R.O.B.O.T.S. Info Page

Drowning City's media and other contents announced, discussed, and bashed in here.
Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

R.O.B.O.T.S. Info Page

Post by Venice Queen » Sun May 28, 2017 4:27 pm

<big>the following robots will need to alert their opponents as to which set-up they will use at the beginning of each week</big>
Glitch - The Angry Goat (Lifter modules)
Backstab 2.5 - Wolf 51-50 (2WD vs 4WD AND srimech vs no srimech)
Talons Out&#33; - Madman
Savage - Madman
Firebird - HotDealsinTexas
Slither - Badnik96

A quick note: in the event of a tie, the first tiebreaker is the head to head matchup. the second is number of KOs. the third goes back to head to heads. haven't needed a fourth yet

<big>Featherweight Bracket</big>

Vorpal Bunny Division
Howler II - The Monsterworks&#124;&#124;7 - 0
Tenebris - GF93&#124;&#124;6
Last edited by Venice Queen on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

R.O.B.O.T.S. Info Page

Post by Venice Queen » Mon May 29, 2017 2:18 pm

Fight Card - Week 1

(Red Square (near short wall) vs Blue Square)

<big>Featherweights:</big>

The Devil Inside vs Salamandra - The Monsterworks
Salamandra begins by going for a merry little stroll in the shadow of the side wall. Pat looks on, dumbfounded, and refuses to meet it. Eventually, Dylan decides to start circling in and we're treated to a game of Robo-baseball&#33; He tries a curveball, and we've got a swing and a miss&#33; Salamandra quickly backs away as the blade of Pat's unwieldy spinner misses by inches. Dylan circles some more, and while TDI is struggling with its length and awkward weight distribution, Salamanda's still slower and can't get around that massive weapon unless it baits Pat into missing and oversteering. A second attempt looks like it's about to end similarly to the first, but this time, The Devil Inside catches Salamandra and spins it away. Luckily, its thick frontal plate caught that blow as opposed to its chassis armour, which seems to be made of... is that heavy-duty aluminum foil?&#33; Salamandra recovers quickly enough that Pat isn't able to link up a shot on its unprotected sides, but the spinner is in hot pursuit. Eventually, they reset, with Dylan trying to circle into the rotation of TDI's blade and Pat trying to hook it around into Salamandra's wheels. Pat scores a few more solid base hits, but none of them are home runs, merely smacking the saw-armed robot on its thick wedge and spinning it away.

At about the two minute mark, Pat finally oversteers pretty badly, and this is compounded by the gyroscopic forces of his weapon. Dylan rushes in from his less-preferred direction, ready to deliver the coup de grace, but finds that TDI's blade covers pretty much the entire gap between its own fulcrum and the chassis. There is effectively no way to get at that nice, juicy spar without getting knocked away, no matter where one comes from. The rest of the fight is pretty cagey, with neither robot really doing much, though Salamanda's plow has some nice dings in it by the time that the buzzer sounds.

Aggression: 3-2 Salamandra
Damage: 4-1 The Devil Inside
Control: 3-2 Salamandra
Result: The Devil Inside wins an 8-7 judges' decision

Did Someone Say Chimichanga vs Howler II - HotDeals
This fight
Last edited by Venice Queen on Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

R.O.B.O.T.S. Info Page

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:11 pm

Fight Card - Week 2

Howler II vs The Devil Inside - Angry Goat
Pat
Last edited by Venice Queen on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

R.O.B.O.T.S. Info Page

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:28 pm

Fight Card - Week 3

The Devil Inside vs Guleh - Hiicantpk
Hey, I thought corner camping was my thing :V. Anyways, Guleh corner camps, The Devil Inside doesn't bot rush. It does however, agressively move out towards Guleh. The Devil Inside aims to the left and attempts to get to the side of Guleh. Now normally this'd have a chance at working due to the sheer speed advantage. However, Guleh was corner camping, so theres not a lot of room to get to its side in the first place, and it barely has to turn for the drum to take a bite out of TDI's undercutter.
Guleh is thrown clear of his corner by the impact, but TDI is toppled up over end and is now upside down. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be able to self right, and is counted out.

