Cherry Bomb Classic Results

Drowning City's media and other contents announced, discussed, and bashed in here.
The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:56 pm

<big>Middleweight Results</big>

Group A: (1) Ultraviolence vs. (24) Galileo's Voyager

Uvie spins the shell up to speed, Galileo begins his approach, Uvie starts spinning on the spot as well, Galileo continues his approach, Uvie moves out to meet him, Galileo sticks the wedge in......I have no idea what the three attachments on the front are, but they do not help at all. Galileo gets a gigantic chunk torn out of his front corner, and it doesn't look like he will be getting underneath anything any time soon. Uvie continues its dance of doom, Galileo approaches it again, and this time gets almost its entire front end torn off&#33; Yeah, it's clearly not moving after that, so Kody spins down his machine. The anti-spinner rubber ring is still going at full speed, though. Put some fake diamonds on it, that would be blinging.

(1) Ultraviolence wins by KO in 0:43

Group D: (2) Visual Assault vs (23) Krill Swarm

We start with Visual Assault and its blinding paint job rushing out and around the patrol area, and Krill Swarm just kinda
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:07 am

Group A: (8) Euphoberia Ferox vs (16) Elios

Snakes are weird, but you knew that already. EF sorta
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:15 pm

<big><big><big>Week Two @ Gothiq</big></big></big>

<big>Featherweight Tag Team Results</big>

(1) Howler II & Xerxes vs (8) Tyrian & Kamikaze Squad

We start with the two melties spinning up as Xerxes flies out of his square, across the relatively narrow arena, and directly into Tyrian. Textbook box rush, if I may say. Xerxes backs up to avoid Kamikaze Squad
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:16 pm

<big><big><big>Week Three @ The Woodshed</big></big></big>

<big>Featherweight Tag Team Semi-Final Results</big>

(1) Howler II & Xerxes vs. (4) Hot Coffee&#33; & Feathergo 2

Wow, I don't like either of these teams. :P Well whatever. It's the rammers that start out. Hot Coffee tries to avoid a blade to THING confrontation but Xerxes manages to get a clear shit and takes it. Wait what? Did I just resurrect a tired, old ARC meme? Yes I did&#33; Wait, what are you doing with that hamme - *banned*

Ahoy thar, scallywags&#33; I be th' new writer, an' I've come t' brin' ye a great bout o' robots fightin' each other&#33; So let's begin, ye scurvy dogs&#33; All hands weigh anchor. Xerxes an' Hot Coffee come t' trade blows&#33; Hot Coffee tries t' get aroun' Xerxes but blimey, he canna quite do it. Aarrr&#33; They meet hade t' hade, by Davy Jones' locker&#33; Guess what, mateys? Neither o' 'em get under th' other&#33; It becomes a struggle t'push th' other&#33; I'll be tellin' ye what that means&#33; 't means neither o' 'em be movin'&#33; That landlubber Xerxes thinks better 'o 'tis skirmish 'n afts off&#33; Hot Coffee&#33; tries t' get about that prow o' Xerxes again, but he be havin' nay luck whatsoever&#33; And jus' like that, they's starboard up in each other`s faces&#33; Oh, what's this here? Xerxes got under that Hot Coffee&#33; swabbie&#33; Thar she blows&#33; 'n that steamin' spiced rum fellow be on his rearquarters now, I tell ye&#33; Hot Coffee dasn't like that one bit an' immediately goes t' put th' King's Shilling on 'is partner&#33; Or that's what I'd be havin' ye b'lieve&#33; In truth, it be that th' Hot Grog niggard sailed towards that thar Murdersaw an' planted down his anchor&#33; What will Xerxes do, I ask ye? Nothin'&#33; That smart lubber 'ain't fallin' fer yer tricks, ye Fishin' coxswain&#33; But eyeball this, knaves of disdain&#33; Hot Coffee's goin' nowhere as well&#33; Arrr, at this juncture they be makin' trails fer th' ol' execution dock. Th'hands ashore not be likin' this, nay&#33; Bottles&#33; Bottles o' rum rain upon th' buccaneers&#33; Now that blige rat Hot Coffee sails fer th' pier&#33; He be taggin' his hearty, Feathergo. But that be a mistake&#33; 'ot Coffee be knocked akeel by th'cutlass of Feathergo, but Xerxes sweeps his prow aboard and hoists th' lad back over onto 'is poop deck&#33; Shiver me timbers&#33; Feathergo now be flogged with th' wedge of Xerxes and the flipper prove mighty, buckos&#33; Feathergo be sailin' the Seven Seas, but they be floggin' the rapscallion and before ye know it, the bloody swab be on his foremast&#33; Th' sails, they be raisin'&#33; But Xerxes be givin' the landlubber a mighty keelhaulin'&#33; The flipper prove its worth in doubloons, me fellow carousers&#33; Now th' scourge be sailin' t' his mate Howler with th' booty smartly. Feathergo gets a mighty bar floggin'&#33; Batten down th' hatches&#33; Great timbers be rainin' into th' sea&#33; Th' hempen halter ben drugged out fer Feathergo. That there Hot Coffee laddie come racin' to th' fore with a cry of "Sink me&#33;", but th' scallywag Xerxes be keelhaulin' the swab smartly, but th'hand o' God be lettin' th' Hot Coffee makin' gangways fer the sea&#33; Xerxes be payin' him no mind and be keepin' with th' keelhaulin'. Well it be about time, ye swashbuckler&#33; Xerxes lead the merry fleet to th' port and deliver th' bounty&#33; Howler be floggin' the prow of Hot Coffee and knockin' the poor fellow akilter, makin' 'is hull all kinds of scurvy&#33; Arrrrrr&#33; Hot Coffee be seein' th' black spot now&#33; He be tryin' to stay afloat but th' wedge of Xerxes be mightier after that ruffianly floggin'&#33; Xerxes plunders th' loot of Hot Coffee and sends the scurvy cur back to th' rope's end where Howler be givin' th' lad a second mighty cutlasshaulin'&#33; Hot Coffee be on his poop deck, mateys, and it seem that he be walkin' the plank. Good fight, mateys&#33;

