repeated hits damage as noted above. The repeated hits damage scale has priority if there is discrepancy between the two.

2.3: Hammers deliver only 1 bonus shock damage
Part Three:
3.1b: Hammers deliver 1 bonus shock damage, no other bonuses.
3.1c: Crushers now lumped in with saws in 3.3
3.2a: More than 5 power invested into a lifter will make it uncontrollable
3.2b: Clamps act equally to lifters, this section adds unneeded complexity
3.2c: Turrets do not get a +2 bonus to their movement speed, but are not punished for investing more than 5 points: point investment acts as a functional separate speed stat for the turret.
3.4: 2wd static and hinged wedges function equally (this isn’t updated in the main ruleset yet for whatever reason :V
3.5b: rule rescinded for this event, chainsaws function as saws
3.5e: vertical thwacks will use the midpoint of their speed and traction to deal damage
3.5g: holy shit that’s overcomplicated. Melty-brains get +5 to traction for the purposes of spinning up, and weapon+speed cannot exceed 18
3.5h: the “chopsaw” rule applies to any spinner with a lifter, provided they work on the same plane or in concert with one another. You many not adjust weapon armor bonuses between configs if you benefit from this rule.
Part Four:
To represent their weight bonuses: Walkers get 2 extra points, and are limited to 5 speed. Shufflers get one extra point, and are limited to 7 speed. Shufflers and Walkers must adhere to sportsman rules in all divisions, and are given no weight (and therefore no stat) bonuses in the sportsman division.
Part Five:
5.3: Three (3) Total Configs are Allowed. Two (2) Stat Lines are allowed Total. All Configs that change stats or weapon archetypes must declare by Wednesday.
This limit includes ALL variables: wedge variations, hammer blockers, mobile armor bonuses, wedgelets, etc.. Be creative with your 3 options.
5.3d: Rule rescinded for this event, there will be no stat penalties for stat swapping between configs.

Arena: The Pit

Located in my doomsday tunnels underneath Charlottesville, North Carolina, it's The Pit!

the purple hazard spins clockwise, and deals 5 damage. the arena is 24x24'. the step around 3/4 of the arena is 1'6" off the ground, and 2' deep: if you stay on the step for more than 10 seconds, a countout will begin - this gives you a maximum of 20 seconds on the step at a time. It didnt render the starting squares so I'll re-do that when I can ignore my computer while it renders for like 16 hours again. there's two corners without crap in 'em, they go there

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: ROBOT4

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:02 am

Reserving All 3 classes.

Featherweight: OBEY

pictured in order: Clamp, Long Nose, ABR. wedges are hinged equivalent shock mounting. the weapon part of the wedge is the same length in all configs. when the weapon isn't a clamp, it's an electric flipper.

Clamp // Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 3 / Armor: 9
Long Nose & ABR // Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 11 (+2 front)

Clamp functionality reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwQM582lZg0

Lightweight: Black Lagoon II

CONFIGS: yes forks, no forks, left fork. Dual drums run off the same motor - their gyro cancels each other out so it will drive like a normal bot, a la Counter Revolution.

Speed: 4 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 14 / armor: 7

FW Sportsman: crouton.net

tiny forks or no tiny forks. it's a 2WD vert. what, you expected me to be creative? in sportsman? smh my head

Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 8

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:02 am

first*
excluding the god dammit TO who decided to make a comment with the post

OK time for a draft of my actual team

Featherweight: Cyan Printer Ink
Stats:
  • Speed: 4
  • Traction: 3
  • Torque: 1
  • Weapon: 15
  • Armor: 7
  • Weapon: 12
  • Armor: 10(+3 Spinner)
A point from the spinner's weapon armor bonus taken for the tilting device.
Optional Attachment
Rest of low quality pictures just to give you a better idea

Featherweight Sportsman: Multiply and Surrender
Spoiler
yes
Stats:
  • Speed: 7
  • Traction: 7
  • Torque: 7
  • Weapon: 5(3 Hammer / 3 Clamp / 3 Flamethrowers)
  • Armor: 4
:b:am plate config:
  • Weapon: 2(1/1/1/1) Flamethrowers
  • Armor: 7(+3 :b:am plate)

