Robot Bastards 2: The New Era

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Ok

LW: Bunx

Screw all y'all and your 10 speed bricks. I'm bringing Bunx back after a less than stellar performance in Bot-O-Rama. Shell spinner, none of that melty FBS bull. 4wd. Can self right

Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 13
Armour: 7

MW: Initial D

You've probably seen this before. Was gonna be a SHW but made it a MW to replace Remi. DEVA VU (and yes, the center of mass is in front of the wheels so it sits on the wheels and the two skids)

Weapon: 14
Armour: 6

HW: Tem Shop

hOi
4bar Flipper, 4wd. Bulldozer-eqsue plow on the back less for protection and more for deflecting horizontal spinners upwards. The front wheels can float vertically about an inch to let the flipper be closer to the ground. Picture of the distance the front wheels can float.

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 5
Armour: 10 (+1 Rear Plow)

(If its decided that the weapon is bigger than 1/3rd of the bot, I'd like the armour bonus to apply to the red bits here)
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:20 am

<big><big><big>LW: Firebrand</big></big></big>

album here

I caved and made a brick. Shamelessly plow-stacking thwack. 2WD so that its wedge is actually good. Nice control ratio, solid torque, shit-tons of shock-mounting behind the plow, and can actually hurt spinners by thwacking. The entire tail assembly, including the mounting, is removable and any part can be attached loosely to act as a sacrifice. There's also a fully invertible plow and some wedgelets that I haven't rendered yet due to <del>laziness</del> TinkerCAD failing me repeatedly. The design is an expression of my anarchist beliefs. Fight the power. :dirk:

10 Speed &#124; 9 Traction &#124; 4 Torque &#124; 0 Weapon &#124; 7 Armour (+3 front plow)

<hr />

<big><big><big>MW: Bluetooth</big></big></big>

album here

Yes, it does have bluetooth. Basically, this is the control-oriented version of Justice that I've been promising Brad for months. I guess it's worth a shot. The arms shoot out quickly, per the rules, and lock into place until the bar is fired in the opposite direction, acting as a clamp. It can self-right with the upper arm, and the punching bar is designed to slip beneath opponents like Smilodon's and Justice's bars do. The teeth that go on Justice's punching bar can also be attached to Bluetooth's. There's also a flipper option with a bigass shield that uses the bonus instaed of the weapon teeth and all of the arms are removable or reversible if it'd be advantageous to fight with fewer (or fewer at a time).

8 speed / 7 traction / 4 torque / 1 weapon / 10 armour (+1 black weapon teeth or flipper/shield)

If the bonus to the teeth proves illegal (even though clampers can do something similar), then scrap the bonus. It's up to the TO.

<hr />

<big><big><big>HW: Justice </big></big></big>

album here

The return of The Long Arm of the Law. I swapped out the goofy tracks for wide-base 2WD. It is also now undeniably a perfect octagon. Hinged skirts and wedge teeth are removable (the latter have Bluetooth connectivity :P ) and there are optional anti-slope hammer heads and long-toothed heads for reaching around some of the ridiculous plows I've seen. All hammer arms are removable if necessary as well. Otherwise, the rest is the same: punching bar to shove itself under opponents a la smilodon, triple death-hammers, lunging tendencies, etc.

5 speed / 4 traction / 1 torque / 12 weapon / 8 armour (+1 weaponry)

(stats subject to change for as long as Nick will allow it? I'm really not sure with this one)
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:47 pm

I am here to announce my retirement tour will be Robot Bastards 2. With not as much time commitment and 1 less weight class, I feel that this will be a great way to go out(though I will not rule out a brief return for my throwback tournament--whenever that may happen). Though I have never won anything outside of a rumble close to 13 years ago, and the fact I have been pretty inconsistent with RPing since the dawn of creation this has been a fun pass-time for me. Here we go.

Team Toxic

LW: D.U.D.E (Dusting Up Destroyed Electronics)

Let's just say I redesigned this bot and made it lighter and stuff, k?

A slight redesign of the FRR version. Still boasts the Toro style flipper, but will be ditching the dustpan in favor of a Spin Orbiting Force style trapper. Flipper scrapes the floor and wedge-lets on the front assist in getting under opponents.