Finally&#33; I'm back, and - wait, what? It's over? God damn it, I missed all the action.

(1) Howler II & Xerxes win by a knockout in 1:36.

(2) Salamandra & Torque Dirty 2 Me vs. (6) Capitol Punishment & Redneck Alimony Payment

We start with Salamandra and CP driving at each other and doing some awkward shuffling for position in the center of the arena. Eventually, CP
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:45 pm

<big><big><big>Week Three @ The Woodshed (cont'd)</big></big></big>

<big>Superheavyweight Results</big>

Group A: (1) Ceres vs. (17) Elios

So Kody has plans if Elios starts with the drum facing him or with the flipper facing him, but nothing really for Elios starting sideways. Doesn't really matter though, as Ceres is able to box rush and follow Elios's path as it tries to sidestep. Ceres angles under with the ABR Plow and pushes Elios into Chopper alley.
Despite Mystic saying the pickaxes could " turn his top armor into swiss cheese", they don't really damage either bot. At best they scratch up the paint on both bots. After screwing around in this corner of the arena for a bit, Ceres wedges under Elios with the flipper and flips it over.
Elios self rights, but Ceres is right there again to wedge under. Elios gets pushed across the entire arena and bullied into the wall behind the gold square. Ceres pins him there for the maximum allowed time, but reverses away afterwards. Elios attempts to get back out to mid-arena, but Ceres is having none of it, and pushes Elios into Cold Streak's corner.
The clamp closes around Elios as the disc thing of Cold Streak comes down and rips into the top armour. It doesn't take long before smoke starts to pour out of Elios and the drum stops spinning.