Lightweight: Apeirogon II
Stats:
  • Speed: 5
  • Traction: 4
  • Torque: 1
  • Weapon: 12
  • Armor: 8
Spoiler
Alt config:
  • Weapon: 10
  • Armor: 10(+2 Wedge(s))
Spoiler
Anti HS
Anti Vert
A point from weapon armor bonus taken to power the weapon arm, this time it is pneumatic. Yes Gabe, i am copying your copy of Alex M's idea.
Sketchfab models coming tomorrow with better renders.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:06 am

Featherweight: Double Rainbow

Speed: 4
Torque: 1
Traction: 3
Armor: 11 (+1 weapon, +1 other weapon)
Weapon: 11

pour a 40 for my man monsterwerks

Dual weapons powered off the same motor, meaning each bar/disc effectively has 10 power and 16 armor. Have fun.

Also the caster on the bar config may or may not very slightly clip the weapon, but that's nothing a flathead screwdriver and some elbow grease can't fix.

Configs:
- Bars (spinning in same direction to increase gyro)
- Bars (spinning in opposite directions to decrease gyro)
- Discs (spinning in opposite directions to decrease gyro)

Sportsman: 2A

Speed: 3
Armor: 1
Weapon: 16 (11 gun, 11 ammo), 24 bullets total

No Steppy!
Speed: 6
Torque: 4
Traction: 6
Armor: 6
Weapon: 2

NON-multibot (where it enters the arena without No Steppy)
Speed: 3
Armor: 1
Weapon: 22 (15 gun, 15 ammo), 32 bullets total

The gun has a big pneumatic engine nearby it that can either rapid-fire PEWPEWPEW BRRRRT the bullets all at once or a couple at a time. It's invertible but the gun's feeding mechanism (read: a ramp) won't really work upside down. Basically, it does this.

No Steppy is both invertible and can self right. It's really just Phat Slug with less stat points, though.

Multibot weight distribution is 50/50. The bullets make up a lot of the main bot's weight + some weight's taken from the insides and stuff, to the point where the chassis wobbles and sways when driving. I'm sure it'll be fine. :^)

Lightweight: Skully
Traction: 2

LEFT TO RIGHT:
Thunderhead
Armor: 11 (+3 disc)
Weapon: 12

Razor & Laser
Armor: 8
Weapon: 15

Configs:
- Thunderhead: The default setup. 11 (+3) (+4) armor packed onto the disc to help it win DPS races against other deathspinners. Teeth can spin in either direction.
- Razor: Dual discs powered off the same motor, meaning each disc effectively has 14 power. Teeth can spin in either direction.
- Laser: The spinner on this one is powered by a horizontal arm (4 power taken from the weapon armor). This leaves the spinner itself with 8 armor.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:32 am

Team Ignition

FW: Black Salvo

the big evil wedge is back again. interchangeable hinged wedges. Optional hammer blocker.

9/8/3/0/10(+2 wedge)

Sportsman: Stealth Cobra
Pneumatic flipper/clamp that utilizes a double-action cylinder so it has the same power behind both its flip and its grab. The entire weapon assembly is hinged at the back of the jaws.

8/7/3/2/10 (+2 top armor on both sides)

LW: Shock Therapy
4WD eggbeater. Fully invertible, can right itself with weapon kickback. Front wedgelets are hinged and interchangeable with a static armor plow.