Speed: 6
Weapon: 7
Armor: 10
Torque: 3

MW: Tiki Dude

For this iteration I decided to go with a giant ass drum to inflict pain. 4WD, and is invertable but will more than likely become less mobile when flipped. Pointy tips to getting stuck on my side is not a likely fate. I'd reckon that this thing will Minotaur around the arena if I turn too fast as well. Pods on the front prevent drum from digging into the ground.

Armor: 6

HW: The Raven MK2

Gone is the lifting plow, but in its place is a beefier plow that ensures nothing is going to be getting past my front end head on. This plow is also totally not magnetized, I promise. It's hinged, so only the lowest of low bots will be able to get under my plow. The teeth on the top of the plow will also ensure that very few, if any, competitors will go over me to get a better shot at my body and wheels.

Additionally, when flipped The Raven is no longer sitting in hot water. When inverted The Raven boasts Underall style wedgelets that will assist in getting under and controlling other bots, though the effectiveness is still unknown. They can also be used as ramming spikes and for controlling other bots in a pinch.

Wheels are still the same type as Pressure Drop. Though 12 wheels, it will act as 6 Wheel Drive when it comes to impacts and getting flung. I can conceivably lose upwards of 8-10 wheels before I have significant drive problems.

The MK2 version of The Raven also has an updated drive system, allowing this bot to outspeed, out torque, and generally out maneuver most bots in the heavyweight class today. Along with added armor on the front plow, The Raven is not prepared to go into battle with not only fast bricks, but powerful spinners as well.

Here are the stats:

Speed: 8
Traction: 6
Torque: 4
Weapon: 0
Armor: 12 (+3 to the front plow)

Good luck, guys. It's been fun.
Last edited by Toxic on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamied666

Post by Jamied666 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:49 am

LW Flipper named Not So Evil Engine #9 cause reasons

speed: 7
traction: 6
Weapon: 5
Armor: 10

MW Thwacker named Chaotic Reaction which is a pretty good robot

speed: 9
traction: 7
Torque: 3
Armor: 11

HW Undercutter named Still Not PP3D

speed: 5

Mod Note: edited your post so it would stop fucking up the page formatting. ~The_Angry_Goat
Mod Note: edited your post so the stats matched up with the images ~Badnik
Last edited by Jamied666 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:55 pm

May as well give it a go even if I am crap with stats.
Team Fox's Gardening Power Tools and Hobby Motors
LW: Pooky The Lawnmower
Weapon: 17
Armour: 6
Speed: 3
Traction: 3
Pooky is relatively large for a LW incredibly wide and long to incorporate its massive blade's reach. The blade is powered by 3 relatively powerful brushless motors on a single drive chain to create a mad red whirl of Kinetic Energy&#33; Unfortunately due to its large size its made of relatively thin aluminium tubing which offers little protection and could potentially be bent with a hard hit or two by another spinner.
MW: Wulven
Speed: 10
Torque: 4
Traction: 7
Armour: 9
Wulven's a lot faster then you're everyday Wolf... A dual hinged wedged design built to tackle robots with weapons at the front (particularly vertical spinners and flipping arms) with relatively thick armour. Wulven's not afraid to reverse into opponents at full force with its large solid impaling spike particularly later on in the fight when its opponents are worn out.
HW: Le Tambour De Battaile
Armour: 11
Speed: 3
Traction: 2
It may have a French name but with armour this thick it wont surrender anytime soon. its designed to take on horizontal discs and bars wearing out its opponent and constantly knocking it hit after hit. It's a sluggish bot due to all the weight in the weapon and armour.
Last edited by Botomatic1000 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!

ACCount

Post by ACCount » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:34 pm

<big>LW: No Clearance</big>
ImageImage
Weapon: 4 ([2+2] jaws + 1 wedge dropper) &#124; Speed: 8 &#124; Torque: 3 &#124; Armor: 10 &#124; Traction: 5

A 2WD hydraulic grabber. High speed, optional thwack tail and a surprise weapon: wedge dropper. It's called "No Clearance" because it has high ground clearance, unlike your all-hinged floorscraper. Have fun navigating around the road bumps my bot creates.

Weapons:
The first weapon is hydraulic grabbing jaws. Jaws use 3 points, but the lower jaw and upper jaw are statted separately by dual weapons rule, giving it a total of 4 grabbing speed. What a hacky way to get an extra point.