(1) Ceres wins by K.O. in 1:39

Group D: (2) Atomic Doom vs. (18) Pegasus Device

Atomic Doom spins up and moves out as PD waddles in and AD comes in from an angle and both bots are smacked back, PD right past the murder saw and AD over the log rollers, off the wall and right past the house bot waiting so eagerly to chomp down. PDs wedge seems to have curled up a bit on the side. Both bots gain their bearings, not ball bearings, and trot back out towards the center where another hit sends the both off to the sides, this time AD bouncing a bit more and PDs right wedge taking another beating and seems to have a small gash in the side. PD tries rushing over and knocks AD into the house bot pit and cold streak cannot quite get a grip on Atomic as he enters and tries dropping the arm and the blade down and nicks atomic as he moves away again and Cold goes for Pegasus&#33; Get back in your square Cold streak&#33; Oh know, Pegasus got captured and dragged back into colds square, but Pegasus is trying to lift the house bot up as he clamps down, but Cold Streak is trying to drive that blade into PD and PD is lifting&#33; PD tries to walk, but cannot move with all this excess weight. And Cold Streak drops its arm and blade down onto the crushing arm and sparks fly and metal shreds&#33; But cold streak cannot break through&#33; PD is definitely racking up the points here&#33; And AD comes in and whacks right into Pegasus&#33; Cold streak slams into the ground, Pegasus is off of its feet, and now cold streak is pushing Pegasus around and into the corner&#33; Pegasus is trying to right itself, but is jammed into the wall and Cold Streak Drops the blade once again into the crusher and more metal flies, but it stays intact. Atomic Doom is just waiting for PD to exit so he can resume his thrashing, but it does not seem like Cold Streak wants to let him go. He backs up and PD is able to right itself, but is reslammed back into the wall and finally escapes, only for AD to smack right back into him and ohh&#33; AD better watch out for that opening. Got dangerously close on the bounce off from hitting PD. And PD doesn
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:17 pm

<big><big><big>Week Four @ Buzludzha</big></big></big>

<big>Featherweight Tag Team Championship Results</big>

Championship Match: (1) Howler II and Xerxes vs. (2) Torque Dirty 2 Me and Salamandra

Howler waits for his partner to make the first move, but Gabe goes off to sit in the stands instead. Eh whatever right? On the other side of the arena, Alex V is complaining loudly about the rules of the fight, but the refs are having none of it and flash the yellow card at him. Alex skulks back to his partner. So we start with Alex vs. Alex with ze Howler ex Dues facing off against 2 Torque 2 Dirty. The Torque and The Dirty speed towards 2Howler4me, but is not able to avoid getting caught by a blade. This happens a couple times until My Little Dirty Torque is Magic finally wedges Howler: The Revenge and tries to push him to a hammer. Don
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:49 am

<big><big><big>Week Five @ Shooting Star</big></big></big>

<big>Lightweight Tag Team Semi-Final Results</big>

(1) No Exit & Tidal Wave vs (4) Vesta & Sir not appearing in this match

Why are the housebots allowed in tag team matches? This arena is already horrifically crowded :V . Ganymede is immediately released by Vesta, and immediately reks Exotherm right as Spatula comes running up, just a tad bit late to the match. He proceed to beat up Kody, who is replaced by Vesta, the Ancient Roman Goddess of hearth, home and family. So since Vesta
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:32 pm

Group A: (1) Ceres vs. (16) MechaVertZilla

Taku zips out of its square, as does Ceres, and the minibot is launched into the air from the quarter-pipe rear plow&#33; I'm sure I saw a Method grab somewhere in there. Sadly, he lands the wrong way up, so that's the end of him. MVZ, meanwhile, has not moved at all for some reason. Ceres gives him a shunt to see what happens, but the walker can't seem to fire up. Ah, MVZ's driver is opening up the back of the transmitter, that can't be good. But he gets counted out anyway. That was anticlimactic.

(1) Ceres wins by KO in 0:49 (FF)

Group D: (2) Atomic Doom vs. (15) It

It lets out Ganymede. Kind of makes up for the lack of activity he had in the Visual Assault match. God Killer Klowns are terrible. Atomic Doom seems to think so too, as he blazes a trail straight towards his fellow spinner. One hit is pretty much all it takes to knock out It's weapon (don't worry Josh, I won't have the weapon be completely destroyed, just stop working :V) and then another tears into the disc (I lied :V). From then on, Atomic Doom and Ganymede together tear It into crumbs too small for even mice to chew on. Ganymede hates Killer Klowns&#33; Glunk randomly raises its tentacle srimechs in agreement, confined to its spot.

(2) Atomic Doom wins by a knockout in 1:39.