5/3/1/14/7
OR
5/3/1/11/10(+3 wedge)
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Rinzler

Post by Rinzler » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:36 am

FW: Cobra King

Liftyclampyboi best boi

NORMAL CONFIG- 8/7/3/3(2 lifter 2 clamp)/9
ANTI HORIZONTAL- 8/7/3/1/11(+2 plow)
ANTI VERT- 8/7/3/1/11(+2 hinged wedges)

Normal-

Anti Horizontal-

(note: Anti vert config is the normal config w/o the clamp)

FW Sportsman: Fuck, I Seem to Have Entered the Wrong Division

That's right, a kiwi shell in sportsman. Forks are hinged and limited so they don't interfere with the shell

7/6/2/8/7

LW: ViberateR

2 opposite-spinning discs driven off of the same motor. Fun times

NORMAL- 4/2/1/16 (15/15)/7
HIGH ARMOR- 4/2/1/12 (11/11)/11 (+2 on each disc)

Last edited by Rinzler on Sat May 30, 2020 11:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Billy5545

Post by Billy5545 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:54 am

FW: Darwinian Predator Gen II

Returning unchanged from its outing from the sadly dead Thunder Underground, Darwinian Predator still proves that it could hold up well. It still has the interchangeable lifter and grabber configs, as well as hinged tongue and invertible wheels.

Stats:
7/7/2/3/9 (clamp)
7/7/2/1/11 (+2 lifter) (Anti-HS lifter)

LW: Dardanera

Also unchanged from TU. 2WD big VS with a hinged wedge on the front, a bit like Cobalt, as well as invertible wheels. The weapon runs on two motors, but one of the motors can be removed so the front wedge plate can be changed with a heavier and more durable one.

Stats:
5/5/1/11/8 (Normal)
5/5/1/9/10 (+2 wedge) (Anti-HS)

SP: Lift Device

Our newest bot in a while. Lift Device is a 6WD lifter in the style of Gruff or Hydra that features a rack of wedgelets on the front, as well as angled shapes for the chassis. The lifter, which has a bit of power behind it, can go over 180 degrees from it's initial starting position, allowing the bot to self right.

Stats:
8/8/3/4/8
Last edited by Billy5545 on Sat May 30, 2020 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT4: Cool Story Brobotics

Post by Trihunter » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:32 am

Hard reserve for the main weight classes, conditional reserve for Sportsman

FW: Deposit This In Your Bank Of Choice

Sounds of a breakfast nook exploding

Speed: 3 / Traction: 1 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armour: 9

Kiwi drive invertable ring spinner. Nothing too fancy, aside from all the glowy shit (said glowy shit can be sequenced to display patterns whilst in motion, Cyclonebot style), and having a reversible spinner.

FWS: Split Personality

Heh heh heh heh heh! We're awful quick, awful agile...and just plain awful!

Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 5 / Armour: 7

A super fast, drive-focused 360 degree axe, meant to test out the repeated hits system. Two-sided design allows for versatile approaches.

LW: This Side Down

In this inverted castle where everything is overturned,
I'll give you a taste of this earnest frustration!

Honestly it looks like you hid in Ellis' workshop for two weeks, viciously ripped the spinner off of pulsar, shoved a FH flipper on there and painted to make it match, and then gave it a Push to Exit style name --W0lf

Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 2 / Armour: 12

A drive-heavy front-hinged flipper, designed to prove that even the weakest flippers have some strength to them! Comes with optional wedgelets, in two flavours.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:44 am

Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat, reserving a spot in all weightclasses
Featherweight: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto
Big Friggin Wedgelets aka Forks
Wedge
Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque: 3 Weapon: 0 Armour: 12
Two-wheel drive Pushy Bot with buckets of drive! It comes with interchangeable front end set-ups, one being the big Tanto style Wedgelets and the other being a big ol’ wedge with removable Wedgelets. Not only that but it also comes with interchangeable stopper options for the top and bottom, one option being Four light stoppers like the real Tanto and the other being Two heavy-duty stoppers, a bit like Goosfraba Steel’s.
Sportsman: Duck Stab!
Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 1 Weapon: 8 Armour: 8
SportsHUGE? Yes! With a slightly geared-down but still relatively fast spinning blade, that can still punt bots up a little with its torquey spinning. It has a bi-directional ESC, meaning it can spin upwards or downwards like a hammer, with wheels made of HDPE with a rubber tread to help absorb impacts! It can switch between normal and solid wheels depending on the opponent.
Lightweight: Avanti!
Plow
Plow with forks
Underall Wedgelets
Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque: 3 Weapon: 0 Armour: 12
4-wheel driven hinged bricky wedge, as stubborn as an Apennine Wolf! The flag is purely for decoration and will snap off when flipped, the wheels stick out of the back slightly to ensure that (hopefully) one wheel will be on the ground at all times. All of the underall wedges are hinged individually on the same axle [INSERT IRL EXAMPLE HERE] and have stopper horns big enough to prevent them from being stuck upwards or downwards
Last edited by Botomatic1000 on Sat May 30, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:16 am