The second is 1-point wedge dropper. It can drop up to 12 tiny spring-loaded wedges that unfold when they hit the floor. Wedges lay low and have high traction: they have special traction pads on one side and strong magnets on another. They also have some spikes that may catch a wheel if I'm lucky.
https://i.imgur.com/SR9Elxi.png

Modules:
Thwack tail, with two heads: hammer and wedge+spikes. Having it installed reduces the amount of wedges the bot can carry to 8. And, just like with my other thwacks, thwack tail's attachment is a purposeful weak point. If something with 25 weapon would hit the tail, it would just tear it off without transferring hit energy to bot's chassis.
https://i.imgur.com/1oLQ9DA.png
https://i.imgur.com/Rh1t1Qs.png

Joined jaws, for better wedging.
https://i.imgur.com/44Sip0q.png

And an alternative configuration:
<big>No Mercy</big>
Weapon: 1 (wedge dropper) &#124; Speed: 8 &#124; Torque: 3 &#124; Armor: 13 (+3 plow) &#124; Traction: 5
Death to death spinners&#33;

<big>MW: Sucker Punch</big>
ImageImage
Weapon: 10 (7+7 dual weapon) &#124; Speed: 6 &#124; Torque: 2 &#124; Armor: 7 &#124; Traction: 5

This 2WD control spinner has an unique weapon system: the spinner itself is embedded in ramming bar, giving it a maximum of 14 weapon power when fired. As the bar is fired, the middle section tilts, forcing the bar to press the floor. The bot can be inverted to make the bar aim for the sky instead.

Being a ramming rod, it basically avoids the pressing wedge penalty: the rod stays pressed only for a very, very short time as it's fired.

<big>HW: Drunken Master</big>
Weapon: 13 (9+9 dual weapon) &#124; Speed: 6 &#124; Torque: 2 &#124; Armor: 5 &#124; Traction: 4

My tribute to Alcoholic Stepfather. This Mecanum drive madness is equipped with a lifter powerful enough to double as flipper when used at full power, and a combined pick/hammer. It can "lock" its hammer and use the lifter for clamping. It also has an on-board camera that works like a parking camera, helping weapon operator to aim the hammer precisely.

Modules:
A longer hammer arm and longer lifter arms, useful in situations that require more reach.
http://i.imgur.com/0PbITsD.png
I can also invert the hammer and remove the side skirts.

Alternative configuration:
Weapon: 9 &#124; Speed: 6 &#124; Torque: 2 &#124; Armor: 9 (+4 front wedge) &#124; Traction: 4
The lifter is replaced with hinged wedge, unpowered but highly armored. Looks like an anti-spinner setup, probably is.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:51 pm

I'm entering this at the last minute&#33; >_>

Here are some procrastination-bots for you all.

<big><big>LW: Frogbot</big></big>
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Image

Swordfish's little amphibian cousin. It's a 4WD spring-powered flipper (I don't know how else such a flipper would realistically work, to be honest.) It's got some protrusions on the end of the "tongue" to hook underneath another robot from the side if I spin around.

Stats: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 4 / Armor: 9[/quote]

<big><big>MW: Water Strider</big></big>
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Image

An undercutter with 20/20 vision. Can run inverted. The wide stance should make it easier to turn.

Stats: Speed: 6 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 12 / Armor: 7[/quote]

<big><big>HW: Undertow III</big></big>

Undertow returns&#33; It's quite like Undertow II, only this time the shield is a different shape and can be removed. It's an in-line 4WD rear-hinged flipper with spinner armor on its butt.

Stats: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 9 (+3 Rear Shield)[/quote]

<big><big>Image gallery: http://imgur.com/a/K5yFF</big></big>

<small>I'm going to show up this time, I sweah&#33;</small>
Last edited by attackfrog on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:10 pm

lw

dead

hs
speed 5
traction 3
torque 1
armour 6
weapon 15

mw
march or die
front hinged flipper, hinged wedge on sides and back, teeth are on springs so they retract when upside down
Speed 8
Traction 7
Armour 9
Weapon 3
Torque 3

hw
service crew

2wd lifter- whole of the blue part is the lifter

speed 7
traction 7
weapon 3
armour 10 (+1 to front of lifter)
torque 3
Last edited by playzooki on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Dr. P

Invertible. Teeth on wedge are removable.

Speed: 7
Weapon: 10 (1 Lifter, 9 Hammer)
Armor: 7 (+2 to the front plow)

Cement Mixer

Invertible. Rear wedge is removable.

Speed: 6
Traction: 3
Armor: 7

Snijmachine

Invertible. Rear wedge is removable.

Last edited by Siphai on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.