Group C: (3) YOU DIED vs. (14) Viluy II

YOU DIED starts this match in the Gold square at the base of the takeoff ramp, while <del>Archetype</del> Viluy starts on the opposite side in the purple square.
Neither bot seems eager to take on the ramp just yet as YOU DIED circles around the west side of the ramp as Viluy takes the east side around. YOU DIED follows its momentum around the north side of the arena and down the east side, following Viluy's tracks, as the latter just makes the bottom of the ramp. Before YOU DIED can get a good slam into the vertical spinner, it backs onto the ramp and parks itself about a foot up the ramp.
The Lifter of YOU DIED is pointed at Viluy, but Viluy isn't moving from its spot on the ramp. HDiT briefly lifts his lifter to get it onto the ramp, and NFX jumps at the opportunity, immediately charging down the ramp with his bot. The front wedgelets on Viluy's weapon manage to get under the briefly lifted plow of YOU DIED, and a tooth catches the edge&#33;
YOU DIED is thrown up over end, landing just shy of the housebot release, upside down. However, before Viluy can get a followup hit, YOU DIED runs away and self rights.
Viuly returns to camping on the ramp as YOU DIED returns, but this time he learned his leasson and angles into the ramp as far away from Viluy as possible. He manages to get onto the ramp and re-press his lifter before Viluy can get another hit off. HDiT tries his best to angle into Archetype while on the sloped surface. Archetype turns to intercept the incoming wall with its drum disc thing, but the gyro forces lift up the front corner of the bot, allowing YOU DIED to get under and start pushing. Both bots go crashing down off the side of the ramp about halfway up. This time its Viluy that lands inverted, but he can run either way up so theres no issues here.
The rest of the match is YOU DIED bullying Viluy around the arena while the latter gets some decent weapon hits on YD's lifter, which definitely looks worse for wear by the end of the match.

Aggression: 11-4 YOU DIED
Damage: 10-5 Viluy II
Strategy: 10-5 Viluy II

(14) Viluy II wins by a 24-21 Judge's Decision

Group B: (4) Bonzi Buddy vs (13) The 4 Elements

Well, I
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:24 pm

<big><big><big>Week Six @ The Asylum</big></big></big>

<big>Lightweight Tag Team Championship Results</big>

(2) Mordor and The Debilitator vs. (1) No Exit and Tidal Wave II

The buzzer sounds, and on the purple side, Mordor immediately charges through the doors and into the main arena, and starts to spin up, but from the other side of the arena No Exit has just come blazing across the asylum floor, and slams into Mordor. Even with the speed of No Exit
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:39 pm

<big><big><big>Week Seven @ Gothiq</big></big></big>

<big>Middleweight Tag Team Semi-Final Results</big>

(2) Crash Blossom & Seadevil vs. (3) Harbinger & Visual Assault

So Visual Assault starts out. K. Crash Blossom also starts out. K. VA tags in Harbinger. K. So Crash Blossom hangs out near its square while Harbinger tries to angle in around the jaws. It doesn't happen, so we get to determine who gets under who&#33; Isn't that fun? Guess what - Crash Blossom gets under. Well shit. Jaws close - oh fuck. Harbinger got away. I guess that 10 speed's good for something. So Crash Blossom opens the jaws and tries again. Right, uh... yeah, Harbinger fails to get around the jaws again and... doesn't give a fuck. Crash Blossom gets under again but Harbinger tries to shove him into the spun-up Seadevil. Nick puts the pedal to the metal and the even torque comes into play as CB halts just before crashing into Seadevil. Close shave. Harbinger backs off again, not really happy with being unable to get around the jaws, so he runs away with his tail between his legs. And by that, I mean he tags back in Visual Assault. Excellent, another fucking wedge. You slimeballs just slay me. Anyway Visual Assault tries his luck, and as he gets close... thwack&#33; Whoops. Well it definitely wasn't the most effective thwack in the world, but Visual Assault gets shunted a bit all the same, and that allows Crash Blossom to grab him&#33; Beautiful. Well Gabe's not making it easy for Nick because Visual Assault still has 2 wheels on the ground, but as they whirl about, Alex takes the chance and jumps. WHAP&#33; Ooh, holy flying rubber, Batman&#33; One of Visual Assault's wheels just went flying across the arena&#33; Uh oh, I sense that this match has just taken a turn for the worse for the wedge duo. Making matters even worse is that Crash Blossom still has a hold on Visual Assault. I guess it hasn't been 30 seconds yet. With only one wheel left on the ground Visual Assault can barely prevent Crash Blossom from delivering the goods to Seadevil, and... welp, now Visual Assault's lost both wheels on one side. Crash Blossom pushes him into Seadevil one more time and... yeowch. That's curtains for Gabe. Crash Blossom lets Visual Assault go and there is little doubt that Visual Assault's... um, dead. Yeah, I'm lame. Fuck off. :V So Harbinger becomes the active bot. Huh. Out he comes again, and tries to get around Crash Blossom's jaws. Holy shit, he actually did this time&#33; But not for long, because Crash Blossom twists away... and then gets under Harbinger. Quack. I mean clamp. I wonder what that sound effect was. Maybe we can hear a foghorn later on. That'd be nice. Okay, so Harbinger and Crash Blossom are basically locked together. Seadevil decides to jump again, making this his 2nd jump in the match. Seeing this, Josh backs the fuck up... and Nick gets the message, putting on his reverse gears as well. So they're stuck again. With that, Seadevil manages to get around Harbinger and... well, there goes Harbinger's tail. Ouch. Seadevil hastily beats a path back to his square as Harbinger and Crash Blossom continue to play tug-o-war. Nick now guns it in forward gear and Harbinger goes flying backwards, nearly to Teresa's area. Josh is all like "OH FUCK NO" and guns it in forward gear as well, but, ah, too late friend. Teresa is here to make your life a living hell. With her weird doggy-ear blonde hair. Seriously, her hair is freaking hilarious. Those two patches of hair go up and down whenever she's excited or something. I'll never understand why. Wait, why am I talking about hair? Oh hey, speaking of Teresa, she's punched the back of Harbinger and did some nice damage. Crash Blossom is totally okay with this and continues to drive forward and hold Harbinger there as Teresa goes to work. 10-power puncher to 6-armoured rear. Kind of like how the previous Teresa's spike ignored armour and punched a hole right through your face. Isn't it fun to revisit that a little, Josh? :D Anyway it becomes clear that Harbinger's not moving anymore after a while, as Crash Blossom suddenly drives straight into Teresa with Harbinger still in his jaws. Teresa gets all pissy and thwacks Crash Blossom in the side. Nick snorts and backs his machine off... and yep, Harbinger is pretty dead as well. I guess THIS MATCH HURT HIM.