Featherweight: Flameout

Okay, I've been persuaded to put Lil' Yeetums in Sportsman instead (it didn't take much.) Flameout has got its wedge again. It'll need it...
Sketchfab Render
Image Image
Image Image

It's a robot with a row of flamethrower nozzles, all hooked up to the same tank of... some sort of highly flammable gas. Or maybe it would be more accurate to think of it as a giant cloud of flame attached to a robot. As you should be able to see in the render, its wedge thingy is hinged.

Stats:
  • 5 speed / 5 traction / 1 torque / 9 weapon / 10 armor +2 plow

Featherweight Sportsman Sportsgirl: Lil' Yeetums
Sketchfab Render
Hint: try looking underneath!

Lil' Yeetums by attackfrog on Sketchfab
Config 1: ForksConfig 2: Plow
Image Image

A chonky rear-hinged flipper. She's got a weird and unlikely to work IRL unique flipper mechanism: it's magnetic, not pneumatic or spring-powered. A bank of capacitors builds up a large amount of electrical charge, which is then sent through a large electromagnet that repels another magnet attached to the flipper arm with a lot of force. The arm is then spring-loaded to return to its resting state, and in its resting state it's held in place (in a ground-scraping position) by magnetic attraction. If I fire the flipper while the capacitor bank isn't fully charged, it results in a lower-power flip.

Lil' Yeetums has two configurations, but both have the same stats. They are different from the ones she had in CBC4:
  • 7 Speed / 6 Traction / 1 Torque / 8 Weapon / 8 Armor

Lightweight: Invertical
Sketchfab Render
Image Image Image

A vertical spinner! Its plow pieces are hinged (limited travel) and removable. The spinner assembly itself is also hinged, similar to Monsoon's design.

Stats:
  • 5 speed / 4 traction / 1 torque / 12 weapon / 8 armor (with plow pieces detached), or
  • 5 speed / 4 traction / 1 torque / 10 weapon / 10 armor +2 to plow pieces (with the plow pieces attached)

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:36 am

featherwight: fork the wind

forks-

pure wedge-

a 4 wheel drive bot with ghost raptors drive train with a fork or wedge alt change ability now

featherweight sportsman; !!BITEME!! (crusher)

2 wheeled drive crusher with side forks to lead bots into the jaws

lightweight: splattual (whiplash clone)

4 wheeled drive with long base the wheels are half the size of the wedge

normal config:
6,6,3,7(5/5),8

alt config:
6,6,3,5(spinner only),10(+2 to wedge)

(in this version the lifter is bolted into position and the spinner becomes the main weapon making it a slandered 4 wd drive vert with a single prong to get under, the design stays the same however it will no longer be able to self right)

Last edited by patrickrowberry on Tue May 05, 2020 5:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

Noisy
Team: Square Go Robotics

Post by Noisy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:42 am

FW - Killjoy

Sp: 6 / Tr: 5 / To: 2 / We: 10 / Ar: 7 (+2 Front)

A two-stage hydraulic crusher with 6WD and Hardox wedge. The 6WD has its front four wheels smaller in diameter and positioned as close to the wedge as possible so that its' turning circle is as close to the crushers tip and allows for greater manoeuvrability and more accurate crushes. The Hardox wedge is shock mounted and hinged to the bulkheads underneath so there is no vulnerable hinges on the front of the robot.

