joint ARC scam baiting effort

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:30 pm

I like scam baiting.

from Wikipedia

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Scam baiting is a form of Internet vigilantism, where the vigilante poses as a potential victim to the scammer in order to waste their time and resources, gather information that will be of use to authorities, and publicly expose the scammer. It is primarily used to thwart advance-fee fraud and technical support scams[1] and can be done out of a sense of civic duty (activism), as a form of amusement, or both. However, some of this scambaiting can involve racism[2] while there are other forms that document e.g. scammers tools and methods, warn potential victims, provide discussion forums, or take down fake websites.[3][/quote]

At this point I feel like putting a disclaimer here. Whilst having e-mail conversations with scammers is in and on itself harmless and, I find, amusing, giving them personal information can be extremely harmful. The people on the other end of the scam bait are criminals. Under no circumstances respond to scams if you don't know what you are doing. Also, NEVER respond to a scam sent to an e-mail address you use personally and/or professionally.

Myself, I know what I am doing. And man, do I love responding to scams sent to my otherwise unused secondary account.

Now I wanna do something different. I have picked myself one beautiful scam, and want to base my responses on the input of the lovely people of ARC.

This is the scam.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div> GREETINGS FROM WHITE HOUSE OFFICE &#33;

I am Mike Pence,Vice President of the United States and this is to inform you
about your
Bank Check Draft brought back by the
United Embassy from the government of Benin
Republic in the white house Washington DC as your compensation fund been
mandated
to be deliver to your home address ,To avoid wrong delivery of your check draft
worth
Ten million united states dollars ( 10.000.000,00 Million) Kindly reconfirm
to me the below data

1. Your Full Names..................?
2. Your Residential Address ......................?
3. Your Mobile Cell Number.......................?

Contact Email adress : ( WITHHELD )
Contact Phone Number :WITHHELD

YOURS SINCERELY,
MR MIKE PENCE
VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES[/quote]

Some pointers
-THIS IS NOT MIKE PENCE
-These people are dumb, but not THAT dumb, if you wanna be funny do it in a way that may get him to keep the conversation, as opposed to make him give up on us. All he wants is our money.
-NO PERSONAL DETAILS.
-I will make the final decision as to what is sent, and I will try to send something twice a day, if Pence's reaction time allows that. Whenever I send something I will just weight the input I see here and incorporate that into... well... a monstrosity probably.

Scam baiters (it is pretty much a science in and on itself by now) have developed standard solutions for such things as being asked for a passport copy or phone number, so if we fail to come up with something workable for such things I will resort to these.

What I am looking for is not entire response e-mails (although be my guest...) but just loose ideas to incorporate in the final result.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:04 am

this isn't going according to plan at all

The Mangle

Post by The Mangle » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:13 pm

So how exactly does this work, boi?

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:36 pm

in the quote I included the e-mail that I am to reply to, contribute elements to form a witty reply

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:26 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>10.000.000,00 Million[/quote]
Nevermind that the period and comma placements don't make sense, that many 0s makes this a billion. And he says a billion million, so he wants to give you &#036;1,000,000,000,000,000.

Honestly I think he's trying to lowball you :v:
poopity scoop

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:34 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>Aug 4 2017, 02:26 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>10.000.000,00 Million[/quote]
Nevermind that the period and comma placements don't make sense, that many 0s makes this a billion. And he says a billion million, so he wants to give you &#036;1,000,000,000,000,000.

Honestly I think he's trying to lowball you :v:[/quote]fun fact, in most countries other than the USA, including my Netherlands and the rest of mainland Europe, the use of comma's and periods in numerals is the opposite of that of the USA and UK, and for me 10.000.000,00 IS a correct way of writing 10 million

The Mangle

Post by The Mangle » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:25 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Cha0sFerret</dt><dd>Aug 4 2017, 02:26 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>10.000.000,00 Million[/quote]
[/quote]donkeh where is the other placements such as the apostrophe or the semi-colon, as well as the other symbols for money such as that weird e thing and the autistic c. also add on more 0s.

with this amount of money we can finally see the playzooki version of the incredibles were buddy/sindrome gets the omnidroids and his guards to fight the supers by knocking on their doors and pulling them out of their homes, whilst mirage simply flirts with the single supers.