(2) Crash Blossom & Seadevil win by a knockout in 1:56.

(5) Precise Saunter & DUDE vs. (8) DJ Dus-T & Flip City Remix

DUDE begins this match sitting still in its square, and that's how it stays. Receiver problems, it looks like. Precise Saunter tries to make a go of it, but it gets flanked pushed mercilessly, brought to the hazards, and then bullied by Teresa until it just suddenly stops working. Man, this #8 seeded team is really on a mission. We'll see them in the finals against the heavily favoured Crash Blossom and Seadevil.

(8) DJ Dus-T & Flip City Remix win by KO (FF)

<hr />

<big>Middleweight Results</big>

Group A: (1) Ultraviolence vs. (9) Atom

Ultraviolence immediately comes out with that patented melty-HS speed and flanks Atom before going into melty mode. Atom seems to be having some traction issues, and UV is all too happy to take advantage. What a monster hit&#33; Atom gets flung across the arena and under the balcony, missing a wheel and with its frame and blade horribly twisted. UV is one helluva scary bot. Talk about living up to your seeding&#33; This one's a KO.

Result: (1) Ultraviolence wins by KO at 0:27 (FF)

Group D: (2) Visual Assault vs. (10) Precise Saunter

Visual Assault gets it's plow ready as it box rushes to meet the slower Precise Saunter, who begins a forward march. Visual Assault presses it's lifter right at the last second. Now VA is under. PS fires the axe, but it barely misses the body of VA, due to the shaft hitting the lifter. Visual Assault slams the walker up against the wall, and starts lifting up. TBR, out of desperation, fires the axe, shaking itself free, but sending it on it's back. Visual Assault decides to make a move. PS fires the axe again, righting itself, but now PS's back end is up in the air with VA under it&#33; Visual Assault tries again, pinning it's opponent against the wall and lifting it up. Precise Saunter fires the axe into the wall. This causes the entire arena to shake, confusing Drakina in the catacombs. But PS is still pinned there. This goes on for a while with PS either escaping and running, or getting pinned for 10 seconds (There is some confusion initially and Gabe gets a warning the first time for not letting him go. The referee's a bit new to the job, and it's sorted out quickly). At some point, Teresa gets involved, and PS is flung across the floor by the punching bar. The fight continues with more boring pinning and more misfires from the axe. One last shot before the buzzer sounds manages to make a direct hit on the top of the plow. This is what you get for just wanting to pin the opponent

