FRR Backlash Results

Drowning City's media and other contents announced, discussed, and bashed in here.
NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

FRR Backlash Results

Post by NWOWWE » Mon May 30, 2016 3:12 pm

<big><big>WEEK 1:</big></big>

LW:

Mineswept away vs Skate

I sure do hope that the plows are the scoops, because that
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NWOWWE

FRR Backlash Results

Post by NWOWWE » Mon May 30, 2016 3:12 pm

<big><big>WEEK 1 (Continued)</big></big>

SHW:

Allahu Akbar vs Airtime Extreme

The match starts and Allahu Akbar spins up to absolute ludicrous speed
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NWOWWE

FRR Backlash Results

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:25 pm

<big><big>WEEK 2:</big></big>

LW:

Tidal Wave vs. Icepick Lobotomy

Icepick maneuvers cautiously out to the middle of the area. For obvious reasons it seems like he

NWOWWE

FRR Backlash Results

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:18 am

<big><big>WEEK 3:</big></big>

LW:

Venice Queen vs. Blackrose

Both bots are out of the gates very quickly. Venice Queen stops in the center of the arena, then turns and veers to its left, but Blackrose is on top of it before it can move much. Blackrose gets its scoop under VQ

NWOWWE

FRR Backlash Results

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:26 pm

<big><big>WEEK 4:</big></big>

LW:

Powerdrive Jr. vs. Skate

Skate wins by FF

Pyrite vs. Pelican

Pyrite wins by FF

Veto vs. Icepick Lobotomy

Icepick box rushes a few times, getting the front wedge cut up in the process, but then finally manages to get Veto pinned against the wall and is able to bring the hammer into play. A couple hits later and he hits paydirt and knocks out the weapon motor and from there it

NWOWWE

FRR Backlash Results

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:55 pm

<big><big>WEEK 5:</big></big>

LW:

Pyrite vs. O'Malley

Bleh. O'Malley stays near the wall, apparently despairing in the fact he can't outdrive Pyrite. Pyrite just box-rushes. By some random act of God, O'Malley actually manages to hit the middle gap on Pyrite, and it does some decent damage, but it deflects O'Malley back into the wall, and Pyrite, while spun round, wasn't sent that far. Pyrite turns and gets back in. He takes another minor hit, but then gets O'Malley on the wedge and sends him on the tour of the ARC Arena. O'Malley has a pretty decent armour value, but all the hazard damage he takes during the match really shows. Fortunately, he does get in a few more hits on Pyrite that tear the gap in the middle open wider, and do compromise the wedge somewhat, but O'Malley has no wedging ability at all so Pyrite still has barely any trouble dealing with it. The match ends with Pyrite placing a well-aimed overhead thwack on the top of O'Malley, not doing much damage at all but still looking impressive.

Aggression: 13-2 Pyrite
Damage: 10-5 O'Malley
Strategy: 9-6 Pyrite

Pyrite wins by a 27-18 judges' decision.

Tidal Wave vs. Venice Queen

Ugh. Fuck Venice Queen and its 10 speed indeed. Had Tidal Wave been given better control than Venice Queen this might have lasted a little longer, but this was all about one moment. That one moment was Tidal Wave trying to bait near the killsaws. Venice Queen went to ram him, and Tidal Wave accidentally tripped over the saws himself, leaving him wide open. Venice Queen's flipper of 1-power is pretty pathetic, but combined with the momentum of its ridiculous speed, it was easily enough to send Tidal Wave flying over onto its back. The drum only served to pop Tidal Wave up into the air and land right back on its back, and there it laid until it was counted out.

Venice Queen wins by a knockout in 0:46.

Powerdrive Jr vs. Public Enemies:

Both halves of Public Enemies advance with the buzzer, trying to flank Powerdrive Jr, but Powerdrive Jr just goes for the white half, getting under its front wedge and flinging it into the air. Then it goes for the black half, tossing it away as well. After repeated hits, Black ends up immobilized in the corner, and White

NWOWWE

FRR Backlash Results

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:43 pm

<big><big>WEEK 6:</big></big>

LW:

Powerdrive Jr. vs. Mineswept Away

The box is locked and the countdown is starting. It

NWOWWE

FRR Backlash Results

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:14 pm

<big><big>WEEK 7:</big></big>

LW:

Frequency vs. Rainbow Crash

The match starts with frequency moving out of his square, getting the spinner up to speed. Crash attempts something that I guess can be quantified as a charge. At any rate, he

NWOWWE

FRR Backlash Results

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:29 am

<big><big>WEEK 8:</big></big>

LW:

BlackRose vs. Rainbow Crash

Backlash BlackRose moves out and makes a beeline for Crash, and scoops up the robot immediately. Rainbow tries to attack BlackRose, but it skids out of control and misses entirely. Crash is railroaded into the drum, where it's flung into the air. BlackRose gets under it again and throws it over to the pulverizers, where it takes a nice beating. This continues for two minutes, until Crash dies while Rainbow slides around like it's on an ice skating rink. Rainbow finally collides with the side of BlackRose when Kody starts focusing on it, but he's unable to stick to Rainbow as well as he likes, and the other half of the cluster survives for the three minutes.

Aggression: BlackRose 10-5
Damage: BlackRose 15-0
Strategy: BlackRose 13-2

BlackRose wins on a 38-7 judge's decision.

Pelican vs. Promethean Fire
.__________.
PF

NWOWWE

FRR Backlash Results

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:13 pm

<big><big>WEEK 9:</big></big>

LW:

Mineswept Away vs. The Smiler

The curved set-up, huh? Well Josh would be jealous. O'Malley wasn't able to make it work due to the double weaponry, but with the curved bar, it works wonders. Mineswept's plows being hinged like that, the moment that he charges into The Smiler, GF's plucky little spinner reaches around the front of the plow, bats it up from the side and manages a direct hit on the front corner of Mineswept, tearing and bending armour into the wheel there. The undamaged plow falls back down, but the damage has been done. Ironically enough, Mineswept still has the drive advantage in all categories, but the defunct wheel means he's no longer able to drive in a straight line. As it is, The Smiler can't seem to get past the scoop again, but instead hits it directly and GTFOs before Mineswept can chase it down. Eventually though, The Smiler does enough damage to the plow that he's able to rip it off upon catching an edge he carved into it previous. Upon this event, Mark switches ends and uses the other plow. Unfortunately he now angles the other way when trying to drive straight and The Smiler pulls the exact same trick as at the start of the match, flinging the plow up and damaging the adjacent corner, burying the wheel in Mineswept's own armour and jamming it. Mineswept stops moving, but it's too late in the match for a count-out.

Aggression: 14-1 Mineswept Away
Damage: 15-0 The Smiler
Strategy: 10-5 The Smiler

The Smiler wins by a 26-19 judges' decision.

Skate vs. Pyrite

Pyrite wins by a forfeit.

Frequency vs. Tortoise

Frequency, FF

Zadkiel vs. Powerdrive Jr.

Wait why the fuck did you FF this one TBR? I am so confused :v: Zadkiel

NWOWWE

FRR Backlash Results

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:09 am

<big><big>WEEK 10:</big></big>

LW:

BlackRose vs. Tortoise

Blackrose enters the match with a black hole attached where the lifter usually is. The entire earth ceases to exist as it is pulled into the growing void of unknown.
Does BlackRose win?

Cheatbot vs. Rosebud

We

NWOWWE

FRR Backlash Results

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:04 pm

<big><big>WEEK 11:</big></big>

LW:

O'Malley vs. Powerdrive Jr.

O