LW - !#%$? (aka Punctuation)

Sp: 4 / Tr: 3 / To: 1 / We: 14 / Ar: 8

A shell spinner with 4WD. The domed shell has two sets of three teeth just 5mm off the ground and is powered by a custom made rotary engine, producing 56bhp and more inertia as it allows more of the weight of the robot to be used in delivering hits.

SP - XO

Normal - Sp: 8 / Tr: 8 / To: 3 / We: 3 / Ar: 8 (+2 Front)
Axe Config - Sp: 8 / Tr: 8 / To: 3 / We: 3 / Ar: 8 (+2 Top)

A rear hinged flipper with 2WD and skeletal armour, making it light and quick. Has interchangeable HDPE armour depending on it opponent to protect itself.

Axe Config
Last edited by Noisy on Sat May 30, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

hide
Team: Team C/D

Post by hide » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:15 pm

LIGHTWEIGHT
SPECTRALS
9/8/4/0/3

Speedwedge multibots with spooky theme. Emits purple smoke during the match (completely cosmetic) and has a speaker rigged in, playing music of the driver's choice.

FEATHERWEIGHT SPORTSMAN
CRAZY DIAMOND
7/6/1/12(-1 so I can run the hammers on the same system)/4
Side hammerbot in the vein of YMSLQTH's ROBOT3 entry, only faster and less armorred.

FEATHERWEIGHT
MADE IN HEAVEN
10/9/6/1 (the cross is a srimech)/4
DBC reskin and speedwedge, inspired by something something Jojo reference

Reserving all
Last edited by hide on Fri May 29, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:46 pm

Wooop

Reserve for three

LW: MORE PUZZLES

HMMM... YOU MUST BE HAVING CULTURE SHOCK. YOU SEE, WHERE I COME FROM, IT'S A LOVING TRADITION. TO SUFFER THROUGH HORRIBLE PUZZLES FOR NO REASON

Gyroscopic walker with a single tooth disc. Has small rings on the back to prevent it from falling on it's back. If it does get stuck, turning the disc to one side will put it back on it's feet. The spinner moves back and forth with the help of it's supports, in turn picking one foot up and pivoting the other. Can self right (or turn itself inside out) with the disc. The tiles on the body change color. Something different will happen depending on which tile is touched or hit. Red tiles are impassible! You cannot break them! Yellow tiles are electric! They will electrocute you! Green tiles are alarm tiles! You will get hit by the disc if you touch them! Orange tiles are orange scented! Your bot will smell delicious! Blue tiles are water tiles! But if you smell like oranges, the piranhas inside will bite you! Purple tiles are slippery! You will get hit next time! However, the slippery soap smells like lemons, which the piranhas do not like! Finally, pink tiles. They don't do anything. Hit them all you like. Understood?

0 (4 effective)/3/0/16/11

FW: Dystopian Avenger

Careful swinging that spinner around bud!
Ah fuck, now look what you've done!

8WD pushy, stealthy, almost mischievous flipper. Weakly Invertible and able to self right. It has an 85° stroke. Sports removable forks and a beefy wedge. Has a pair of spheres connected to the body to protect the wheels. The blue lines light up when turned on. Flipper lights turn red and body lights blink red when it gets pissed off or gets aggressive. Also has three other configs. Those being an air raid siren
https://youtu.be/rIos0ya-yss
Tornado Siren
https://youtu.be/yQTmkjK8hPQ
And just bc, an Italian siren
https://youtu.be/qD-u3shAXAw

6/6/6/1/11 (+2 front and forks)

SM: Storm Worm

7/5/3/5(3/3/3)/10(+2 front)

4WD mechanical hell. Fitted with a center flipping arm and two lifting forks/plows in between. In between the wheels are a pair of lifting arms. Has a hammer blocker option with the defense being three bolted down pieces of thick bendable plastic. Wedge options include forks, plows (not good at lifting but can press) and balls of steel. Decorative red rings on the flipper can be removed to make the bot weakly invertible (all of this somehow following sportsman rules. Interesting :P)
Last edited by Wolf51-50 on Sat May 30, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 50 times in total.