Aggression: 10-5 Visual Assault
Damage: 8-7 Visual Assault
Strategy: 9-6 Visual Assault

(2) Visual Assault wins by judges decision 27-18 decision

Group C: (3) Harbinger vs. (11) Rainbow in the Dark

Harbinger comes out of its square with ALL OF THE SPEED, and pummels the still spinning up Rainbow in the Dark. The English machine's bar, however, manages to catch one of the plow's hard corners, and warp it enough to cause some concern. There's a little chunk torn out of it. The impact, however, sends RitD into the wall and Harbinger out into the middle of the arena. After struggling for purchase for a moment, RitD heads out diagonally into the west-central area of the arena. Harbinger is right on him again before Alex can get his bot's weapon up to speed. Another little chunk is torn out of that same side of the plow, and Rainbow goes skidding away under the Pipe Organ. It beats a hasty retreat from there and heads for the middle once again. Harbinger greets it almost immediately, being popped away with less force this time, as RitD wasn't anywhere close to full power, and then finally managing to get it on the plow. RitD tries J-hooking away a few times as Harbinger slowly but surely shoves it towards the far end of the arena, where Teresa awaits. However, while it manages to free its blade, it just doesn't have the drivetrain to actually escape. While this is taking place, though, over the squeal of tires, one can start to hear the characteristic 'death hum' of that deadly weapon.

RitD starts to turn, and Harbinger, sensing the danger, turns with it, denying the spinner a potentially devastating blow but also breaking off its delivery run to Teresa. What follows are about thirty very tense seconds of 'hot potato', as Harbinger tries to keep that blade away from the corner of its plow and RitD tries every trick in the book to make it hit. Finally maneuvering itself into an advantageous enough position, Harbinger, in keeping with its aggressive strategy, goes for broke and shoves its opponent right into the house robot, even as the blade starts to come around.

KaBoom.

Teresa's bar shoots out, RitD's bar strikes Harbinger's plow and tears it half off of its hinges so that it's flapping uselessly, and RitD gets punched right in the chassis by the house robot. All three machines are sent flying apart, though in the case of Teresa, it's more like 'skidding away a couple of feet'. Harbinger's chassis is now exposed, and RitD knows that this is a golden opportunity. However, the house robot seems to have done some damage. The weapon motor seems to be smoking, but knowing what's at stake, Alex gooses the throttle anyways, and the chase is on. With a little over forty seconds left, RitD pursues Harbinger as aggressively as I've ever seen a spinner pursue anything. Josh eventually collects his wits and crashes into the spinner, badly damaged plow first. There is a tremendous impact, and the rest of the plow comes clean off. RitD, meanwhile, is sent into the wall, and its weapon seems to have stopped working. With mere seconds remaining, Harbinger is back on the offensive. Smoke is pouring out of RitD, but miraculously, it just about gets the blade going again. A final clash leaves a small scar in Harbinger's chassis and sends RitD into the wall for the umpteenth time this match. Judges, who the hell won this thing?

Aggression: 8-7 Harbinger
Damage: 9-6 Rainbow in the Dark
Strategy: 8-7 Rainbow in the Dark

Result: (11) Rainbow in the Dark wins a 24-21 judges' decision

Group B: (4) Crash Blossom vs. (12) Sekhmet

This match begins with everybody expecting a box rush that fails to materialize. Both machines come out at an angle, and Crash Blossom approaches rather cautiously. It tries to angle in on Sekhmet, and the Egyptian-themed spinner attempts to keep facing it. This goes on for a few seconds before the four seed's excellent control is telling. It gets underneath it opponent, pushes a little bit, and Sekhmet begins pivoting around while being pushed. Before its deadly weapon can feast on one of Crash Blossom's wheels, however, the jaws clamp shut, and Sekhmet is reduced to thrashing around like a (rather deadly) rabbit in a snare. Without hesitation, the four seed delivers it to Teresa, and her bar of death comes shooting out. Sekhmet, using the one wheel that it still has on the ground, manages to turn enough so that the bar doesn't impact its wheel. Instead, it punches right into the chassis, but aside from a nasty-looking hole, there doesn't seem to be much damage.