Guleh wins by TKO in 0:39

Howler II vs Tenebris - Angry Goat
Mr. calls starting sideways a
Last edited by Venice Queen on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

R.O.B.O.T.S. Info Page

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Fight Card - Week 4

Tenebris vs The Devil Inside - HDiT
Both robots immediately rush toward each other, with The Devil Inside spinning up its weapon. They meet more or less in the middle of the arena, but neither of them actually goes for the head-on collision. TDI swerves sideways, trying to get around Tenebris
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

R.O.B.O.T.S. Info Page

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:56 pm

Fight Card - Week 5

The Devil Inside vs Chewer - Wolf
Ok. So, neither of these strategies go according to plan. The Devil Inside aims for the weapon supports of Chewer, but TBR doesn't let him do so. Although a big chunk of one of the wheels was ripped away. Eventually, once Chewer's weapon gets back up to speed, it also tries to aim for the body of The Devil Inside. It is unable to do so as well due to both bots having the same exact drive stats. Chewer does However, manage to hit the weapon head on. This sends TDI upwards and soon onto it's back. Chewer hobbles along while doing a victory dance

Chewer wins by KO in 1:09

Tenebris vs Pennywise - HDiT
Pennywise is starting out vertical, apparently wanting to try to toss Tenebris around. It gets its disc up to speed and cruises out of its corner, while Tenebris goes for a box rush and tries to swerve to Pennywise
Last edited by Venice Queen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

R.O.B.O.T.S. Info Page

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Fight Card - Week 6 (This is the penultimate week of qualification matches&#33;)

Pennywise vs The Devil Inside - Angry Goat
>pat wants to set bar to height of disc
>NWOWWE went vertical
>halp
I guess I can assume he
Last edited by Venice Queen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

R.O.B.O.T.S. Info Page

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Fight Card - Week 7 - FINAL WEEK

The Devil Inside vs DSSC? - Shaba
Pat tries the undercutter approach for TDI, but runs into trouble shortly after the match start as Chimi's asymmetrical teeth prevent TDI's spinner from reaching under to get at the wheels. Oh well, Pat isn't backing down, however, and his superior speed helps in getting around Chimi a few times and landing some blows. However, Chimi's more powerful weapon starts to dismantle TDI and after a particularly nasty blow, TDI ends up stranded against a wall. This fight is over&#33;

DSSC wins via KO in 2:09

Pennywise vs Salamandra - HDiT

This match is for a place in the playoffs, folks&#33; Currently Pennywise is at 3-3 and Salamandra at 2-4. If Salamandra wins this they
Last edited by Venice Queen on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

R.O.B.O.T.S. Info Page

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Fight Card - Week 7.5 - break week

robots are located in a circle around the arena. it is evenly spaced. the first robot listed is in the red square, the next robots are added in counter clockwise (relative to this image). if there's 4 robots in the rumble, it's one per corner. 8 is one per corner and one in the middle of each wall. if you want me to get more specific than that you're taking this too seriously.

I'm going to keep things open to added participants until Tuseday, though you're welcome to RP before then. if you've written more than 300 words, your RP will be ignored. you do not have to RP. I will make the RP threads.

Salamandra
Guleh
Tenebris
The Devil Inside
Howler II
Herzeleid

Ladies and Gentlemen, it
Last edited by Venice Queen on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

R.O.B.O.T.S. Info Page

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:11 pm

<big>IT'S PLAYOFFS TIME:</big>

Matchups will be as follows for the playoffs:
Rank in division (division - vorpal bunny division is 1). Red indicates a short wall start, and will always be the high seed
Last edited by Venice Queen on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

R.O.B.O.T.S. Info Page

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:49 pm

Matchups will be as follows for the playoffs:
Rank in division (division - vorpal bunny division is 1). Red indicates a short wall start, and will always be the low seed
Last edited by Venice Queen on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

R.O.B.O.T.S. Info Page

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:10 am

Finals and third place matches (week 10):

First, let's give out some awards :tellu:

Strategist Award - GF93/The Monsterworks (TIE&#33;)

Highest Rookie seed - Killjoy (Noothgrush)

Rookie All-star (best winning percentage amongst rookie teams) - Killjoy (Noothgrush)/Attackfrog (The Four Wheeled, Six Toothed Driving Purple Robot Eater) (TIE&#33;)

Chemical Explosion Award (Best new robot) - Axtinguisher

XIII award (bot to best surpass low expectations) - Firebird

White Rabbit Award (bot to most underpass high expectations) - Lethal Carriageway

Angry Goat Award (most aggressive bot) - REX

Sarge Award (most improved returning robot) - Firebird

Howler Award (most damaging robot) - Howler II/Coup De Grace (TIE&#33;)

Invertigo Award (Coolest looking bot) - Elrathia

Euphoberia Ferox Award (best engineered/most original bot) - Mudcrab

BOX award (hardest to damage) - Vovoka

Lollerskate Award (most "yolo" design) - Smack Down

<big><big>reminder that there is a hard 500 word limit on rps this week&#33;</big></big>
Mudcrab vs Firebird

The faster robot begins the match by trying to flank the slower one. Somehow, that surprises nobody. The way that it uses the slower robot
Last edited by Venice Queen on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122