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:19 pm

Featherweight Sportsman:
Ori

STATS:
Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Torque: 2
Weapon: 3
Armor: 10 (+1 front wedge or shock-mounted top covers)

Ori is a fast 2wd bot with a four-bar flipper that can toss an opponent up to 3 ft in the air. The flipper is powered by a gas spring, which is retracted by a winch and held in place by a catch that is released to fire it. This lets the flipper fire as often as the winch can keep up with without bulky pneumatic tanks, and with no valves or hoses bottlenecking the gas flow it can deliver the energy of the compressed gas very efficiently with minimal friction losses. The disadvantage is that it takes about three seconds to retract.

The flipper delivers a big enough kick to self-right, and Ori can also drive upside-down in all configurations except the anti-hammer one.

Configs are as follows:

* Spatula Config: has an extended flipping spatula.
* Forks: No spatula on the arm but long static forks to get under opponents' forks.
* Anti-Hammer: Shock-mounted top armor panels covering the most vulnerable components. This config is not invertible but can still self-right.

Flipper Range of Motion (shown without any of the configurable spatula or armor options)

Featherweight:
Bone Hurting Juice

Stats:
Traction: 2
Weapon: 16 - 15 in Chungus Bar config
Armor: 7 - 8 (+1 bar) in Chungus Bar config

Bone Hurting Juice is a Neon Ripoff undercutter with a sturdy UHMW unibody and a selection of different
blade options. For this competition it will only be using the medium standoff height, putting the blade level when inverted. When
upright and fighting as an undercutter, the bar's lower edge is about 1/4" off the floor.
The bot uses the new VexPro compliant wheels, and has enough ground clearance to be tipped back about
18 degrees when inverted, or past 90 degrees when upright, without the back of the chassis touching
the ground. The wheels stick out the back, the weapon does NOT.

WEAPON BAR OPTIONS:
Spoiler
Bone Hurting Juice has three interchangeable weapon bars, one with a 24" length and two
with a 20" length. All spin at basically the same tip speed of 240 mph due to the shorter bars being
geared slightly higher by using larger pulleys on the weapon motors. The long ones spin at around 3300
rpm, the short ones at 4,000 rpm.
Hook Blade: A 24" long, 7.4 lb bar. Gives BHJ a long reach for a featherweight, and has the highest MOI
and kinetic energy of any of the bar options.
Thicc Blade: A 20" long, 7.4 lb bar. Similar in shape to the hook blade, but shorter and wider. Thanks
to the higher rpm, stores almost the same amount of energy and hits hard.
Chungus Blade: A 20" long, 7.3 lb bar designed for maximum durability in weapon-to-weapon hits.
One of the main weaknesses of undercutters is their vulnerability to having the weapon get bent and hit
either the floor or the chassis. Bone Hurting Juice already combats this some by having a decent
amount of clearance with both the floor and the weapon pulleys, and mounting the weapon motors
well within the blade's radius. When you bend something elastically, it curves (duh),
and the deflection closer to the center is is *way* less than at the tips. The easiest way of making
a weapon more resistant to out-of-plane bending is to make it thicker, but on an undercutter doing this
cuts into the already limited clearance. The Chungus Blade's solution? Make it wider, and in particular
strategically make it wider closer to the center, where the bending moments are higher and where a given
angular deflection has a greater effect on the distance deflected at the tip. It's more than twice as
wide at the center as at the tips! And again, the pulleys are only about halfway between the center and
the tips. It'll be hard to bend at all, let alone enough to hit its own pulleys. However, having so
much of the bar's material near the center has a price: a reduced moment of inertia. This blade is
basically the same weight as the others, but stores significantly less energy.
Lightweight:
Hallucinogen

Speed: 5
Traction: 4

Horizontal Config:
Weapon: 13
Armor: 7

Vertical Config:
Weapon: 11
Armor: 9 (+2 front wedge)

Hallucinogen is an interchangeable horizontal and vertical spinner. Swoopy single-toothed bar in horizontal mode, drum in vertical mode, you know the drill. Runs inverted in both configs, can gyro self-right in drum mode.