Crash Blossom, clamped on like a pitbull, brings Sekhmet down to the Catacombs, and lets the spikes pop it a couple of times. Then, the pin timer expires and it's forced to let go. Sekhmet pivots immediately, catching the corner of one of Crash Blossom's jaws, peeling it back, and spinning its opponent around. Instead of making a dash for freedom, though, it continues to pivot on the spot, moving awkwardly - perhaps because of the uneven surface. Crash Blossom wastes no time in going for another clamp, likely with the idea of bringing Sekhmet over to Drakina for the coup de grace. Say what you will about Nick, but at least he feeds his pet dragon, unlike the rest of us.

Unfortunately, though, things go horribly wrong. Sekhmet, the moment that Crash Blossom's lower jaws is under it and it's being pushed, aggressively pivots around and smashes its disk into the Scottish machine's side just as the jaws close and its freedom of movement is restricted. Well, there goes a wheel. Crash Blossom is latched on firmly, but its maneuverability is severely compromised. Painfully slowly, it begins wiggling its way towards the hungry house robot. The pin timer reaches twenty seconds, and it's almost there. Finally, only a couple of seconds before it expires, Crash Blossom manages to swing its dangerous prey into the dragon's den.

Drakina immediately bites into Sekhmet and begins roasting it with its powerful flamethrower. Crash Blossom swings itself away. How's Nick going to pull this one off once Sekhmet is free? We find out almost immediately as the spinner is released. It seems that its earlier awkward movement wasn't because of the uneven floor but because that earlier hit from Teresa must've knocked out one side of its drive. Well then. What follows is about forty seconds worth of two crippled machines cautiously wriggling and pivoting around each other, with nothing decisive taking place. This one's going to the judges.

Aggression: 9-6 Crash Blossom
Damage: 8-7 Crash Blossom
Strategy: 9-6 Sekhmet

Result: (4) Crash Blossom wins a 23-22 Judges' Decision

Group B: (5) Seadevil vs. (13) Jaws

Oh man, two terrors of the deep going at it&#33; The main issue here is that Pat has 3 pictures of Jaws, but only 1 of them is even remotely in focus and of course that's the picture that Jaws looks the most bizarre in. On the bright side of things, Alex is saved the indignity of having to eat his own socks because Jaws is indeed box rushing. Well at least that's what I'm interpreting "go stight at him" to mean. Meanwhile Alex's lunker is moving about and getting up to speed. It isn't too long of a wait before a collision happens. KA-BOOM&#33; Some bits of metal are ripped off of Jaws and both bots go flopping away. Seadevil nearly stutters right into the path of a gargoyle. A very near miss. Jaws isn't to be deterred from his aggressive gameplan, but only meets more pain from Seadevil. The attacking goes on for a few attempts before Jaws is nearly ripped in half by a shot. That's more than enough to bring this fight to an end.

(5) Seadevil wins by KO in 1:44

Group C: (6) Hugh Mungus vs (14) Remi II

Remi immediately heads off to the underground area. The new arena layout means there
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:15 pm

Group A: (1) Ceres vs. (9) Red Snake of Death

Gosh, this match is d
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:02 pm

<big><big><big>Week Eight @ Vertigo</big></big></big>

<big>Middleweight Tag Team Championship Results</big>

(2) Seadevil and Crash Blossom vs (8) Flip City Remix and DJ Dus-T

The match starts with Seadevil and FCR. FCR rushes Seadevil, who proceeds to run away, around his starting square.
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:09 pm

<big><big><big>Week Nine @ Buzludzha</big></big></big>

<big>Heavyweight Tag Team Semi-Final Results</big>

(1) Broken Ghost & 36 vs. (4) Pallas & Baron K. Roolenstien

The match opens with Broken Ghost and K. Rool edging out into this huge arena. Nick looks mildly disappointed, since it seems like he was more interested in facing Pallas. Tough beans. Looks like he
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:56 pm

Group A: (1) Ceres vs. (8) Euphoberia Ferox

EF slinks its way out of the starting gate, while Ceres blasts its way straight over to it and rams its ass into the face of the snake. Kinky bitch, no foreplay?. Shoveling the snake into the wall, Ceres back up to have another run, and again smashes into the head, trying to maonuver the slinky towards the south side of the arena, but EF manages to get its top teeth hooked over the lip of Ceres' plow, and starts to bite down...kind of. The lower jaw mostly slides up the plow instead, but eventually does manage to get a good grip near the top, just as the pair are nearing Hammer & Sickle.

The house bot hammer comes down, but the snake spikes block it, and EF is refusing to let go of its chew toy. Ceres drags it back out and instead delivers it to Big Fork You, who manages to half lift the snake over and half fold it back onto itself in some crazy geometric fashion. EF takes a moment to uncoil itself from itself, during which Ceres manages to slip in with the flipper, and toss the snake onto its back. Some more squirming takes place as EF attempts to right itself, while Ceres is forced to confront the head again, and gets another bite on the plow for its troubles.

Dragging EF away for a moment, Ceres' plow lip is peeled forwards a little more, and EF this time manages to wrap itself around enough for its spikes to interfere with one side of Ceres' drivetrain, making things a bit trickier for the rammer. Eventually, though, EF has to let go of the plow, and this allows Ceres to regroup for another attack. This time it is able to drive EF over towards the OOTA area, but EF's grip on the plow leaves Ceres' weaponry unable to come into play. Another annoying jab from the spikes in the wheels, and Ceres is at least able to get EF back into open space by the end of the fight.

Aggression: 10-5 Ceres
Damage: 13-2 Euphoberia Ferox
Strategy: 9-6 Euphoberia Ferox

(8) Euphoberia Ferox wins by a 27-18 Judges' Decision to claim a bye, though both robots will fight on&#33;

Group D: (2) Atomic Doom vs. (7) Steelvor

Atomic Doom spins up, the bearings of its ring spinner making a terrifying rattle as it lumbers out of its starting square. Steelvor, meanwhile, has gone for the box rush&#33; WHAM&#33; Both robots are smacked aside, and Steelvor has already taken a nasty shot to the jaw&#33; There
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:36 am

<big><big><big>Week 10 @ The Woodshed</big></big></big>

<big>Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Results</big>

(1) Broken Ghost & 36 vs (2) Starstruck & Hellfire

Both of these teams have overcome a number of difficult opponents over the course of the tournament due to their awesome synergy. Now, finally, our top two seeds will have to face each other. The box is locked, the lights are on, it's robot fighting time&#33;

Unsurprinsgly, each team starts with its most aggressively wedgey member. Broken Ghost attempts to thwack Hellfire sideways. Hellfire attempts to flip the thwacking arm. Hellfire ends up getting smacked about 90 degrees, but Broken Ghost very nearly ends up on its back. By the time that it regains its bearings, Hellfire has recovered as well. Time for backup plans.

Broken Ghost pretty much just settles for using its superior speed and maneuverability to flank and then clamp Hellfire, which doesn't really seem to have much of a backup plan beyond... angle in? One of these wins, and if you have to ask which, I have a tournament that you can join right here. You're gonna fit right in, kid&#33;

Anyway, after about twenty seconds of jockeying for position, Broken Ghost manages to wedge Hellfire cleanly from the side and clamp it. Dylan didn't seem to have planned for such an eventuality, so he just chews on a peach and watches, frowning as the juices dribble down his chin.

36's weapon is making a godawful racket, but it makes a mess too when it hits Hellfire. The entire frame gets buckles by the force of the impact, and CO2 starts venting from the inside. That's all she wrote for that one, I guess.

With Hellfire out of the picture, Starstruck comes out "to do as much damage as possible". With that super-precise directive in mind, if charges headlong into Broken Ghost, who managed to get flipped by 36 while holding onto the late, great Hellfire. Starstruck goes right into its plow, leaves a decent little gash, and then proceeds to get flanked and tanked for the next thirty seconds.

When the two minute buzzer sounds, 36 comes roaring out like somebody lit its ass on fire. It charges after Starstruck like Inigo Montoya after the guy who killed his father. I mean, it's so psycho that even Broken Ghost backs off a bit and just lets if to its thing. Starstruck, with its ambition to "do as much damage as possible", decides that damage to self technically counts, and it barrels toward 36. It's like a medieval joust or something, just with killer robots in a sawmill in remote northern Canada.

Boom.

Starstruck's blade - or rather, its warped remains - is embedded in the ceiling. Smoke is pouring out of its upside-down carcass. That's a wrap, folks.

Your winners, and 2016-2017 Tag Team Champions are (1) Broken Ghost & 36&#33; Congratulations&#33;
<hr />

<big>Superheavyweight Tag Team Quarterfinal Results</big>

(1) Viluy & Ceres vs (8) Blue Zenith and XIII

Huh, a match with Viluy and Ceres in it that isn
Last edited by The Monsterworks on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)